Street protests hit Tehran, two demonstrators reported killed in western Iran

rooster59

Just now, Morch said:

More of the usual argumentative nonsense out of you, unsurprising. Whether you like to accept it or not, and whether you apply whatever contrived standards defining terrorism, Iran is involved in such actions internationally (and yes, whether you like to acknowledge it or not, involvement in such on a regional level does apply). It has nothing to do with your deflections about conservatives, liberals, fascists and Marxists.

As for your usual dishonest word twisting games - there was no claim that you "criticized the Iranian demonstrators", and there was also no claim made that the Iranian demonstrators were on about the regime "supporting terrorism". Just a couple of lamely deployed straw-men. 

My "hostility", if that's what it is, got more to do with the nonsense some posters spew on a regular basis.

Exactly how much amnesia are you suffering from? One of the chief justifications of the going to war in Iraq was because of the threat of terrorism to the west.Now the Trump administration is Invoking terrorism as a reason to oppose the Iran. This is a massively dishonest technique meant to alarm Americans, As small as the genuine threat of terrorism is to North America, and, for that matter, to Europe, from Iran so far it's nonexistent. So no, it's not nitpicking to call out a falsehood for what it is. But it is at best clueless, or at worst, dishonest to say that that it makes no difference as to how Iran's activity is characterized. 

5 hours ago, Gene1960 said:

Not “around the world “, just around Israel.

Directly or by proxy - Bahrain, Lebanon, India, Yemen, Argentina, Thailand, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Bulgaria. Just off the top of my head. And of yeah, who's Salman Rushdie.

5 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

Exactly how much amnesia are you suffering from? One of the chief justifications of the going to war in Iraq was because of the threat of terrorism to the west.Now the Trump administration is Invoking terrorism as a reason to oppose the Iran. This is a massively dishonest technique meant to alarm Americans, As small as the genuine threat of terrorism is to North America, and, for that matter, to Europe, from Iran so far it's nonexistent. So no, it's not nitpicking to call out a falsehood for what it is. But it is at best clueless, or at worst, dishonest to say that that it makes no difference as to how Iran's activity is characterized. 

Oh look, another deflection.

As said, whatever contrived "standards" you wish to apply in order to make your nonsense stick aren't very compelling. Whether you like to acknowledge it or not, Iran is involved in international terrorism, which (again, whether you like to acknowledge it or not) encompasses more than North America and Europe. And, that's, of course, without relating them instances pertaining to actions directed at North Americans and Europeans outside of their countries.

What does not matter is your contrived version of characterizing Iran's activity.

12 minutes ago, Morch said:

Directly or by proxy - Bahrain, Lebanon, India, Yemen, Argentina, Thailand, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Bulgaria. Just off the top of my head. And of yeah, who's Salman Rushdie.

Some of the locations you cited are questionable on account of age  such as Argentina 1992 or Salman Rushdie 1989 or India 2012).  Digging deep there, aren't you?And in a several of them you seem to adopt the Saudi line that if Shiites did it, then Iran must be behind it. 

And as a percentage of terrorist acts committed, it's vanishingly small and poses virtually no threat. In fact for some of the countries you cited, there is just a solitary incident or an alleged incident. But if you want to play that game, we could start digging up solitary incidents from 28 years in the past from other nations with extensive international involvement a and tally them up and see how many of them qualify as world terrorist threats.

You have to be very naive to beieve that Iran is being named as an international terrorist sponsor on the grounds that this is a substantial threat to the rest of the world. Any perusal of listings terrorist incidents will easily establish that.

And the very fact that you have to dig so deep to find so little supports that.

2 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

Some of the locations you cited are questionable on account of age  such as Argentina 1992 or Salman Rushdie 1989 or India 2012).  Digging deep there, aren't you?And in a several of them you seem to adopt the Saudi line that if Shiites did it, then Iran must be behind it. 

And as a percentage of terrorist acts committed, it's vanishingly small and poses virtually no threat. In fact for some of the countries you cited, there is just a solitary incident or an alleged incident. But if you want to play that game, we could start digging up solitary incidents from 28 years in the past from other nations with extensive international involvement a and tally them up and see how many of them qualify as world terrorist threats.

You have to be very naive to beieve that Iran is being named as an international terrorist sponsor on the grounds that this is a substantial threat to the rest of the world. Any perusal of listings terrorist incidents will easily establish that.

And the very fact that you have to dig so deep to find so little supports that.

Questionable by whatever passes for your "standards", so not an unexpected response. Spin away - it was probably anyone but the obvious suspects.

As for your standing nonsense - that you pronounce something not a threat does not make it so. That you try your best (as you do in almost any Iran related topic) to deflect with whatever whataboutery is at hand, also doesn't change things. That "international" seem to have a different meaning when it comes to different parts of the globe is, again, meaningless.

Now, if you're quite done with the run of the mill deflections, twisting of words etc., do note that the topic is not even about Iran's involvement in international terrorism (or your contrived views on such).

9 minutes ago, Morch said:

Questionable by whatever passes for your "standards", so not an unexpected response. Spin away - it was probably anyone but the obvious suspects.

As for your standing nonsense - that you pronounce something not a threat does not make it so. That you try your best (as you do in almost any Iran related topic) to deflect with whatever whataboutery is at hand, also doesn't change things. That "international" seem to have a different meaning when it comes to different parts of the globe is, again, meaningless.

Now, if you're quite done with the run of the mill deflections, twisting of words etc., do note that the topic is not even about Iran's involvement in international terrorism (or your contrived views on such).

No, simple math shows it not to be a serious threat. And as for nitpicking, you start out by accusing me of it and then dredge up old incidents and questionable questionable to support your case. Common sense clearly didn't play much of a role in your selections.

And as for deflections, I just pointed out the questionable assertion of a poster. You're the one who made an issue out of it.

Edited by ilostmypassword

1 minute ago, ilostmypassword said:

No, simple math shows it not to be a serious threat. And as for nitpicking, you start out by accusing me of it and then dredge up old incidents and questionable questionable to support your case. Common sense clearly didn't play much of a role in your selections.

And as for deflections, I just pointed out the questionable assertion of a poster. You're the one who made an issue out of it.

Once more, your standing "simple" (or simplistic) take on things is not universally shared, nor is it particularly compelling. I don't think that the instances quoted were in response to your post, nor that they were "questionable" (even if you insist on repeating this nonsense).

As for deflections, once more - I don't think that the demonstrators are particularly interested in your nitpicking versions regarding Iran's international activities. Obviously, pointing out "questionable assertions" is something which is alright for you to engage in, but not all that welcome when applied to your own posts.

4 hours ago, Morch said:

Once more, your standing "simple" (or simplistic) take on things is not universally shared, nor is it particularly compelling. I don't think that the instances quoted were in response to your post, nor that they were "questionable" (even if you insist on repeating this nonsense).

As for deflections, once more - I don't think that the demonstrators are particularly interested in your nitpicking versions regarding Iran's international activities. Obviously, pointing out "questionable assertions" is something which is alright for you to engage in, but not all that welcome when applied to your own posts.

:coffee1:

You are right, as usual.

Although the majority of Iranian terrorism is Israel related.

IMHO the Iranian might is overestimated. It’s a regional power, unable to form any long term alliances and project the power “around the world “. They are demonized by the West and it’s a way to erroneous actions and miscalculation.

I just hope that the revolt will help to change the political regime without an excessive foreign involvement. Too many bad examples in the area already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk