What happened to The Coffee Club ?

balo

Suddenly both the Naklua and Harbor Mall branch of The Coffee Club have closed their doors.  It must have happened recently because it was open just around Christmas.   Not sure about the one at Garden Plaza , but they seem to do pretty good. 

Not surprised really , I hardly saw any customers when I walked by . 

Too bad. The Royal Garden branch was open a few days ago anyway.

Was nice to have around. Could be that the food emphasis didn't pay off. Interesting menu but probably too expensive for most. Confusion between coffee house and resto. Works for Bon Cafe but fewer branches, more inviting, bigger name, and more reasonably priced.

5 hours ago, JSixpack said:

Too bad. The Royal Garden branch was open a few days ago anyway.

Was nice to have around. Could be that the food emphasis didn't pay off. Interesting menu but probably too expensive for most. Confusion between coffee house and resto. Works for Bon Cafe but fewer branches, more inviting, bigger name, and more reasonably priced.

Too expensive? Maybe more like not quite enough value for money. I went a few times when they discounted breakfast. Good, consistent cooking but no Wow factor.

6 hours ago, dpdp said:

Sorry but who was dumb enough to go there ?1

With the Eatigo discount of up to 50% I was "dumb" enough to go there,  the food is good , especially love their salads. The coffee is nothing special so in my opinion they should change their name to something else. 

1 hour ago, balo said:

With the Eatigo discount of up to 50% I was "dumb" enough to go there,  the food is good , especially love their salads. The coffee is nothing special so in my opinion they should change their name to something else. 

Ok maybe with 50% discount it is more acceptable.

But still, they were made to close from the day they opened.

They are now all closed.

11 hours ago, champers said:

Too expensive? Maybe more like not quite enough value for money. I went a few times when they discounted breakfast. Good, consistent cooking but no Wow factor.

Yep, that's what I mean. I think Jingthing gave it a mediocre review some years ago.

The last Coffee Club breakfast I had was at their Tuckom branch. I sent the food back because the scrambled eggs were more like egg soup. It came back with scrambled eggs cooked to the consistency of a squash ball. If that was meant to teach me a lesson it did - namely don't eat at Tuckom branch of Coffee Club again. Service and food was all round better at Naklua, including a newspaper to read, something not offered at Tuckom.

I noticed a Coffee Club in Hua Hin a few months ago. I wonder if branch closures are national rather than just local.

There's one in Bangkok at the corner of Ekamai and Sukhumvit that's still open. While I stare wide-eyed at the 101 baht price for a (pretty good) americano, it does have a decent terrace. It's always busy, too, with many Thais and some tourists. But I only go there infrequently when I visit BKK. 

Also now closed, or in the orocess of doing so, is the small Coffee Club branch at Took Com. It always had a few people there, but McD’s just opened next door. Wouldn’thave thought they would be competing really. Must be a major rethink for the Minor Group company who own Coffee Club (pun intended)

I have visited two Coffee Clubs in Bangkok and will never go back to either of them. One was excessively noisy with it's minimalist concrete feel, and the other was infuriatingly maddening with it's boom boom boom bass speakers. Not to mention the fawning waitresses hovering around all the time.

3 hours ago, JSixpack said:

Yep, that's what I mean. I think Jingthing gave it a mediocre review some years ago.

I only ate there once at their Tukcom location for some "Singapore" noodles. Honey, I've been to Singapore. Those weren't Singapore noodles. The chain overall seems overpriced and is mostly selling atmosphere and cloying service. No thanks!

No they are not all closed. Royal Garden always busy. And in Bangkok, the Ekkamai branch also very popular, been there for years. So they must be doing something right.

TuckCom branch : waitress is arrogant, pushy, price too high,

never try their food . Good they closed, I rather go to McDonald.

note to Coffee Club : Serve Coffee with a glass of water or tea

as mouth refresher .... whatever the correct term is .

It is not a soft drink that require non stop re-fill .

I go to s coffee house if the COFFEE is good. If it is I do notbworrybaboutbthenprice. End of story. I love my coffee. If it is 200  for a cup and it is great tasting I will go back. You pay for what you like and get. To many of you are just penny pinchers. And piss me off.

3 hours ago, shaurene said:

I go to s coffee house if the COFFEE is good. If it is I do notbworrybaboutbthenprice. End of story. I love my coffee. If it is 200  for a cup and it is great tasting I will go back. You pay for what you like and get. To many of you are just penny pinchers. And piss me off.

I think you're in the minority. Most people go to "coffee" houses for the milk, sugar, aircon, and wifi. Of course Coffee Club is also a real restaurant. 

12 hours ago, champers said:

The last Coffee Club breakfast I had was at their Tuckom branch. I sent the food back because the scrambled eggs were more like egg soup. It came back with scrambled eggs cooked to the consistency of a squash ball. If that was meant to teach me a lesson it did - namely don't eat at Tuckom branch of Coffee Club again. Service and food was all round better at Naklua, including a newspaper to read, something not offered at Tuckom.

I noticed a Coffee Club in Hua Hin a few months ago. I wonder if branch closures are national rather than just local.

At Tukcom coffee club is now called McDonald ! Fortunately !!!

11 hours ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

There's one in Bangkok at the corner of Ekamai and Sukhumvit that's still open. While I stare wide-eyed at the 101 baht price for a (pretty good) americano, it does have a decent terrace. It's always busy, too, with many Thais and some tourists. But I only go there infrequently when I visit BKK. 

Maybe the same crowd that pay coffee 100 thb at Starbuck when coffee is not better than 25 thb fresh 7/11 coffee. Ridiculous.

5 hours ago, shaurene said:

I drive a 10mb car and I don't pay 100 thb for a ridiculous coffee, let alone 200.

When reading this thread it seems that not many people agree with you, and they are closing.

Wish you the best to find another scam place to pay your coffee 300 thb.

On 1/4/2018 at 12:12 AM, champers said:

like most things in Pattaya  TOO EXPENSIVE.

11 hours ago, dpdp said:

I drive a 10mb car and I don't pay 100 thb for a ridiculous coffee, let alone 200.

When reading this thread it seems that not many people agree with you, and they are closing.

Wish you the best to find another scam place to pay your coffee 300 thb.

10 million baht car? You just hanged yourself.