January 10, 20188 yr I own a two year old Toyota Fortuner, that I bought new, with the navigation package. Various changes over the last couple of years in our neck of the woods leave this navigation system wanting. I would think that there should be an easy update process. In looking through previous posts on the subject, it sounds like updates are available, albeit not cheaply. I took my Fortuner in to the dealer today for servicing and asked for an update. After some out of my earshot discussions, the conclusion was that there were no updates available and updates only occur every four years. This makes no sense to me. I own a Garmin watch and a Garmin bicycle computer and in the past six months have gotten map update notifications at least twice for each. Can anyone help? Thank you.
January 10, 20188 yr Remove the factory display, buy one not designed, built, coal fired, and updated by Fred Flintstone. With Bluetooth you can put in updates wirelessly. When they come out. Or install Google Maps into the unit and updates automatically. Four year updates 555
January 10, 20188 yr Author Remove the factory display, buy one not designed, built, coal fired, and updated by Fred Flintstone. With Bluetooth you can put in updates wirelessly. When they come out. Or install Google Maps into the unit and updates automatically. Four year updates 555How would I install Google Maps?Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
January 10, 20188 yr If you buy a head unit that is Android based, any app that you can get on Android you can put into that head unit. That is the beauty of the aftermarket - no wait for the manufacturer to bring out something new. As soon as the market develops it, you can have it. And all the performance measuring tools are also available - acceleration, speed, distance, g-forces ... Android apps - 2.8 million Apple I-Tunes 2.2 million. Just a click away - and most free
January 10, 20188 yr Author I really don’t want to replace the unit, I just want to update periodically. I own a Lexus back in the US and they offer a fairly straightforward method of updating via downloads that I can install myself. I was hoping for something similar here. That does not seem like too much ask. Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect
January 11, 20188 yr You have a choice - update or wait with some old crap that does not do what you want until Toyota decides to do something. And with a 4 year update, as soon as it is installed it will be out of date again.
January 11, 20188 yr I really don’t want to replace the unit, I just want to update periodically. I own a Lexus back in the US and they offer a fairly straightforward method of updating via downloads that I can install myself. I was hoping for something similar here. That does not seem like too much ask. Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect In Thailand way too much to ask...Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
January 11, 20188 yr I had the same problem with my Honda dealer asking for 9000bt to sell me a map update by which they would download it on to a usb flash drive. I then decided to look online and downloaded it myself for free on a brand new 8gb usb flash drive, inserted it in to my navigator display unit, followed the prompts, and it downloaded the update without any problem. I found this page that could be useful for your Toyota : https://toyota.garmin.com/toyota/#getStarted Otherwise have a good search online as i did and you may get lucky.
January 11, 20188 yr Author I had the same problem with my Honda dealer asking for 9000bt to sell me a map update by which they would download it on to a usb flash drive. I then decided to look online and downloaded it myself for free on a brand new 8gb usb flash drive, inserted it in to my navigator display unit, followed the prompts, and it downloaded the update without any problem. I found this page that could be useful for your Toyota :https://toyota.garmin.com/toyota/#getStarted Otherwise have a good search online as i did and you may get lucky.Thank you! I will give the site a try.Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
Create an account or sign in to comment