ATM limits

thaitot

Quick question can someone tell me what the atm limits are here specifically for bank Ayudhya the yellow one I just got 30 1000 notes as the atm said that was the limit when does that renew 24 hours or next calendar day I am using their a card thanks

Yep, Ahudhya is 30,000 each time.  You can do that as many times as you can until your card's daily limit is reached.  Nothing to do with the local Thai machine.

Yes, daily card limits typically renew each day.  So, technically, you should be able to do a max pull at 23xx hrs in your bank's time zone, then do it again after midnight.  I've heard others say that, makes sense, but I've never tried it. 

The other ATM that does 30,000 Baht per time is TMB, Thai Military Bank.  I think there's another, can't remember now, somebody else will say I'm sure.

Assuming the OP is talking about using a Krungsri debit card at Krungsri ATMs...

As Jay notes above, the 30K limit is Krungsri's own limit PER WITHDRAWAL for their own ATM machines.

The DAILY withdrawal limit for Krungsri customers is usually much higher and can be set and adjusted by the accountholder in several ways, including at the ATM, via phone to customer service, and sometimes via online banking (though for Krungsri, I can't recall if their online banking supports that). The DAILY limit can be set much much higher than the ATM machine per withdrawal limit, if desired.

AFAIK, the new daily cycle changes at midnight.

3 hours ago, 55Jay said:

The other ATM that does 30,000 Baht per time is TMB, Thai Military Bank.  I think there's another, can't remember now, somebody else will say I'm sure.

Kasikornbank too. (The green ATMs)

3 hours ago, 55Jay said:

Yep, Ahudhya is 30,000 each time.  You can do that as many times as you can until your card's daily limit is reached.  Nothing to do with the local Thai machine.

Yes, daily card limits typically renew each day.  So, technically, you should be able to do a max pull at 23xx hrs in your bank's time zone, then do it again after midnight.  I've heard others say that, makes sense, but I've never tried it. 

Not necessarily. I can get 30,000 baht from the TMB, but NOT from the Ayudhya. I obviously has something to do with what cards you are using.

27 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

Kasikornbank too. (The green ATMs)

You cannot get more than 20k per pull from K-Bank ATMs, even if you're using a K-Bank card... unless they changed this recently

1 minute ago, Kadilo said:

If you change your settings withdrawl per day you can get as much as you like with K-Bank in 30,000 chunks. I recently got 120,000 out in 4 consecutive hits.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

I've never seen a K-Bank ATM dispensing more than 20k. Where was that? I always take out 30k for rent, in 2 hits.

4 hours ago, thaitot said:

Thanks I will try after midnight

I made the assumption you are using a foreign bank card, not a Thai bank card.  Is that correct? 

If so, and you're trying to get higher amount of cash in a short period of time, that's where the "midnight" thing comes in - but midnight wherever your foreign bank is, not midnight Thailand local time.

My bank is in Reno, Nevada. 1500 here (at the moment) is midnight there.  So I should be able to do my card's default max pull ($1,000/day) around 1430/2:30PM local Thailand time.  Go for a walk around the mall, then do another one just after 1500/3PM.

Edited by 55Jay

I assumed the OP was asking about a foreign ATM card too. I have Thai ATM cards too (TMB and BB) and could have used any ATM and milked it dry until all my funds were withdrawn. The daily withdrawal limits are in the hundreds of thousands baht I recall. 

Ah, OK, my mistake for ass-uming. 

I was just looking at my BAY internet banking, poked around in the settings and didn't see where I could change my card and transfer limits.   Maybe it's there and I just don't see it. 

It's fairly straight forward on Bangkok Bank iBanking.

There's always the branch as well, if you're near it, it's open and you need a one-time larger hit of funds.

Edited by 55Jay

6 hours ago, 55Jay said:

My bank is in Reno, Nevada. 1500 here (at the moment) is midnight there.  So I should be able to do my card's default max pull ($1,000/day) around 1430/2:30PM local Thailand time.  Go for a walk around the mall, then do another one just after 1500/3PM.

That's exactly what I do with my U.S. bank card, although my main bank is in the Central time zone. That card allows $500 per pull as the limit set by my U.S. bank. So do one pull just before midnight CST, then do another pull for the full amount just after midnight CST. Works perfect every time.  Just have to adjust for the U.S. use/changes with daylight savings time.

1 hour ago, thaitot said:

Thanks for the replies it is a Bank of Ayudhya issued card I will try 30k again as that is the limit per pull I will try it again for another 30k and report back thanks

Check with your BAY branch, or probably any BAY branch, and they should be able to tell you the daily limit on your card. And then, you can adjust the settings as desired. Then you can make back to back 30K withdrawals up to your daily limit for ATM withdrawals.

Just remember, higher settings also lend themselves to greater exposure to fraud/theft should your card become compromised. And unlike some other countries including the U.S., Thailand doesn't have banking laws that protect/limit customers from liability for bank card fraud.

In particular, you might want to consider setting a very low, or even off limit, for POS (Point of Sale) use, apart from the ATM withdrawal limit. Because, if your card is lost or stolen, those POS purchases can be made by anyone in just a swipe and sign mode. And retailers here usually don't bother to check for ID or signatures.  At least with ATM withdrawals, you still have the protection of your PIN.

BTW, the main customer service phone number for BAY usually has pretty decent English speaking staff when you choose their English language option -- even if the staff in their branches often speak little or no English, depending on the location.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

2 hours ago, ThaiBob said:

I assumed the OP was asking about a foreign ATM card too. I have Thai ATM cards too (TMB and BB) and could have used any ATM and milked it dry until all my funds were withdrawn. The daily withdrawal limits are in the hundreds of thousands baht I recall. 

All of the major Thai banks have limits that the customer can set themselves from a range of choices, usually one limit for ATM withdrawals per day, and the other for POS purchases per day. 

But yes, the DEFAULT daily limits, if the customer never adjusts them, tend to be on the high side, as in 100,000+ baht per day.

Just now, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

That's exactly what I do with my U.S. bank card, although my main bank is in the Central time zone. That card allows $500 per pull as the limit set by my U.S. bank. So do one pull just before midnight CST, then do another pull for the full amount just after midnight CST. Works perfect every time.  Just have to adjust for the U.S. use/changes with daylight savings time.

Nice, and good to know that does work as advertised. 

Me, I quit using my US card in Thai ATMs not long after Aeon started the 150 fee a while back.  Did OTC w/d at my branch for quite a long time until finally giving in to the fees with the DIY ACH EFT program via BKB NY.   Costs a few bucks, that's ok.   Also, the BKB calendar girls at my branch were getting wise to my shenanigans, so I cooled my jets before salacious rumors began to circulate at the local market.  :laugh:

8 hours ago, tropo said:

You cannot get more than 20k per pull from K-Bank ATMs, even if you're using a K-Bank card...

unless they changed this recently

They changed their ATM limit to 30'000 about 6 months ago I think  :wink:

4 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

That's interesting news -- the first I've heard of KBank raising their withdrawal limit on their ATM machines.

Just curious, anyone have any experience of getting MORE than 30K from a single withdrawal at any Thai ATM?

AEON ATMs used to offer that, but no longer do. I've had some people claim they can do better than 30K at Citibank Thai ATMs, of which there are very few, but I've never confirmed that.

3 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Just curious, anyone have any experience of getting MORE than 30K from a single withdrawal at any Thai ATM?

There are reports of some ATM from Krungsri and Citibank that would now deliver up yo 50'000 baht.

I never used them though...

9 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:
18 hours ago, tropo said:

You cannot get more than 20k per pull from K-Bank ATMs, even if you're using a K-Bank card...

unless they changed this recently

Well thanks! That's good news if they have. I will give it a go next time.

12 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

All of the major Thai banks have limits that the customer can set themselves from a range of choices, usually one limit for ATM withdrawals per day, and the other for POS purchases per day. 

But yes, the DEFAULT daily limits, if the customer never adjusts them, tend to be on the high side, as in 100,000+ baht per day.

I believe that SCB's default is 20,000 / day. Mine is set at that level and I've never changed it.

11 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

I assume that by K-Bank you mean Krunsgri?

If that's the case in February 2016, I withdrew  30,000 from a Krungsri ATM in Pattaya using a UK-issued card

30,000 Baht + 200 Baht Access Fee = 30,200 Baht   

Edited by VBF

30 minutes ago, VBF said:

I assume that by K-Bank you mean Krunsgri?

If that's the case in February 2016, I withdrew  30,000 from a Krungsri ATM in Pattaya using a UK-issued card

30,000 Baht + 200 Baht Access Fee = 30,200 Baht   

In post #5 above, he specifically referred to Kasikorn...as opposed to Krungsri....

Krungsri has long had a 30K per withdrawal limit on their ATM machines. But if Kasikorn has lately changed to that higher amount, that would be news.

BTW, I believe the current Thai standard ATM fee for foreign card withdrawals is 220 baht, not 200b.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

37 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

In post #5 above, he specifically referred to Kasikorn...as opposed to Krungsri....

Krungsri has long had a 30K per withdrawal limit on their ATM machines. But if Kasikorn has lately changed to that higher amount, that would be news.

BTW, I believe the current Thai standard ATM fee for foreign card withdrawals is 220 baht, not 200b.

Ah...my bad for not reading correctly. :sorry:

I've never been sure whether K-Bank meant Kasikorn or Kungrsi - now i realise - it's the green one being Kasikorn 

Yes I'm sure the fee has gone up since 2016...and will probably continue to. :sad:

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Which K-Bank do you mean -- Kasikorn (green), or Krungsri (yellow), or Krungthai (blue)???

Good question. I'm interested in the 30k pulls at the Kasikorn (green) ATMs.