The Coffee Cafetiere - You Won't Miss it till it's GONE!

Stubby

OK, I went to Hillkofff today and bought a new glass bowl. It only cost 150B so I was happy with the price.

Unfortunately, the plunger doesn't fit as tight as the old one. That means some coffee escapes through the outer edge. The other problem is that the bowel is taller than the original so the plunger won't go all the way down. Looks like I'll have to buy a new one after all LOL :) Oh well, it was worth a try. Thanks for all the tips and suggestions.

Stubby

take the plunger to robinson and try it on all their french presses to see if one fits correctly.

other option to make loose fitting screen fit correctly is what i once had to do. order #100 stainless steel mesh on ebay and use a circle cutter to make correct size.  screens can usually be replaced

Edited by atyclb

27 minutes ago, atyclb said:

take the plunger to robinson and try it on all their french presses to see if one fits correctly.

other option to make loose fitting screen fit correctly is what i once had to do. order #100 stainless steel mesh on ebay and use a circle cutter to make correct size.  screens can usually be replaced

Thank you, atyclb, I wish I was that resourceful.

Alas, I soon reach a point with things where I say SOD IT and take the easy route. In this case, it will mean buying a new product and being done with it.

Thank for the suggestions though. :thumbsup:

Stubby