Mexico will never pay for Trump wall: Mexican economy minister

webfact

7 minutes ago, The manic said:

They will not pay voluntarily but they will pay one way or another. 

No they won't. 

Also the mythical "Great Wall of trump" will never even be built in the first place so there won't be all that much for Mexico NOT to pay for.

All that will happen, and it should happen, is some repairs and replacements of existing walls and fences, some new fences, and better electronic surveillance on other areas. 

Mexico will probably be better off in the long run getting closer to China though like much of the world in the wake of trump's irrational isolationism and voluntary withdrawal from global leadership. 

Edited by Jingthing

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

No they won't. 

Also the mythical "Great Wall of trump" will never even be built in the first place so there won't be all that much for Mexico NOT to pay for.

All that will happen, and it should happen, is some repairs and replacements of existing walls and fences, some new fences, and better electronic surveillance on other areas. 

Mexico will probably be better off in the long run getting closer to China though like much of the world in the wake of trump's irrational isolationism and voluntary withdrawal from global leadership. 

But, it looks like Trump is willing to shut down the US government if he doesn't get funding, 18 billion dollars, for the "mystical wall" attached to the DACA bill this week before the deadline  of the 19th.  It's only to keep a campaign promise to his base and he'll blame it on the Dems.  He'll be smiling about it the whole time because all of those "shitholers" currently on welfare, Social Security, and other government assistance programs won't get paid until it re-opens.  I guess I'm one of them as my grandparents immigrated from Sweden and the UK after WWII.