Highway 7 toll

janclaes47

As I understand that from tomorrow on the toll booths will open on highway 7, I noticed that at the highway 36 exit it shows 0 Baht toll.

Same at the Nongprue exit if you come from the direction Bangkok, there are several categories of prices, with one set at 0.

Does that mean that the section between highway 36 and nongprue will remain toll free?

This is a picture taken this evening at the highway 36 exit.

5a4e18d82eb4c_Pattayatollbooth.thumb.jpg.4912896edf3d02d675b7e45a826166b5.jpg

Just now, topt said:

According to the earlier news article there is a "soft opening" which lasts from tomorrow until the 18th -

Where exactly they will be charging I am not sure.

But that doesn't explain the 0 Baht in the picture, especially because there are no other rates.

If you look at the picture this doesn't look like a temporary sign either.

At the Nongprue exit it starts at 0 and then has higher category prices, which i assume depends on the distance travelled.

At the Highway 36 exit you only can have entered at the nongprue entrance, so no different categories.

5 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

But that doesn't explain the 0 Baht in the picture, especially because there are no other rates.

From the article -

but charges on the Ban Bung to Pattaya stretch will not be levied in the soft opening from January 5th to 18th.

I am guessing Ban Bung is the turn off to Burapha/Lam Cheabang golf courses but may be wrong.

Otherwise I have no idea.

I especially do not understand as the entry/exit gaps on the 7 past what I call the Lam Cheabang port/city junction were still open this afternoon although blocks could be moved fairly quickly to close them.

32 minutes ago, topt said:

From the article -

I am guessing Ban Bung is the turn off to Burapha/Lam Cheabang golf courses but may be wrong.

Otherwise I have no idea.

I especially do not understand as the entry/exit gaps on the 7 past what I call the Lam Cheabang port/city junction were still open this afternoon although blocks could be moved fairly quickly to close them.

I don't know where Ban Bung is, but it is definitely not at highway 36, which is the first exit after nongprue and is not reachable if coming from Bangkok.

Also the signs are clearly not temporary signs.

Edit : Ban Bung is Chonburi where the old highway 7 stopped previously.

From what I am told by several Thai's that I either work with or have business dealings with, the charge from the Highway 36 exit on to 7 will be 10 Baht, so collect a ticket at the toll booth at the entrance to 7 in Pong and then pay 10 Baht at the Nongprue toll, same in reverse, if coming towards 36 from Pattaya.

There would be no point in having toll booths if there was to be no charge, unless they issue a ticket that has a zero toll on it.

All charges on the new section to start from 18th, 5th to 18th is the testing phase.

Those wishing to avoid the toll for the short section from Nongprue to 36 (and reverse) would have to go via 36 / 3, to use the smaller roads would be catastrophic, Nongprue area already backs up without additional traffic!

He then said the entire Highway 7 from Bangkok to Pattaya covering a total distance of 126 kilometres with nine toll booths will be put on trial run until April 19 when motorists will have to pay in according to the distance, or 105 baht at maximum for cars.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/highway-clarifies-105-baht-toll-safer-126-kilometre-bangkok-pattaya-motorway-reasonable/

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Came back on the 7 from BKK on the 5th. The exit toll station before going on to 36 was a long wait - mostly just for the people leaving the 7 at this point but also for traffic going on to Pattaya.

They have only 4 booths there, including one Easy Pass one. 

2 hours ago, John Singer said:

Came back on the 7 from BKK on the 5th. The exit toll station before going on to 36 was a long wait - mostly just for the people leaving the 7 at this point but also for traffic going on to Pattaya.

They have only 4 booths there, including one Easy Pass one. 

I suppose that's a bottleneck which will persist until they complete the tollway all the way to Banchang. Once that's open, 4 booths at the #36 junction will probably be adequate.

In theory once they got rid of the big Chonburi bound tolls and each exit has their own tolls there should be less queue as Pattaya bound traffic only pays once to exit at Pataya, and Rayong bound traffic pays at 36 exit, and countless other along the way like Sri Racha/Laem Chanbang

The remaining bottleneck would then be the Bangkok bound final toll

23 hours ago, John Singer said:

The exit toll station before going on to 36 was a long wait

I think this will continue for some time unfortunately, as in reality some 75 - 80% of the traffic exits 7 at 36 on to Maptaphut etc. 

As mentioned, once the 7 extension opens, then this should relieve some of the traffic there, but certainly not all, I will see how it evolves, as use the 36 exit a lot and do not fancy getting stuck in big queues each time.

Traveled to Bangkok yesterday, joining 7 from 36, no issues at this new toll, the next toll is in the process of being dismantled (Panthong) and was charged 60 Baht on my easy pass at the Lat Krabang toll, so first section was free for now, 18th on will be 105 Baht :sad:

Removing the Panthong toll will improve journey times, as it removes one bottleneck, I've queued for this for over an hour on many an occasion!

For those going to Sriracha etc. on the frontage roads, then there was a looooong queue at the traffic lights just after the PTT petrol station, probably easier to go via 3 TBH.

Archived