California launches legal sale of cannabis for recreational use

webfact

When I was stationed in Thailand in the late 60's access to opium laced Thai sticks was easy,  the Thai authorities didn't care, as long, as you were discreet and not high on duty the military didn't care. Bamboo bongs were popular. They could even pack the weed in sealed packs of branded American cigarettes. A brick might run a few US dollars. The drinkers were the Juciers, While high, the girls would playfully mess with head and they packed a good bong. Great throat hits. Oh, well ole War Stories. 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The History of the Thai Stick ( I was in Nakhon Phanom )

"The strain “Thai Stick,” grown by the hill tribes in northeast Thailand was some of the highest quality marijuana found in the ’70s. The hill tribes of Thailand generally used silk line to hold “Thai buds” together around either bamboo sticks or hemp stalks.

I’ve heard many incredible stories from various veterans, my father included, who engulfed himself within this rich untold history. I would hear stories of such sensational highs about these opium dipped thai sticks."

The Evolution : "Using the basic method of applying cannabis to a stick, he was able to transition this old school trade to the clean and all natural pure cannabis cigars you can find today."

https://hightimes.com/grow/the-history-of-the-thai-stick/

12 hours ago, Dagnabbit said:

Drug dealer - someone that sells illicit drugs. You know full well what it is. Scum of the earth all of them.

you said 'drug dealer'.  that means someone or some entity which deals drugs.  even Seagrams execs admit booze is a drug.  Same with Bayer execs would admit the drugs they peddle are drugs.

Accordingly, you're saying all booze dealers and pharma drug dealers are scum of the earth.  I tend to agree with you.  Happy now?

the difference between a pot dealer and an exec at Johnny Walker is;  the pot dealer's wares don't cause harm, whereas Johnny Walker's product contributes to car wrecks and wife beatings.  

The Cali government is going to need some quick money to help the people who were burned out of their homes and mansions with the wild fires that are still burning. Maybe the Canadian government will be rich by next Winter as well, if pothead PM gets his law passed in Summer 2018.

Geezer

11 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

you said 'drug dealer'.  that means someone or some entity which deals drugs.  even Seagrams execs admit booze is a drug.  Same with Bayer execs would admit the drugs they peddle are drugs.

Accordingly, you're saying all booze dealers and pharma drug dealers are scum of the earth.  I tend to agree with you.  Happy now?

the difference between a pot dealer and an exec at Johnny Walker is;  the pot dealer's wares don't cause harm, whereas Johnny Walker's product contributes to car wrecks and wife beatings.  

Your produced and manufactured recreational drugs.

Don't try to justify it.

As for pot not doing harm - that's a myth. There's plenty of road deaths caused by pot users. There's plenty of negative effects.

You didn't even do it yourself - showing you full well know this. Hey - but if it lines your pockets, eh?

17 hours ago, Kim1950 said:

The History of the Thai Stick ( I was in Nakhon Phanom )

"The strain “Thai Stick,” grown by the hill tribes in northeast Thailand was some of the highest quality marijuana found in the ’70s. The hill tribes of Thailand generally used silk line to hold “Thai buds” together around either bamboo sticks or hemp stalks.

I’ve heard many incredible stories from various veterans, my father included, who engulfed himself within this rich untold history. I would hear stories of such sensational highs about these opium dipped thai sticks."

The Evolution : "Using the basic method of applying cannabis to a stick, he was able to transition this old school trade to the clean and all natural pure cannabis cigars you can find today."

https://hightimes.com/grow/the-history-of-the-thai-stick/

Call me wrong but Thai sticks were never dipped in opium. I was involved in the 70's. Opium and pot burn at different temperatures. I have spent many years in opium dens.

11 hours ago, Dagnabbit said:

Your produced and manufactured recreational drugs. Don't try to justify it.

As for pot not doing harm - that's a myth. There's plenty of road deaths caused by pot users. There's plenty of negative effects. You didn't even do it yourself - showing you full well know this. Hey - but if it lines your pockets, eh?

Dagnabbit writes: "Your produced and manufactured recreational drugs. Don't try to justify it."

I was trying to make money.  I didn't make much.  I would have had a better chance of making money if I'd joined a NY advert firm and peddled colored sugar to toddlers.

Are there deaths caused by pot users?  I haven't heard.  Please enlighten. 

I have a lot of friends whose thinking gets dulled by smoking pot every day.  I'd rather have a dull-headed neighbor, than one who drinks hard and amasses military weapons and ammo - all of which is legal.

On a related issue:   During the prez campaign of 2012, Romney was asked his opinion on hemp.  He said he didn't know anything about hemp.   Romney is one of the pillars of the Republican party and will likely become the next US senator from Utah.  Is he studiously stupid or just afraid to address the issue of hemp?  

Although numerous states are lessening their grip on Marijuana, it seems the Federal Gov't isn't:

US to end policy that let legal pot flourish

WASHINGTON (AP) — Attorney General Jeff Sessions is rescinding the Obama-era policy that had paved the way for legalized marijuana to flourish in states across the country, two people with knowledge of the decision told The Associated Press. Sessions will instead let federal prosecutors where pot is legal decide how aggressively to enforce federal marijuana law, the people said.

The people familiar with the plan spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss it before an announcement expected Thursday.

The move by President Donald Trump's attorney general likely will add to confusion about whether it's OK to grow, buy or use marijuana in states where pot is legal, since long-standing federal law prohibits it.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ap-newsbreak-us-end-policy-134029749.html

8 hours ago, Scott said:

Although numerous states are lessening their grip on Marijuana, it seems the Federal Gov't isn't:

US to end policy that let legal pot flourish

WASHINGTON (AP) — Attorney General Jeff Sessions is rescinding the Obama-era policy that had paved the way for legalized marijuana to flourish in states across the country, two people with knowledge of the decision told The Associated Press. Sessions will instead let federal prosecutors where pot is legal decide how aggressively to enforce federal marijuana law, the people said.

The people familiar with the plan spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss it before an announcement expected Thursday.

The move by President Donald Trump's attorney general likely will add to confusion about whether it's OK to grow, buy or use marijuana in states where pot is legal, since long-standing federal law prohibits it.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ap-newsbreak-us-end-policy-134029749.html

Yeap, I knew Sessions was a threat to legalize marijuana.  What the heck is this guy thinking?

[The Colorado lawmaker said Sessions had personally promised him prior to his confirmation that he would not take steps to tighten enforcement of federal pot laws.

“I’m prepared to hold every Justice Department nominee until Jeff Sessions lives up to what he told me, lives up to his commitment,” Gardner said. A “hold” is a senatorial threat, frequently invoked to gain leverage over the executive branch, to filibuster nominees.

“Jeff Sessions told me this wouldn’t be a priority. Jeff Sessions told me the policy would not be reversed, and today Jeff Sessions went back on his word,” the senator said.]

https://www.yahoo.com/news/republican-sen-gardner-torches-sessions-pot-crackdown-162956937.html

Starting at 28th minute of following video, Washington state gov Inslee gives perspective from the western US. . . .   The voice of reason and wisdom, .....so different than the bleating voices of idiotic Republicans coming out of DC.  If Republican politicians had similar jobs in 1770's, they would all have been Royalists, in other words: anti-USA, and on the wrong side of history.