New year's eve - I will drive after drinking, what about you ?

dpdp

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still waiting....Mum cooking some stuff.......the anticipation,,,,pricks have closed the gate to the temple that Mums family donated to the monks to build the temple ...couple of acres.......got to walk the long way round now.

No more short cut....ah well..its not as though I used it much!

Might bung on some AC/DC to liven the place up!

Funny part is nobody gives a shit....

6;23...mums sister is here...having a good nose around....see what the monks get.....same as women anywhere i guess.

Edited by tryasimight

8 hours ago, EdBellSmokeAndBooze said:

Thank you, but were you put to sleep ?

I want to tries these cameras, but I am still scare...

I counted down from 100 to around 93 and was out like a light for the 2 scope procedures.  Woke up in a recovery room.  There was no discomfort at all.  I did have to take a taxi home instead of a motosai to the BTS.

Well that was an enlightening experience.....walk mum to the temple....dump the goodies on a table 100 meters from the temple proper...and bugger of!! All over.See the saffron dude in the distance (I've met them before ..nice blokes..well one is creepy...I wouldn't l et my kids near him)

Back to a Singha....the Moody Blues and contemplate them meaning of everything.

Enjoy your breakfast gentlemen and I use that term loosely  knowing the participants of this particular fora.

0You're welcome...it was a fascinating experience.....for once I didn't wake up with a hangover and enjoyed a real cultural experience...and so did she....Pink Floyd...not for me though me...Sun up and Singha.

Happy New Year to the drinkers and also to all the wowsers and alcoholics who never drink anymore (poor buggers)and the smokers......go for it.....who cares....I don't....for one time of the year..lets all let our selves go...be non judgemental....

26 minutes ago, tryasimight said:

Happy New Year to the drinkers and also to all the wowsers and alcoholics who never drink anymore (poor buggers)and the smokers......go for it.....who cares....I don't....for one time of the year..lets all let our selves go...be non judgemental....

No need to feel sorry for those of us who took the oath.  Life's good.

If the booze isn't causing you problems, enjoy!  I mean it.   But there is life without it, and it's a great life- not diminished by any measure. 

Besides, I can't even begin to count the money I've saved since I can go out on a Friday with $50 in my pocket and have change left over on Monday.  Used to be, all I'd have on Monday is a few small coins and a bunch of ATM stubs where I had to get more cash for another round.  Then another.

9 hours ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

A typical response from a person that lies in the thread title and has the audacity to demand honest responses.

Take your nonsense elsewhere.

:post-4641-1156693976:

Cut him some slack, and have a bit of respect for his condition.  He says "Family is the worst thing that could happen to me and anybody with a brain", thus clearly separating himself from those who do have a brain.  It must be tough going through life with hollow head syndrome.

4 hours ago, EdBellSmokeAndBooze said:

At 73 I would be so happy to be still alive that I could do any stupid thing also !

If you did, you probably would not make 74. I don't see where being able to drink more than 2 beers is stupid. I think being able to know when you've have had enough and not get drunk is smart.

The usual this year. Few beers at home then off to the local party, get pissed, drive back, stop at crossroads with a case of Leo and a bottle of Blend 285, have a few with the BIB and rescue guys, then drive another 1/2 mile home.

Great night.

On 12/30/2017 at 6:00 PM, djayz said:

Personally, I believe that drink driving is a fool's game - irrespective of country or nationality! I like to drink and I like to drive, but I never drink drive! 

This year, like most years, I'll be ringing in the new year close to home so I can have my usual 2 or 3 bottles of beer Chang and then just walk home. 

you can remove or delete the "I believe that" part...  people are dumb and ignore common sense when it's inconvenient. 

drunk driving is just outright dangerous and stupid. Unless your goal is to try to injure maim or kill others or yourself and bring despair and grief to peoples family as a way to start the beginning of a new year.

Yet people do it anyway...   People are dumb!

3 hours ago, Kadilo said:

....and then boast about being dumb. Priceless

It's only about 1.5km to the party, out in the sticks. No baht buses like Patts, etc., no worries, everyone does it. I'd never drive the scooter pissed with wife on the back, stick to the pick up.

Oo arr, bloody farmers.