Australian child sex abusers on notice in Thailand

webfact

20 hours ago, greenchair said:

Well no you can't blame the girls. But who are the people providing the girls. 

12 year old girls don't just mosy on up to pattaya nightlife by themselves.  Thai adults are seducing them into the trade with promises of a golden life. 

The provision is family related,  nearly everything people do in Thailand and especially Isaan where most are from is family related and deeply embedded in the culture.  Take a look at mummy or even grandparents, littlest children go to malam (outdoor theatre and dancing) where sexually explicit content is joked about. Stuff happens in schools, dirty dancing is encouraged by teachers, girls pay there way through education. The respect towards parents is installed from birth and probably beyond most farang comprehension Some will do almost anything to provide money  or esteem for parents. 

However I believe this article is aimed at foreigners coming here with the intention  to break the law because of this.  And to say that Thai guy does it so why pick on the Farang is not a valid defence.

I have 2 daughters here which I am concerned , live in a village and I have witnessed a lot that I would say is not acceptable back where I come from. 

Edited by MeKonged

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Bluespunk said:

My family life is irrelevent when it comes to children being exploited. 

I know who is to blame when it comes to adults sexually exploiting underage children. 

underage is an arbitrary number, in the UK age of consent is 16 in France 15 in Thailand 18 (some wanted the boarder at 20) in some other countries it is 14. Some people are still naive at 30. Consent is the main word here, consent and no harm. It is ridiculous that an 18 year old man/boy could be imprisoned for having consensual sex with a 17 year old girl in Thailand. A 15 year old these days is (usualy) no longer a child except by legal definition.

17 hours ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

If society has a zero-tolerance towards it regardless of who/where it is done - it is up to you, me and anyone here to bring it to the attention of authorities of interest.  If someone see someone go with someone underage - and you know them and their nationality -- report it to both that nations authorities and to local authorities.  It might not lead anywhere, but at least the authorities have a starting point to investigate further and keep investigative notes -- which in the future could be used as probable cause for a search warrant.

If someone see someone go with someone underage - and you know them and their nationality -- report it to both that nations authorities and to local authorities.

Yeah right. Good luck with that in LOS where thousands of farangs have Thai step kids. 

I remember talking to someone in Pattaya with your attitude complaining about "all the foreign pedos openly walking around with young Thai girls". He had no idea that they were just step fathers with their step daughters.

In Thailand one would need more than just seeing someone with an underage child to prove a crime is taking place.

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If someone see someone go with someone underage - and you know them and their nationality -- report it to both that nations authorities and to local authorities.

Yeah right. Good luck with that in LOS where thousands of farangs have Thai step kids. 

I remember talking to someone in Pattaya with your attitude complaining about "all the foreign pedos openly walking around with young Thai girls". He had no idea that they were just step fathers with their step daughters.

In Thailand one would need more than just seeing someone with an underage child to prove a crime is taking place.

Well Mr Beach lover you are right I have 2 step daughters 17 and 20 and i go to the movies with them sometimes Does that make me a pedo Well i am not See your point 

16 hours ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

First the definition in general use (even if clinically incorrect) pedophilia is generally applied to under-age sex (which generally means under the age of 18 when it comes to sex for money).   I have run into girls that worked in bars in Thailand -- even in western oriented bars that were under that age.  They were not going with gay people.  The mamasans that I mentioned that have been previously arrested, were working at western oriented bars.  There were no shortage of customers that would knowingly bar fine these girls for services - and the girls knew which hotels to go to.   Short-term hotels have also been targetted for ignoring the age requirements.   All my observations of this behaviour were not gay... but then the places I went to have a drink at were not places gays went to... so my personal observations may be slanted one way, while your observations are slanted another way.

Hmmmmm. Anyone reading that would assume that bars providing underage girls were all over the place. Strange then, that in decades of frequenting bars all over Pattaya I never saw anything even remotely resembling the situation that you describe. Perhaps you happen to have stumbled onto an area different to all the areas I used to go, but regardless, I don't believe it is widespread in Pattaya, and if it exists, is restricted to a very few hard to find places.

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Hmmmmm. Anyone reading that would assume that bars providing underage girls were all over the place. Strange then, that in decades of frequenting bars all over Pattaya I never saw anything even remotely resembling the situation that you describe. Perhaps you happen to have stumbled onto an area different to all the areas I used to go, but regardless, I don't believe it is widespread in Pattaya, and if it exists, is restricted to a very few hard to find places.

Usually when i go to a bar and i dont often i usually take my wife and friends and we go for a drink and talk and laugh Not look at the bar girls and see who we can pick up Long as they do there job and are polite i dont worry about there age and what they do

16 hours ago, soalbundy said:

why are pedo's given passports in the first place. If the immigration know they have 180 suspected pedo's in Thailand why not just round them up and deport them, PC be damned

Because "suspected" is by definition not proof.

If they had "proof", the people in question would be doing time in jail.

Are you saying that the law does not matter?

1 hour ago, greenchair said:

Obviously there are many ways to procure victims. 

Some are collected by pimps that sell them. Some are induced individually. It used to be candy and alcohol to teenagers was a great lure. Now it's video games. Same technique though. Shower the child with gifts of their inner desires for a period of time, then ask for small favours that increase in intensity over time. By the time the abuse reaches penetrative stage, the child feels unable to speak out because of the previous gifts they have accepted and guilt about things they had agreed to. The child feels trapped and they don't have the ability to find their way out of the situation. Grooming can take years. What the 2nd boy and his mother don't even realise is that he is at the beginning stages of being groomed for sex through another victim. One victim brings many more victims and so the cycle goes. 

Can't agree with the entirety of this as you probably speak from experience as someone raised in a country built on Christian values.   Groomed... from birth it's in their culture, guilty?  It's not in their culture.  It'll take a faring to do that and good luck to that person.  

9 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Not necessarily so. By the letter of the law, I believe a 16 year old BOY having sex with a 15 year old girl in my country would be a sex offender where I come from.

I was pointing out to the poster who suggested that it was "old men" who were procuring the underage girls, that a man of any age could be guilty, not just old men.  I doubt very much if a 16 year old boy who was having sex with a 15 year old girl would be found guilty of anything. Perhaps receive some kind of warning, but that would be it.

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Because "suspected" is by definition not proof.

If they had "proof", the people in question would be doing time in jail.

Are you saying that the law does not matter?

Ok the law says u deal with kids in Aus you are convicted and put in Jail You also put on registry that u are a pedo which then makes sure after u get out of jail you receive extra attention from police of your whereabouts For eg  Convicted pedos cant been seen hanging around schools or live within a certain distance of where children play  If they dont commit a crime they can go anywhere as long as they dont commit a crime As long as they dont break the law they are not committing a crime 

16 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:

How many times do we see an older woman walking a younger made up girl around arm in arm 'selling' her on the streets.........I saw one yesterday being walked up and down Soi 6 that couldn't have been over 15 yo.   she was having a hard time walking cause her shoes were too big.  So much make up to make her look older it was funny, heard them talking, it wasn't Thai so I assume they are Burmese, or Khmer.

How many times do we see an older woman walking a younger made up girl around arm in arm 'selling' her on the streets

Me, NEVER! I have seen many an older woman walking around with her younger "made up" daughter for non nefarious reasons though.

Your reasons for assuming that the girl was "for sale" are apparently that they were on Soi 6, and she was "made up" while wearing shoes that were too big. 

You knew she was being sold by......................................?

Did she have a "for sale" sign on her head, or was the older woman was shouting out for all to hear that she had a young girl for sale?

Do tell.

BTW, I've seen more than a few mid 20s Thai girls that could pass for mid teens.

16 hours ago, soalbundy said:

"not let enter them onto Thailand" Jenny, new years eve was two days ago, are you re-tanking? I agree they shouldn't have been allowed in in the first place but I assume that they have just received info from foreign governments as to the identity of these people so the next best thing would be to correct a mistake by deporting them.

Still can't deport them for being "suspected" of anything.

Either they are "convicted", in which case they are not suspected, or they are not, in which case there are no legal means to deport them.

As I stated there is a clinical definition, dictionary definition, and general usage.  The general usage one in wide usage that any under-age persistent interest is grouped under Pedophilia.  I don't know that many people that in general usage distinguish between Ephebophilia, Hebephilia, and Pedophilia (with regards to underage sex) -- other than psychologists who would be more specific for diagnosis purposes (DSM-5) -- and people that fall into one of the other categories but don't like to be called a pedophiliac.  I just don't see the other two terms used in when speaking generally - which is why I made the distinction at the top.

DSM-5 is the bible for psychologists with regards to mental disorders (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders - 5th Edition).  Which means although they are more specific - it is classed as a mental disorder :shock1:

After all this is a discussion of child sex offenders, not specifically one diagnosis of a child sex offender -- and for the law it is for the most part less than 18 years of age.

Men that have sex with a girl under the age of consent ( whatever that may be in whichever country it is as it varies ) is convicted of a crime ( in the US they call it "statuary rape", but they are not convicted of paedophilia, unless the girl is prepubescent, or whatever age is appropriate.

eg in some countries a man can legally have sex with a 14 or 15 year old, but in others that would be a crime. In no country ( as far as I know ) would it be paedophilia.

15 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Men that have sex with a girl under the age of consent ( whatever that may be in whichever country it is as it varies ) is convicted of a crime ( in the US they call it "statuary rape", but they are not convicted of paedophilia, unless the girl is prepubescent, or whatever age is appropriate.

eg in some countries a man can legally have sex with a 14 or 15 year old, but in others that would be a crime. In no country ( as far as I know ) would it be paedophilia.

Definition of criminality regards Pedophilia and age of victim under Australian Law is available online at:

https://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_Business/Committees/Joint/Former_Committees/acc/completed_inquiries/pre1996/ncapedo/report/c02

Australian Sex Tourism law came into effect December 2017.

Australia has up to 20,000 registered child sex offenders.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/13/world/australia/pedophile-travel-ban.html

Edited by simple1

1 hour ago, silent said:

Excuse me Lucy, but only because it's obvious English is not first language will I bother 'splaining that in the beginning of this thread there is ludicrous debate over supply and demand. Find some other illiterate to taunt 

If you want to accuse another poster of being illiterate why don't you have the balls to tell him directly?

And "Lucy"?  Is that intended as a personal attack? 

By the way, there's no need for you to explain anything to me.

17 hours ago, Jools said:

You don't have to look for underage girls to be considered a pedophile. My girlfriend is 45 and a feminist tried to tell me that because I am 67, that age difference constitutes "pedophilia". I fail to understand the reasoning but many woman see it this way. Comments??

LOL.

Am I the only one to notice that that sort of "feminist" is mentally deranged by their overwhelming misandry.

It is just that Australia is the closest western country so from a western point of view this is Australia's back yard - and more trash gets tossed here..... It does not mean that there is not more trash in Europe or North America, just that due to location -- less of it gets tossed this way - while some gets tossed in other directions.

But I know what you mean... I cringe everytime I hear about "swirly man".

Given that Bali appears to be extremely popular with Aussies, is this happening there as well, or is it just Thailand?

16 hours ago, farcanell said:

No it isn’t.... young boys being the main victims in Pattaya according to a Thai cop, is mentioned at the very end of the link. The article is about pedos in general (unless by not reading all 11 pages of comments, I missed an update).... with the focus on highlighting efforts to stamp it out.

Lol... there’s the misleading bit.... the story,in its entirety, is based on Australian efforts as world leaders in fighting pedo tourism... it’s really an attaboy, so be proud, not offended, in our countries leading position on this subject.

thailand is bouncing of Australia’s work.... with someone gobbing off that there may be Aussies involved.... no evidence... just opinion, despite Aussie pedos being banned from travel. Ergo, if aussies, they are not convicted yet (unfortunately.... but not to our national shame, as no nation does more to prevent it, than others)

3EE484CD-2663-445A-A43D-85A2461B1D41.jpeg

Ah, the truth comes out and no doubt not meant to in that way. He let slip that it involves "street children". Soooo, just what is Thailand doing about the street kids, to prevent them being able to be abused? Far as I know the only agency dealing with street kids in Pattaya is the Father Ray organisation NB NOT the government, so apparently they know what is involved, but doing nothing to solve it.

I googled "what is Thailand government doing for street kids" and all I could find is that there are 20 THOUSAND street kids in Thailand and only NGOs are trying to help. If I'm wrong please post which Thai government agency is solving the problem.

12 hours ago, wotaplonker said:

ive been going to pattayas since 2004 and i have never seen any girl even remotely underage working in a bar or gogo,

not that im 'looking' for young uns, but surely the pervs who do this will be targeting in the sticks villages with nearby schools that due to poverty may be vulnerable to exploitation

No, the truth was let slip on a different post- it's all about the street kids, apparently.

As for your belief that farangs go looking in the villages, LOL. Everyone in the villages knows what is going on with everyone else, and any farang picking up underage for sex would have the police aknockin' on their door in short order. 

I'm just guessing, but I don't think you actually live in a poor Thai village.

11 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

Yes, if a pickpocket steals your wallet the blame is all on you for brazenly going about with a wallet in the first place.

LOL. Not referring to anything else, but anyone walking around with a wallet with money in it in certain parts of LOS has only themselves to blame if it gets nicked. Most of us know to keep the money hidden and only an old wallet with a few baht in it for the pickpockets in the back pocket.

4 hours ago, tryasimight said:

I often stay at a 5 star hotel and frequently bring a 'guest' for the night. Never, ever, not once have they been asked for ID.

I seriously doubt the child sex abusers are doing this in public view, anecdotal evidence would seem to indicate this is an underground and well organised group of sickos.

Well, I never stay in 5* hotels as most of them do not allow "overnight temporary girlfriends" but apparently your 5* is different.

I only speak to every hotel I ever stayed at in Thailand since about 20 years ago. Before that they never bothered.

That's odd, I thought they would all be in Cambodia. Look at some of the 1000's of Pattaya nightlife vlogs, if you can bear the mindless boredom, and inane commentaries, and you will be hard pressed to  spot a working girl under the age of 25, or under the weight of 60. It must be a safety in numbers thing. I guess the cheap food, and the chance to endlessly swill beer while watching the 'footy' appeals to all types.
Sadly, even today the bars still employ girls as young as 14.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

The young girl wants money to send back to mama & papa and she wants to buy the new apple iphone ... but she can't get a job at the local supermarket or dentist office so she decides the easiest way to make some money.

Yes. While many on here are jumping up and down about farangs, they apparently ignore the young Thai girls going with rich Thai businessmen to make money for a new phone or such. Not from poor families either.

It was reported some years ago about what was happening in the Siam Square area, and I doubt it's stopped since.

It's easy to arrange a "date" on the internet now.