Cries go unheeded as pretty Soi Cowboy waitress found strangled and battered in nearby building

webfact

9 minutes ago, SupermarineS6B said:

Years ago i dragged a man down soi cowboy to get him away from a load of Thais that were going to kill him ( And that's happened down there by the way) i chucked him in a taxi, got him away and waited for my reward, namely his kicking.... luckilly the individuals just laughed and it was wais all round, but imagine if they hadn't been so friendly ?   

Hadn't been so friendly, or not drunk enough to do something stupid? It's often alcohol that makes people do stupid things. On both sides, Thais and foreigners. 

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

Hadn't been so friendly, or not drunk enough to do something stupid? It's often alcohol that makes people do stupid things. On both sides, Thais and foreigners. 

What is the old saying " If you dont have any alcohol you are  a lover If you drinks lots you are a hater"

1710870.png

On 1/12/2018 at 12:57 PM, chrisinth said:

For all those blaming this incident not being reported, I would like to ask for your honesty.

What would you do if you heard a domestic argument? This is obviously assuming that you can't differentiate between a domestic and a murder, which most people wouldn't be able to.

In all the years I have been here, and all the arguing I have heard, I will be honest that I have never interfered and if I didn't actually see what was going on, I would have no intention of ever doing so. Same would apply in my home country. 

Too many people like to think they would do what is probably morally correct in a situation until that situation happens and they end up doing nothing. Easier to blame everyone else for not doing something than being truthful with yourselves. 

Very good question.

I have intervened myself a few times, but while I was intervening everybody else was looking on. And I was just arriving at the scene, others had been on scene already for some time. And the onlookers were from all genders, and skin colours.

20 years ago I saw a beach vendor on soi 13 kicking a dog,i asked him in thai ''why was he kicking this dog'',he walked over and kicked the dog again so hard he injured the dogs hind leg,and the dog limped away...even to this day he glares at me,when I pass by...The ever fragile thai male ego,  from zero - rage ,in under 10 seconds...

22 hours ago, idannyb said:

I did report the incident to hotel security the next day ... but I'm sure they laughed it off albeit not to my face.

You should have at least went to reception and reported the incident same time you heard something. 

22 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

and if one of those people had a gun and shot you?

My wife wouldn't let me even hoot the horn at a car that cut us off as she feared me being shot for it.

I really not think so much of possible consequencies - otherwise I have to stay home and never leave the house - many things could happen when I leave. Lol :shock1::smile:

I also not let my Thai Gf's tell me what I shall do or not - 

At least I not follow their advice often - they absolutely do not know enough from everything. :post-4641-1156693976:

18 hours ago, SupermarineS6B said:

I can remember a few years ago when a young English lad tried to warn a Thai Policeman from making advances to his wife, the Policeman shot the young lad, then ran the wife down with a pick up........ Look it up..... Kanchanaburi...... i believe he's roaming wild and free at this very moment..... morals and righteousness can get you killed ..........

18 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I'm not suggesting we should be prepared to sacrifice ourselves for another, but that this woman screams were heard and ignored is disappointingly telling of modern society and attitudes. 

As we age, modernise we all become a little tainted by the lowest common denominator and lose a little of our humanity along the way. 

As far as I remember - it was no soldier but a Thai Policeman who killed the Falang and hurt the Falang woman. 

Authorities in Thailand have more rights. :sad:

Horrific that this happened on my soi.

Unforgivable that her screams for help went unheeded.

Shameful but all-too-predictable that some posters decided to use the tragedy as an opportunity to bitch up Thailand and its people

as if similar incidents don't occur in the perfect little Utopias they couldn't get away from fast enough to pitch a tent here.

6 minutes ago, Thai Ron said:

Horrific that this happened on my soi.

Unforgivable that her screams for help went unheeded.

Shameful but all-too-predictable that some posters decided to use the tragedy as an opportunity to bitch up Thailand and its people

as if similar incidents don't occur in the perfect little Utopias they couldn't get away from fast enough to pitch a tent here.

Yes they are small minded disgusting creatures. I wonder where they are from and what damaged them and if they have ever actually been to Thailand?

So many Thai haters in this forum, it makes me wonder why you are here. Maybe you would be better of in your "superior" home country. The phenomenon of bystanders not intervening is not just a Thai problem. It happens everywhere, including in your "superior" home country. And yes, I have had the courage to intervene in violent situations, but not everyone does. 

On 13/01/2018 at 1:31 PM, The manic said:

She  was alone in a deserted building. Dont make excuses for cowardice.  Intervention by a group of people could have stopped this. Intervention does not mean a fist fight. An intervention could have stopped this girl being murdered.  Its called doing the right thing. Just by shouting from a distance, videoing the situation, or slowing the assault down, without heroics, can save a life.

Of course, I agree with you, if only someone had intervened or called Police or something. I made my comment as I have been warned by other farangs not to do anything here in Pattaya. I am now 67 and realistically no match for younger men.