Noisy Karaoke Bar Shutdown

MyFriend You

Finally a success story, an ad hoc Karaoke Bar was set up last week close to our Condo compounds..........Opened on Wednesday, everyone complained to  Management, because it was loud, making noise (I won't call it singing) until 2-3 0'clock in the morning over the weekend - Mgt went to Umpur along with the other Condo Mgrs and complained - Karaoke Bar closed yesterday.  Goes to show you, somtimes the system works.  This is a residential district, not an Entertainment zone, I would say 90% of the 2,000 residents are foreigners.  We shall see if it reopens.

1 minute ago, frank0424 said:

Good story with a good ending but as regards to 90% of the 2000 residents being foreigners, what happened to only 49% of foreigners being allowed the aggregate unit space in a building. Im not being a smarta... about it Cheers

In Pattaya and Bangkok I think they are exempt for that rule.

4 minutes ago, frank0424 said:

Good story with a good ending but as regards to 90% of the 2000 residents being foreigners, what happened to only 49% of foreigners being allowed the aggregate unit space in a building. Im not being a smarta... about it Cheers

I knew it was only 49% Farang ownership. Does that apply to occupants too? If a Thai own a condo room and rents it to a Farang. How does that figure in?

4 minutes ago, AlQaholic said:

Wait until the locals get wind of the fact that a bunch of farang closed down a local business, wait for the rocks coming through yer windows....

Sad mentality, on top of that nonsense.

5 minutes ago, AlQaholic said:

I'm not joking.

LOL...more likely that the offenders have retreated and will come back armed with the loudest speakers ever made, or maybe even just park a high fidelity pick up truck outside for a few hours each night, remember it aint over till the fat lady stops singing!

image.png.3de683e6439cd7bf2ad9b5582baefa0d.png

2 hours ago, frank0424 said:

I did say residents, most are renters not owners.

Edited by TunnelRat69

2 hours ago, frank0424 said:

Ending?  The round 1 bell has rung.

25 minutes ago, TunnelRat69 said:

I did say residents, most are renters not owners.

Condominium act Section 19 par. 5 stipulates Bangkok as exempt, where foreign ownership can exceed 49%. At the end of the act, Pattaya is also declared as an "other local government zone" with equal status as Bangkok.

4 hours ago, Dazinoz said:

So technically you could have 100% farang occupancy.

Well, then, that's the ticket. Come half-way around the world to live in a ghetto of nothing but those like you, because you can no longer do that at home.

4 hours ago, torrzent said:

What are the mathematical probabilities of an entire building filled with geriatric farang teetotallers who are also celibate.....

Not having a Thai woman does not make you celibate; just as not liking karaoke does not make you a teetotaler and neither make you geriatric. Therefore, the probabilities would be better represented if you limited it to an entire building filled with farangs who do not enjoy karaoke noise late at night. 

16 minutes ago, smotherb said:

Not having a Thai woman does not make you celibate; just as not liking karaoke does not make you a teetotaler and neither make you geriatric. Therefore, the probabilities would be better represented if you limited it to an entire building filled with farangs who do not enjoy karaoke noise late at night. 

The thread is about "noisy" karaoke, just as it is not about "not liking karaoke", so your pretzel logic doesn't flow through

Edited by torrzent

1 minute ago, torrzent said:

The thread is about "noisy" karaoke, just as it is not about "not liking karaoke", so your pretzel logic doesn't follow

Gee, did someone twist your pretzel?  Alright, I'll rephrase it. Not having a Thai woman does not make you celibate; just as not liking noisy karaoke does not make you a teetotaler and neither make you geriatric. Therefore, the probabilities would be better represented if you limited it to an entire building filled with farangs who do not enjoy karaoke noise late at night. 

36 minutes ago, smotherb said:

Well, then, that's the ticket. Come half-way around the world to live in a ghetto of nothing but those like you, because you can no longer do that at home.

I live in a house. And if you did live in a condo in my country it would probably predominantly chinese, they are buying the country up.

5 minutes ago, Dazinoz said:

I live in a house. And if you did live in a condo in my country it would probably predominantly chinese, they are buying the country up.

Yeah, it seems that way in many countries. It's been almost 12 years since I was in the States and I have spent most of my adult life outside the States; however, I have never lived anywhere in the States where foreigners were even prevalent. let alone outnumbered Americans. In fact, in several places, my two SEA wives were the only foreign persons in the area. I intend to go back for a visit this spring; let's see if that has changed--at least in the areas I will frequent.