Hey guys - don't you know these are the Thai roads!

webfact

3 minutes ago, Chainsaw said:

Well said man. I'm amazed NKM ever leaves home because of all the risks involved! I think he might be an undercover Health & Safety official. :ph34r:

You could be right. 

I'm not silly about safety... after a lifetime in Oz industry it's impossible not to be. But everything that is fun,  physically,  has a degree of risk. 

The grandkids I mentioned could have been sitting on there <deleted> playing video games but they were not.

I was riding motorbikes and driving old cars in the bush from a young age and so were my kids..... And now their kids are too.

Mind you if you are brought up in the country/bush compared to the city then this is perfectly normal. 

Must  be transgenerational child abuse / neglect, according to some people. 

1 hour ago, peperobi said:

Many things are forbidden here in Thailand but no one taking care off...

And that's one of the joys of living in Thailand - the H&S mob haven't completely taken over every aspect of everyday life.

Samlors are common here even though, I gather, illegal.  Nobody cares (apart from the odd farang......) as they're appreciated as a cheap form of transport for moving goods/selling produce and, less frequently,  carrying people.

Chalong Circle is potentially dangerous for all vehicles (especially nowadays!) - not just samlors.  Those feeling safe in large, protected vehicles need to take as much care as those riding samlors and 'bikes - even though they personally won't be harmed in the event of a collision.

20 hours ago, tryasimight said:

I take extreme offence to your comments suggesting poor supervision,  neglect or abuse. 

Shame on you.    

I have no idea what risks they will take in the future.....I Am not clairvoyant. 

Of course I could not guarantee the CHILDREN  were perfectly safe...... Same as I doubt you could guarantee the same if any of your offspring would be perfectly safe riding a bicycle or playing football. God forbid they ever want to ride a horse or go pig hunting. 

I am sick and tired of the new age risk averse scaredy cats that seem to have infested the population since 9/11whose only mantra is safety... Safety... Safety. 

What happened to fun and the inherent risks involved? 

Shame on me, really????  

https://www.safeworkaustralia.gov.au/quad-bike-fatality-data

"I have no idea what risks they will take in the future.....I Am not clairvoyant." - perhaps you should Google "Nature versus Nurture" then.  

"Of course I could not guarantee the CHILDREN  were perfectly safe.." - correct, but you could minimize their risk of serious injury or death.  Isn't that a parent's responsibility????

"Same as I doubt you could guarantee the same if any of your offspring would be perfectly safe riding a bicycle" - I agree, but at that age, they would be riding in a park, or on a quiet street, not a busy road.  

"God forbid they ever want to ride a horse or go pig hunting." - I don't have a problem with either, but at that age, safe handling of firearms and horses may be a little too much for them to comprehend. 

"I am sick and tired of the new age risk averse scaredy cats" - so am I, but I am an adult, I'm not 8 years old.

"What happened to fun and the inherent risks involved?" - the question is, at what age is someone capable of assessing those "inherent risks?"  

20 hours ago, Chainsaw said:

Well said man. I'm amazed NKM ever leaves home because of all the risks involved! I think he might be an undercover Health & Safety official. :ph34r:....Little man in a big hat syndrome..

Gotta wear a big hat, because there is a big brain under it.  :thumbsup:

How's your party hat going?  :cowboy: