What happened to The Coffee Club ?

balo

On 1/4/2018 at 4:11 PM, kg1947 said:

TuckCom branch : waitress is arrogant, pushy, price too high,

never try their food . Good they closed, I rather go to McDonald.

note to Coffee Club : Serve Coffee with a glass of water or tea

as mouth refresher .... whatever the correct term is .

It is not a soft drink that require non stop re-fill .

Now there's a good idea - a "non-stop re-fill" coffee. I'd go for that one. A bottomless cup of coffee.

On 1/5/2018 at 12:16 AM, dpdp said:

Maybe the same crowd that pay coffee 100 thb at Starbuck when coffee is not better than 25 thb fresh 7/11 coffee. Ridiculous.

I can drink coffee at home much cheaper than that, but I still buy coffee at Starbucks from time to time. (it's over 100 baht now). Coffee shops are a relaxing place to post on here while the wife is shopping for clothes and makeup LOL.

The 29 baht coffee at Burger King is probably best value if you want a quick cup of black coffee. The taste is better than in most of the overpriced Thai coffee shops. And they use real coffee machines with grinder.

1 hour ago, balo said:

The 29 baht coffee at Burger King is probably best value if you want a quick cup of black coffee. The taste is better than in most of the overpriced Thai coffee shops. And they use real coffee machines with grinder.

Interesting. Never thought of BK as a coffee shop. 7-11 has a very decent black coffee from a machine for 25 baht in the Bangkok 7s. But not all 7s have the coffee machine, particularly in Pattaya centre. Darkside 7s usually have coffee.

Interesting. Never thought of BK as a coffee shop. 7-11 has a very decent black coffee from a machine for 25 baht in the Bangkok 7s. But not all 7s have the coffee machine, particularly in Pattaya centre. Darkside 7s usually have coffee.

The ground coffee in 7-11 at 25 baht is pretty good, sometimes not enough water or the wrong milk available, so often i need to tweak it

On 1/3/2018 at 11:20 PM, balo said:

Yes could be they are just waiting for T21 to open up . And hopefully they will keep the Royal Garden location . 

I tend never to eat or drink in international corporate places such as Starbucks etc and try to find smaller locally run places.  Don't mind paying a tad more. Thailand is in the coffee belt and unlike Vietnam has not marketed its own and product and style in the face international Mc CorporateCofffe.  It's a shame. BTW. When is terminal 21 due to open and will the food court be as cheap as the one in Bangkok.

5 hours ago, The manic said:

I tend never to eat or drink in international corporate places such as Starbucks etc and try to find smaller locally run places.  Don't mind paying a tad more. Thailand is in the coffee belt and unlike Vietnam has not marketed its own and product and style in the face international Mc CorporateCofffe.  It's a shame. BTW. When is terminal 21 due to open and will the food court be as cheap as the one in Bangkok.

Terminal 21 will certainly kill many restaurants around naklua and ridiculous best supermarket. So happy !

8 hours ago, The manic said:

When is terminal 21 due to open

I asked the lady in the office a few months ago and I think she said October this year. 

2 hours ago, dpdp said:

Terminal 21 will certainly kill many restaurants around naklua and ridiculous best supermarket. So happy !

Best caters to Germans, don't see Terminal21 catering to the same group.

The other part of best is one of the most extensive booze shops in Pattaya, and has the best prices, so don't see that be challenged also by T21.

3 hours ago, dpdp said:

I for one hope they don't kill off Best Supermarket. Why on earth would you want it to fail?

They have a good range of breads and rolls, plenty of meats and fruit and veg.

The German restaurants seem to do just fine too. I would miss Piccolo and their Mr Bean videos. 

The few British restaurants that were in the area dissappeared long before the Terminal 21 project took shape; World of Sport being the prime example. WoS now exists in a less popular format off Pattaya Tai.

4 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

Best caters to Germans, don't see Terminal21 catering to the same group.

The other part of best is one of the most extensive booze shops in Pattaya, and has the best prices, so don't see that be challenged also by T21.

Best choice of western food is ridiculous even compared to other ridiculous supermarkets around.

I guess that it's a long time that you haven't visited other supermarkets are Best prices have nothing special, not even 1 special price on wine, you even get better for the same bottles at Makro.

Edited by dpdp