Pilot Caused Children’s Day Plane Crash: Military

webfact

8 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

post-117870-0-18930500-1438657415_thumb.jpg 

Siamese army unit in Laos in 1893 (a time when the rest of the world already could afford boots for their soldiers)

I think in the Imperial Russian Army around this time, not all soldiers had a pair of boots. Many just walked around in footwraps (Portyanki).

Even with the best of intentions and the fact that such tragedys have also occured abroad, doubt will always persist as the crash took place in Thailand.

But no reason to forget respect, and omit a RIP to the pilot, between all the scarcasm, guys.

Edited by observer90210

I talked with many experienced pilotswho have said, you can screw up a few times and

get away with it, but when you are flying to the aircrafts limits, you better not mess up or

it is all over. This may have been a very experienced pilot, but it is possible he pushed the

jet beyond its limits and couldn't recover or eject in time. Just my thoughts.

Geezer

On 11-1-2018 at 6:43 PM, SupermarineS6B said:

Yep, un-coordinated control.........  Otherwise known as lack of experience.....

Scratch, scratch (my nails on my skull): the pilot who lost his life, RIP, was the Thai Gripen squadron leader, and the chief-instructor on that plane, so, when you would be right, how good would the ones be, who noisily, disturbingly, as if there's no other place for their training, or do they really think the locals and tourists are fans of their  s..t stuff...?) circling above our heads in Samui and Koh Pha Ngan?

Kids (the brains of I mean) playing with dangerous toys (for mature, trained, responsible adults) it is IMO at that Suratthani airbase, ...and everywhere else in the LoS' military I'm afraid!

Im confused, why would they find it necessary to release this report on the anniversary of this pilots death, ?  His grieving family must be feeling as though there is salt being rubbed in.

18 hours ago, bangrak said:

Scratch, scratch (my nails on my skull): the pilot who lost his life, RIP, was the Thai Gripen squadron leader, and the chief-instructor on that plane, so, when you would be right, how good would the ones be, who noisily, disturbingly, as if there's no other place for their training, or do they really think the locals and tourists are fans of their  s..t stuff...?) circling above our heads in Samui and Koh Pha Ngan?

Kids (the brains of I mean) playing with dangerous toys (for mature, trained, responsible adults) it is IMO at that Suratthani airbase, ...and everywhere else in the LoS' military I'm afraid!

Watch the video, it's best to keep the pointy end of the aircraft facing forward whilst conventionally flying, especially at higher speeds, having it 90 degrees off the plane of flight will usually end in disaster, it's not flying as we've all witnessed by the video.... Pilot ? control malfunction ?  But the end of the day, why didn't he pop the cork and bale out ?  Seen loads of Russians do it and a damn site closer to the ground......... RIP, SOL...... S-- outta luck......

2 hours ago, DM07 said:

Let's address the other elephant in the room here: children's day = excessive show of military power... 

Do you really think it's a show of military power or an opportunity for kids to witness something a little more exciting than a boring ineffective class room,  stupid brainless Thai TV, and a chance to spend a bit of quality time with parents (that's the lucky kids). I took my son to the air force base in Phitsanulok a few years back and he loved every minute of it and not once did he think it was other than what it was, a kids day to see planes, tanks etc. 

21 hours ago, SupermarineS6B said:

But the end of the day, why didn't he pop the cork and bale out ?  Seen loads of Russians do it and a damn site closer to the ground......... RIP, SOL...... S-- outta luck......

anyone know if the gripen ejection module will self correct vertical seeking and away from the jet if ejected while inverted?

22 hours ago, Artisi said:

Do you really think it's a show of military power or an opportunity for kids to witness something a little more exciting than a boring ineffective class room,  stupid brainless Thai TV, and a chance to spend a bit of quality time with parents (that's the lucky kids). I took my son to the air force base in Phitsanulok a few years back and he loved every minute of it and not once did he think it was other than what it was, a kids day to see planes, tanks etc. 

Because there is either boring Thai- TV OR the exciting military!

Go back to bed!

On 1/11/2018 at 12:14 PM, colinneil said:

Easy lets blame the pilot who is unable to defend himself.

Could not be lack of maintenance/poor maintenance, bloody cowards.

............. or he did in fact make an error.

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 5:32 AM, Misterwhisper said:

Hi-tech military equipment that requires expertise maintenance should be kept out of reach of the antiquated Thai armed forces anyway. Let them play with things they're more familiar with: swords, spears, armored elephants, muzzle-loading muskets and the like.

post-117870-0-18930500-1438657415_thumb.jpg Siamese army unit in Laos in 1893 (a time when the rest of the world already could afford boots for their soldiers)

And flip flopps.

On 1/13/2018 at 5:10 PM, DM07 said:

Let's address the other elephant in the room here: children's day = excessive show of military power... 

when i was a kid it was great to go to such shows even if they were not flying. go in the fighter cockpit and military would answer all your question. so much curiosity. thing is i dont know if the average thai kid has that level of curiosity