buying a house and owning it as a foreigner - transfer info - Pattaya

On 1/10/2018 at 3:10 PM, Wake Up said:

Now a legal 30 year lease  is not against public policy (maybe consecutive 30 year leases) but that is the best you can do. When you die the lease expires thus not conflicting with public policy. Peace 

So when you die the left over of the lease  is not inherited by your beneficiaries until the end of 30 years completed... !? That's a bit odd and not like any other lease I have heard of (like in UK 99-year leases that many flats are based on) ...

Its easy ....you can't own land.
rent for 30 years...or if married to a Thai national have them buy it in their name....a foreigner can own a condo 100% legaly.
You could also have a
"usufruct" which allows use of land for your lifetime !

To sum things up 

* Usufrut - Gives you the right to occupy the land > Owner has right to sell or mortgage (out right )

* Lease   - Gives you the right to occupy & construct - ? Can owner still sell passing on Lease

* Superficies - Gives you the right to occupy & actually own the building you construct - Not to sure but can land owner sell land ? so what about your house

* Company - Company owns with Thais as majority 51% - You may gain most voting rights but company still owns (you own part of it as a share holder ) - correct if need be

Correct me if needed > Property can be sold with a majority vote 

20 minutes ago, BEVUP said:

To sum things up 

* Usufrut - Gives you the right to occupy the land > Owner has right to sell or mortgage (out right )

* Lease   - Gives you the right to occupy & construct - ? Can owner still sell passing on Lease

* Superficies - Gives you the right to occupy & actually own the building you construct - Not to sure but can land owner sell land ? so what about your house

* Company - Company owns with Thais as majority 51% - You may gain most voting rights but company still owns (you own part of it as a share holder ) - correct if need be

Correct me if needed > Property can be sold with a majority vote 

You can combine Lease and Superficies, so you own building and are guaranteed to stay on land for up to 30 years, even if owner sells the land. You could own 49% of the company leasing the land to you, and that company could have preferred shares. Usufruct is not interesting, as one in worst case scenario, may be worth more dead than alive...:whistling: 

3 minutes ago, khunPer said:

You can combine Lease and Superficies, so you own building and are guaranteed to stay on land for up to 30 years, even if owner sells the land. You could own 49% of the company leasing the land to you, and that company could have preferred shares. Usufruct is not interesting, as one in worst case scenario, may be worth more dead than alive...:whistling: 

Thanks for clearing things up, maybe OP might tap into the thread again

PS - I did know about L & S, but really nothing about company (would never want to venture there ). As for the Usufrut I'm still alive even though the new owner wont negotiate so I guess he has another 20 yrs to wait