Want to start trading cryptocurrency but how?

guzzi850m2

On 1/15/2018 at 2:48 PM, guzzi850m2 said:

I just ordered a Ledger Nano.

Had to order one from Amazon as the original retailer are sold out of them until end March.

be carefull ordering from Amazon, there is a lot of scams now with ledgers that are initialized with a passphrase and shipped. Never buy hardware ledger from 3rd parties.

One guy lost all his savings (35,000 USD) because he got a ledger nano S from EBAY:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brfsa2 said:

be carefull ordering from Amazon, there is a lot of scams now with ledgers that are initialized with a passphrase and shipped. Never buy hardware ledger from 3rd parties.

One guy lost all his savings (35,000 USD) because he got a ledger nano S from EBAY:

Thanks for the heads up, I better check that recovery card very carefully when I receive it.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, guzzi850m2 said:

Thanks for the heads up, I better check that recovery card very carefully when I receive it.

You generate the recovery words yourself with the device 

If the recovery words are already generated on a scratch card, that's how you know you have a compromised one and you should probably  return  it for a refund and report the seller 

• Like 1

If you've already invested some money, you basically have 2 choices, one dictated by fear, the other one by hope.

Fear, you'll sell at a loss now, because you worry you will lose everything.

Hope, you'll hold on to your coins and wait for their value to go back up.

I will hold and see what happens.

1 hour ago, oby said:

BITCOINS - explained in simple logic !!!!!!!!!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ A lot of monkeys lived near a village.??????One day a merchant came to the village to buy these monkeys!??????

He announced that he will buy the monkeys @ $100 each. ??

The villagers thought that this man is mad.?

They thought how can somebody buy stray monkeys at $100 each??

Still, some people caught some monkeys and gave it to this merchant and he gave $100 for each monkey. ?

This news spread like wildfire and people caught monkeys and sold it to the merchant

After a few days, the merchant announced that he will buy monkeys @ 200 each. ???

The lazy villagers also ran around to catch the remaining monkeys!??????

They sold the remaining monkeys @ 200 each.?

Then the merchant announced that he will buy monkeys @ 500 each!

??????

The villagers start to lose sleep! ... They caught six or seven monkeys, which was all that was left and got 500 each.???????

The villagers were waiting anxiously for the next announcement.?

Then the merchant announced that he is going home for a week.  And when he returns, he will buy monkeys @ 1000 each!???????????

He asked his employee to take care of the monkeys he bought.  He was alone taking care of all the monkeys in a cage.????????????????????????????????????????????????

The merchant went home.?

The villagers were very sad as there were no more monkeys left for them to sell it at $1000 each.??

Then the employee told them that he will sell some monkeys @ 700 each secretly. ?

This news spread like fire.  Since the merchant buys monkey @ 1000 each, there is a 300 profit for each monkey.?

The next day, villagers made a queue near the monkey cage.??????????????????

The employee sold all the monkeys at 700 each.  The rich bought monkeys in big lots.  The poor borrowed money from money lenders and also bought monkeys!

????????????????????

The villagers took care of their monkeys & waited for the merchant to return. ?

But nobody came! ...? Then they ran to the employee...?

But he has already left too !?

The villagers then realized that they have bought the useless stray monkeys @ 700 each and unable to sell them! ??????????

The Bitcoin will be the next monkey business

I wouldn't go that far, but IMHO if I was anyone thinking of buying, I'd wait for the price to drop a bit/lot more first and monitor the news until everyone stops putting the boot into crypto. 

I sold all my alts and half my Bitcoin this lunchtime for 13000k making a small profit. I won't re-enter the fray until the value drops somewhat and we get a run of good news about crypto in general. There are a lot of rich and powerful people worldwide who'd like to see its demise.

27 minutes ago, jesimps said:

There are a lot of rich and powerful people worldwide who'd like to see its demise.

Yes, this is one of my main issues with crypto. Unless I'm mistaken the fundamental purpose of crypto currencies is to take the power/control away from banks and governments.  Not only are they up against very powerful forces, but the lack of central control and regulation surely opens it up to criminal activity and unpredictable disasters, for example I read the following:

GBL, a Chinese bitcoin trading platform, suddenly shut down on October 26, 2013. Subscribers, unable to log in, lost up to $5 million worth of bitcoin.

In February 2014, cryptocurrency made headlines due to the world's largest bitcoin exchange Mt.Gox declaring bankruptcy. The company stated that it had lost nearly $473 million of their customer's bitcoins likely due to theft. This was equivalent to approximately 750,000 bitcoins, or about 7% of all the bitcoins in existence. Due to this crisis, among other news, the price of a bitcoin fell from a high of about $1,160 in December to under $400 in February.

On 1/16/2018 at 9:04 PM, how241 said:

Anyone have any thoughts on the recent sell-off...Things have been mostly down for the last few days and now down even more...Any ideas ?

Well I got back in yesterday as, luckily, 75% of my portfolio was cash. It dived even more as the day worn on but I'm now 'all in' and it's a waiting game. Keep Calm and Don't Panic lol.  

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, guzzi850m2 said:

I am not in yet and will wait for now ans see how the wind blows.

Now the 1000 bitcoin question: when will the cryptos market go into bull market again? 

Maybe it started this morning or could it be due to a new exchange opened in the Middle East and their monies are pumping the price up again.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, guzzi850m2 said:

I am not in yet and will wait for now ans see how the wind blows.

Now the 1000 bitcoin question: when will the cryptos market go into bull market again? 

You are missing the boat... yesterday was THE day and now it's turned back?  Ripple up $1.00 to $1.46

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,  does anyone know where I could buy a bitcoin wallet in Pattaya ?  I recently read a story about a man who lost all his coins after buying a wallet off ebay so I was looking  to buy from a local, larger, safe retailer,  maybe at the mall or Powerbuy,  Big-C ? 

I do  Not want to order from Lazada or AliExpress for the above reasons. Thanks for any help.

On 16/01/2018 at 9:04 PM, how241 said:

Anyone have any thoughts on the recent sell-off...Things have been mostly down for the last few days and now down even more...Any ideas ?

Historically, January has never been a good month

It will reach new all time high by March Id say.... 

1 hour ago, speedtripler said:

Historically, January has never been a good month

It will reach new all time high by March Id say.... 

I hope your right as I jumped in at the end of Dec. 2017,  right at the top...Unfortunately,  that has been my bad luck with most things...I started buying silver a few years ago at 35 and it shortly went to a high of 40  and then crashed to 15-17...It's been down for years and honestly i feel it will never recover...If I ever get back to the USA ,  where the silver is sitting, I will sell it and eat the loss...Then it will rise up again...ha ha ha ...The cyber coins I will give another 6 months before I reconsider...

39 minutes ago, how241 said:

I hope your right as I jumped in at the end of Dec. 2017,  right at the top...Unfortunately,  that has been my bad luck with most things...I started buying silver a few years ago at 35 and it shortly went to a high of 40  and then crashed to 15-17...It's been down for years and honestly i feel it will never recover...If I ever get back to the USA ,  where the silver is sitting, I will sell it and eat the loss...Then it will rise up again...ha ha ha ...The cyber coins I will give another 6 months before I reconsider...

I've  been in since 2011 and I ain't selling

This technology isn't going away any more than the Internet is going away 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, speedtripler said:

I've  been in since 2011 and I ain't selling

This technology isn't going away any more than the Internet is going away 

I think,  this year the coins will go mainstream and a lot of new money will come in...Hard to say when but when that happens it will be soon time to get out...It's impossible to time these things....Good Luck to all....I agree the technology is good but were talking about the price action.

13 minutes ago, how241 said:

I think,  this year the coins will go mainstream and a lot of new money will come in...Hard to say when but when that happens it will be soon time to get out...It's impossible to time these things....Good Luck to all....I agree the technology is good but were talking about the price action.

The most popular coins today will be the amazon, Google, Facebook, uber etc by 2020

People will use them without even thinking about it, but you won't get the same % gains if you wait until 2020 to buy some (but it will be much less volatile and I expect all exchange will have mandatory insurance protection against losing any customers funds so it will be much safer to invest by then but obviously less profitable) 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I hope someone can explain something to me...I am thinking about buying some coins on 'bx'   and transferring them to a 'Trezor'  hardware wallet...I don't understand where the coins or coin info is stored ... They say that if you lose your 'Trezor' wallet to just go and buy another one and use the recovery seed and password to restore your coins...That would indicate to me that the coins and coin info are being stored in the cloud or at the 'Trezor' website or servers...  If so,  then how is that really safe and what is stopping those places from being hacked and you losing everything ???    I am posting this is several threads in the hope of getting more answers. Thanks

Edited by how241

On 1/29/2018 at 6:00 PM, how241 said:

if it goes mainstream you wont need to get out as you will be able to spend them instead

• Like 1

On 2/9/2018 at 2:32 PM, how241 said:

Hello, I hope someone can explain something to me...I am thinking about buying some coins on 'bx'   and transferring them to a 'Trezor'  hardware wallet...I don't understand where the coins or coin info is stored ... They say that if you lose your 'Trezor' wallet to just go and buy another one and use the recovery seed and password to restore your coins...That would indicate to me that the coins and coin info are being stored in the cloud or at the 'Trezor' website or servers...  If so,  then how is that really safe and what is stopping those places from being hacked and you losing everything ???    I am posting this is several threads in the hope of getting more answers. Thanks

So far, I have not received any response from any of the places I posted this.  Does anyone know about this ??  I would appreciate any info even if it is only a guess.  Thanks

Edited by how241