Dental Implants Chiang Mai - 75K

Stubby

Hi Folks,

I've just been looking at the possibility of dental implants, or at least one at the back. I thought the prices of these had shot down in recent years. Alas, they still seem to be hovering around the 75,000 Baht mark. I know it's important not to skimp on health-related matters. But is this price average or am I just running into medical tourism fees when I search on Google?

Any advice much appreciated.

Stubby

Hi Folks,

I've just been looking at the possibility of dental implants, or at least one at the back. I thought the prices of these had shot down in recent years. Alas, they still seem to be hovering around the 75,000 Baht mark. I know it's important not to skimp on health-related matters. But is this price average or am I just running into medical tourism fees when I search on Google?

Any advice much appreciated.

Stubby

Check out Elite at Phantip Plaza, they are very professional.
I think implant about 46000.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

30 minutes ago, d4291797 said:

Check out Elite at Phantip Plaza, they are very professional.
I think implant about 46000.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Thanks for that I'll check them out. I see the price is 46000+ which translates to "starting from". Even so, that starting price is a huge difference from some I've come across. That's as long as it's not a quote for a mini implant. Anyway, I'll contact them and see what they say. Thanks again ;)

A lot of the advertised prices don't include the actual price of the 'cap'.  It's just for the titanium screw (Or implant) that is put into your jaw bone.

A big cost depends on what type/brand of cap or tooth you decide to go with once the implant has taken 'hold' and set into your jaw.

It's still generally a lot cheaper here (Thailand) than in the West.

Edited by CMKiwi

6 hours ago, CMKiwi said:

A lot of the advertised prices don't include the actual price of the 'cap'.  It's just for the titanium screw (Or implant) that is put into your jaw bone.

A big cost depends on what type/brand of cap or tooth you decide to go with once the implant has taken 'hold' and set into your jaw.

It's still generally a lot cheaper here (Thailand) than in the West.

Thanks, CMKiwi. Mine isn't for cosmetic purposes so I won't have to worry about what it looks like or what it's made from as long as it does the job. I've never had to pay for serious dental work before so it all seems expensive to me an alternative tooth. Anyway, I'm in the process of exploring options so all advice is most welcome ;)

Stubby

If you are ever in California, there is a dentist in Long Beach that does full implant and restoration (implant, abutment and final crown) for around $1495 USD per tooth - all he does are implants and restorations. I believe his last name begins with B.

The cost of implants in the US varies greatly. I had a dentist that wanted to charge me $3200 for one.

Posted from Android using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, steven2018 said:

If you are ever in California, there is a dentist in Long Beach that does full implant and restoration (implant, abutment and final crown) for around $1495 USD per tooth - all he does are implants and restorations. I believe his last name begins with B.

The cost of implants in the US varies greatly. I had a dentist that wanted to charge me $3200 for one.

Posted from Android using Tapatalk

You're right about price variations, Stephen. Some dentists list prices From $X to $X. Others simply state "Starting from". It's been my experience in life that very few products or services can be had at their lowest advertised prices.

Doubt I'll find myself anywhere in the US anytime soon but thanks for the tip ;)

Stubby

Edited by Stubby

On 1/3/2018 at 9:19 PM, Stubby said:

Anyway, I'm in the process of exploring options so all advice is most welcome ;)

I highly recommend DentalWorld: https://www.dentalworldchiangmai.com/home-eng.html

Someone close to me had major surgery there and I was very impressed with the care and professionalism shown by their staff, which included personal visits from the doctor (after an 8 hour operation), just to ensure that everything was OK.

I do not recommend Elite at Phantip Plaza after they unsuccessfully tried to remove a wisdom tooth from my girlfriend (spent 20 minutes or so) and then sent her home without pain killers. She then went to DentalWorld where the tooth was removed in what seemed like 30 seconds, and since then, DentalWorld has continued to prove that they deserve my recommendation.

Edited by lkn
  • Thanks 1

I highly recommend Grand Dent. First off, they use what are supposed to be the highest quality implants: Straumann from Switzerland. And also they use the newest and best things in crowns which are Emax and zirconium. Emax are for teeth that show and zirconium being the hardest crown of all but not colorable, are for the molars. Neither of them have metal in them which means they are less likely to turn unsightly and more importantly are more bio-compatible. In addition they are harder and more durable than the porcelain/metal crowns most dentists in Chiang Mai still use. The price I was quoted was 60000 baht.

A friend of mine had 2 implants done there and according to him Dr. Thongnard is one of the leading dental implant teachers in Thailand.

Also, I went to Grand Dent for an implant because my previous dentist told me that the piece of tooth my crown had been attached to was unsalvageable. Dr. Thongnard disagreed and ended up charging me 18000 for putting in a new crown rather than subjecting me to an implant. So I saved 42000 baht.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, lkn said:

I highly recommend DentalWorld: https://www.dentalworldchiangmai.com/home-eng.html

Someone close to me had major surgery there and I was very impressed with the care and professionalism shown by their staff, which included personal visits from the doctor (after an 8 hour operation), just to ensure that everything was OK.

I do not recommend Elite at Phantip Plaza after they unsuccessfully tried to remove a wisdom tooth from my girlfriend (spent 20 minutes or so) and then sent her home without pain killers. She then went to DentalWorld where the tooth was removed in what seemed like 30 seconds, and since then, DentalWorld has continued to prove that they deserve my recommendation.

We have had good work done at Dental World also, not implants but crowns, wisdom tooth removal and general stuff.

13 minutes ago, Dean1953 said:

I'm going to be in Chiangmai for two weeks in April.  I'm looking for a crown on a molar and whatever they can do to a lower front tooth thatgot knocked out but still has a 25% base left.  Is 2 weeks enough time to get them finished?

Probably not Dean, things are pretty much booked up for April with Sonkran and all.  Most likely can get your automatic sprinkler system fixed though assuming you did find somebody to keep the grass trimmed.

But are advised to contact the dentist of your choice directly to make your inquiries.

42 minutes ago, Dean1953 said:

I'm going to be in Chiangmai for two weeks in April.  I'm looking for a crown on a molar and whatever they can do to a lower front tooth thatgot knocked out but still has a 25% base left.  Is 2 weeks enough time to get them finished?

Grand Dent did mine in a week. Same problem

Time goes by, as it has been 3 years, so prices go up but it was defintely less than 46000 per implant. They were excellent.

Dental 4 you Clinic

382-384 Thapae Rd., T.Changmoi, A.Muang, Chiangmai 50300 Tel. 0-5387-4149

About 2 minute walk from Thapae gate.

I had completely forgotten about Songkran, but it ends April 15 and, more likely, I'll be in April 25 and stay until May 9, with the last day in Bangkok.  I did find a sprinkler system man who is half British and speaks English, which is good for me.  He put a new sprinkler system in a year ago and recommended putting in a separate water tank, where the well water used for irrigation could be filtered and not clog the sprinkler heads. I'll try to get this done this time.  I've had a renter at my house since August and the main reason for coming over is to meet him in person and, as it sounds like he will be there for a couple of years, see what things he would like to have done around the house.  Ther's a few things that I would like to have done, like replacing the gezebo that I had to tear down a year ago because it was falling apart. I'll check in advance on some of the dentist recommendations.  Thanks!

• 2 months later...

I recommend DENTALWORLD. Price is 49,000 baht (USA brand) included a crown.  The dentists and staffs there are professional and caring.  By the way, I got informed that if a sinus lifting is required (case by case), additional fee 20,000 baht is applied. As well as the bone grafting at 20,000 baht.  Luckily, my jaw condition is OK, so I no need both items at that time :-)

hope this helps.

I decided to get a lot of my dental work done at a Dental school in Kansas City.  The only problem is that they take an extensive set of x-rays and found three enlayed teeth that have a considerable amount of decay and need crowns.  He also wants to pull the upper wisdom teeth (leave the lower ones) because they have decay and don't allow me to clean the adjoining molars, which are starting to show some decay.  It's unlikely that he will have time to pull them before I leave for Chiangmai on April 23.  His price to pull the teeth is $89 per tooth.  Does anyone know a reliable Dentist in CM that will pull the teeth for no more than $89?  If it's more, I'll have them done at the dental clinic in the U.S.  By the way, the two enlays that were pulled have gold in them.  Are they worth anything?

On 3/23/2018 at 11:42 PM, Dean1953 said:

Does anyone know a reliable Dentist in CM that will pull the teeth for no more than $89?

I just had a tooth extracted for $70 including antibiotics at Elite Smile. There are many to choose from.

I think you will find dental care here at least as good as in the US at maybe 30-60% of the cost. 

On 1/14/2018 at 10:39 PM, Dean1953 said:

I had completely forgotten about Songkran, but it ends April 15 and, more likely, I'll be in April 25 and stay until May 9, with the last day in Bangkok.  I did find a sprinkler system man who is half British and speaks English, which is good for me.  He put a new sprinkler system in a year ago and recommended putting in a separate water tank, where the well water used for irrigation could be filtered and not clog the sprinkler heads. I'll try to get this done this time.  I've had a renter at my house since August and the main reason for coming over is to meet him in person and, as it sounds like he will be there for a couple of years, see what things he would like to have done around the house.  Ther's a few things that I would like to have done, like replacing the gezebo that I had to tear down a year ago because it was falling apart. I'll check in advance on some of the dentist recommendations.  Thanks!

<deleted>? Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? 

Edited by amexpat