Anyone Know The Nam Som Area? (udon)

scooterboy

Next time take the night trian down from Bangkok and skip all the bad parts. There have to be at leat five bike rental places in Udon, that on is just the easiest to find.

Lickey you had a little competetion yesterday, four of us came through on big bikes took the route over the mountain to the river. Definelty a challenging ride, but beautiful. The town it self as much as we could see really looked like a neat place.

One of the riders lives in Sri Caing Mai, so we did the Loie loop and changed it a bit, well worth the effort.

By the way we ride somewhere out of Udon just about every weekend, if you might want join us sometime just PM me your e-mail address and I will put you the list I notify all the riders what the plans are for the weekend,. Find one that sounds good to you. your welcome to join in.

Next weekend we are of to Korat for thier Bike Week really a Bike night LOL. I won't make that one but others will. As a norm we bring our wives and it's a family type social gathering as well.

anyway I have to say I really enjoyed your mountain it was really neat

Hi Ray, glad you liked Namsom and the mountain road, and thankyou for you invite to go out with the club on a run, that would be a nice deviation from the farm and shop at weekends, missus loves the bike too, before we left UK, took her on a rapid tour of Holland,Belgium Germany and France, in a very tight border hop of 6 days, my ZZR1100, {still have in UK } done the buisness as usual, she loved it, me too, perhaps my final tour in Europe? ok, will PM you my e-mail and look forward to some dates, cheers, Lickey & Pan..

hi scooterboy,

yes, there is a bus connection from udon to namsom. but there is a taxi service to namsom too.

I'm german. the parents of my wife live in namsom. so we come here every year for 4-6 weeks to spend some time with the family.

i agree with lickey. namsom is a very nice and peaceful place. i like to spend my holidays there and everytime we have to return to germany it is very hard goodbye.

the shop of lickeys sister in law is very good and it is the only one in that style in namsom. i was there very often in january and the beginning of february and i wonder why all of them spoke a good english. now i know: brother in law is a native speaker ;-).

well, the namsom people a very friendly and you will not have any problem at all.

ok, scooterboy, enjoy your stay in namsom.

best regards.

exchange1973

Hi Exchange, thankyou for your compliments on sisters shop, i will pass them on tomorrow, thankyou also to Scooterboy about travel, whenever i go to BKK i always fly from Udon, usually about 2100bht, 3/4 hour and job done!! this is 4 times the bus money, but 3000 times more comfortable!!

We should have my wifes new beauty saloon opening in April, very near Fresh One, will have a bar there as well, Im looking for a good german cook to do Viener Schintzel, kartoffel salad and french fries, also who has contacts with the Paulaner and Bittburgher brewerries, do you know anybody who could do this?? :o

Used to stay in Namsong just outside Namsom so know the area well.My all time favorite noodle soup restaurant is just down from the war memorial towards Loie on the right.A little further down on the same side is a decent Jim Jum.Sometimes I realy miss the place as I stayed there many times over a four year period.

Used to stay in Namsong just outside Namsom so know the area well.My all time favorite noodle soup restaurant is just down from the war memorial towards Loie on the right.A little further down on the same side is a decent Jim Jum.Sometimes I realy miss the place as I stayed there many times over a four year period.

Hi chaiyapoon, thanks for your input, Pan, {missus} is going to show me these places at the weekend, she tried to explain to me, but you know what its like, as far as i understand at the moment, if i go down Namsom high street with the market on my left and budda/lake temple on my right, get to the big roundabout and turn left for Namsong which is about 5km ?? am i right so far?

• 2 weeks later...

Nam som is my local town,

I have been in the UK for 6 months with the misses, but will be back in a few days :-)

The shop had just opened before I left. It is good to have some where to buy bread and basic falang food.

Every one in nam som, hope to see you soon.