Metered taxi

thaitot

1 hour ago, thaitot said:

Thanks this was what I had in mind I try to avoid taxis in thailand

Thailand has some of the cheapest taxi service in the world so if in an area they service I would take advantage of it. 

The 10 cheapest cities for cab fares

1. Cairo - £0.08 (per km)
  2. Bangkok - £0.14
  3. Moscow - £0.21
  4. Mexico City - £0.2
  5. Jakarta - £0.23
  6. Bangalore - £0.23
  7. Mumbai - £0.24
  8. Beijing - £0.26
  9. Kuala Lumpur - £0.27
  10. Bucharest - £0.32

1. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/news/the-worlds-cheapest-and-most-expensive-cities-to-take-a-cab/
Edited by lopburi3

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

Thailand has some of the cheapest taxi service in the world so if in an area they service I would take advantage of it. 

1. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/news/the-worlds-cheapest-and-most-expensive-cities-to-take-a-cab/

Samui taxis are a different story from BKK unfortunately. Still probably compare quite favourably globally. 

It seems that there are now taxis that put the meter on. YES, I know this sounds incredible but had two different friends who are visiting and to my surprise told me that they used taxis with proper meter fare.  Look out for these pigs flying around soon as well...

• 4 weeks later...

Navigo Samui is an app available that has metered taxis. The fares are less than regular taxis but still  more than normal in other areas. At least no haggling and you can see the estimated price in the app before booking. 

I think also grab taxi is available now in Samui but I have not used this. 

On 26/01/2018 at 2:45 PM, smily said:

Navigo Samui is an app available that has metered taxis. The fares are less than regular taxis but still  more than normal in other areas. At least no haggling and you can see the estimated price in the app before booking. 

I think also grab taxi is available now in Samui but I have not used this. 

fully agree - Navigo is the best option, especially if you want to avoid high blood pressure listening to the ridiculous fares the regular taxis try to pitch. By recent waiting times Navigo seems to do well, can't wait for the high season to be over and having an almost personal chauffeur service back...