I want to get business Visa but not work permit. Is it possible?

8 hours ago, JAZZDOG said:

Went to two attorneys, two exactly different answers. I was set up 49%/director and designated as the sole person to sign for the company for obvious reasons. Don't work, don't want WP. One attorney said like you, no problem. Other attorney said huge problem, either have WP or lose control/powers. Which is it?

Depends. If you are signing as a shareholder, you don't need a work permit. If you are signing on behalf of the company as a Director, you need a work permit.

6 hours ago, elviajero said:

Depends. If you are signing as a shareholder, you don't need a work permit. If you are signing on behalf of the company as a Director, you need a work permit.

the bottom line is that thai laws are designed to keep foreigners/ residents  with less rights. even a property can't be properly under your name, no mattar what the lawyers tell you. unlike in the "free world", thai laws are not so definitive and the justice system won't protect investor's right in the moment of truth. your success here depands mostly on your relationships, wisdom, understanding thai culture and of course, sheer luck. in other words, if you obeyed the laws but massed with the wrong people - forget about it.

On 1/18/2018 at 3:39 PM, JAZZDOG said:

Not honest, educated, successful attorneys' that I know from experience over years of working with them that they have my back. Third World attorneys' scare me to death. Literally need to cull through dozens to find one that is marginally qualified.

Spoke with 2 all ready. They both say I have to have work permit. One pointed out that what I am trying to do is an investor visa and the business has to be a BOI company in order to qualify. At the moment I don't have that kind of money....