Web Page keeps reappearing

newatthis

Hi all,

My laptop has gone haywire.

It's taken me about 6 attempts to get this page open. Whenever I try to open a particular page, another web page [in this case Lazada] would open up out of the blue. Now I like shopping on Lazada but having 4 pages for a Spin Bucket open up is quite annoying.

Can someone please explain simply to me how to stop this happening before I take my laptop down to the garden and put the hoe through it.

Thank you

Sounds like your current Internet Browser has been hijacked by malware. Suggest you use a different Internet Browser to download and run several Malware scanners, for Windows PC suggest:

ADWcleaner

Malwarebytes

Zemana AntiMalware

Suggest downloading and installing current versions when needed, uninstall when finished using them. Other posters may add additional scan detection utilities to this list as a broad spectrum approach to detection and cleaning malware infections.

Recently had similar issues with Google.

Tried everything to stop the unwanted page/s showing up.

Sometimes Google wouldn't even continue a search.

Deleted Google completely including Google Earth etc. didn't make any difference.

Turns out that it happens when using certain VPN's, in this case The Netherlands.

Using other browsers no problem and can't see why I should change my VPN just for Google.

Good luck sorting out your issues.

14 hours ago, Speedo1968 said:

Recently had similar issues with Google.

Tried everything to stop the unwanted page/s showing up.

Sometimes Google wouldn't even continue a search.

Deleted Google completely including Google Earth etc. didn't make any difference.

Turns out that it happens when using certain VPN's, in this case The Netherlands.

Using other browsers no problem and can't see why I should change my VPN just for Google.

Good luck sorting out your issues.

If a rouge VPN is hijacking to advertise on Chrome (which is the browser from Google) who knows what it may be doing on another browser.   I would not touch that VPN with a barge-pole.  

On 1/12/2018 at 6:07 PM, RichCor said:

Sounds like your current Internet Browser has been hijacked by malware. Suggest you use a different Internet Browser to download and run several Malware scanners, for Windows PC suggest:

ADWcleaner

Malwarebytes

Zemana AntiMalware

Suggest downloading and installing current versions when needed, uninstall when finished using them. Other posters may add additional scan detection utilities to this list as a broad spectrum approach to detection and cleaning malware infections.

Sorry for late reply. Full weekend gardening. Tried Zemana this morning, it recognized adware but couldn't remove it. So downloaded Hitman Pro. It recognized  2 malware and heaps of cookies etc. It cleaned them all up so I'll see how it goes.

Thanks again for your help.

18 hours ago, worgeordie said:

You could also install Hitman Pro Alert,could prevent problems

next time,with adware infecting your browser.what AntiVirus are

you using now ?

regards Worgeordie

Good morning,

I've been using 360 Total Security for the last 2 years.