Call for arrest of man who kicked young boy on Children's Day in Bangkok

webfact

Call for arrest of man who kicked young boy on Children's Day

By The Nation

sc.jpg

video screenshot

Angry Facebook users are urging each other to help locate an unidentified man who kicked a young boy on a pavement in Bangkok on Saturday, which was also National Children's Day.

Several people posted furious comments and clues about the man’s identity after a video clip of the incident was posted at 6pm on Sunday by a Facebook user, Chaimongkol Chartnafai.

The clip showed a mother walking down the road with a small boy walking after her when a tall man in white shirt and black trousers suddenly kicked the young boy, sending him to the ground, before walking away without saying a word.

The horrified mother helped the boy up and looked on in disbelief as the man fled the scene.

By 8am on Monday, the clip had been viewed more than 23.65 million times and the post had drawn more than 4,100 reactions and 2,300 comments. It had also been shared over 2,500 times.

The incident happened in front of tyre repair shop near the Lam Salee Intersection, about 700 metres from Hua Mak police station.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30336257

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-01-15

screw lose or yabba. what a horrible ****

** what i do find strange about that video is it's not a dash cam but somebody recording on a phone i think. why was he recording that bit of path when there is basically nothing there and coincidentally that guy kicks over the kid, straight in the face i might add. weird

Edited by Happy enough

53 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

** what i do find strange about that video is it's not a dash cam but somebody recording on a phone i think. why was he recording that bit of path when there is basically nothing there and coincidentally that guy kicks over the kid, straight in the face i might add. weird

I totally agree!!!!!!  Weird coincidence....  hhmmmm

1 hour ago, Happy enough said:

It is from a dashcam - video running on a PC you can see the windows taskbar at the start.  They just videoed the computer screen on a cell phone.

Either way, shocking video.  Hope they catch the scumbag.

11 minutes ago, james512 said:

It is from a dashcam - video running on a PC you can see the windows taskbar at the start.  They just videoed the computer screen on a cell phone.

no watch again, ok it may be a PC but they purposely record the left hand side of the frame (the pavement) before anything happens and then pow, the bloke kicks the kid. think you are missing the point, seems a coincidence (although it may well have been) that they chose to point the camera at the pavement just prior to that happening.

Edited by Happy enough
add point

13 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

no watch again, they move the camera to point at the pavement whether that was a dashcam or not. certainly not something i do with my dash cam. it stays pointing forward. think you are missing the point

errr... the camera didn't turn - they pointed their cell phone at the left side of screen.

6 minutes ago, james512 said:

errr... the camera didn't turn - they pointed their cell phone at the left side of screen.

see my last post which was edited 10 minutes ago. don't you understand the point. i don;t care if it was the dash cam or him recording a screen of the PC, the point is the same

Edited by Happy enough

This is extraordinary. This POS walks along (or the Thai weasel strut, as a mate describes it) and kicks the kid round-house style, then keeps walking (weasel strutting) as if nothing had happened. That's a creature who should never be allowed back on the streets.

think you are missing the point, seems a coincidence (although it may well have been) that they chose to point the camera at the pavement just prior to that happening.

Yeah, I'm missing your point.  The person recording with the cellphone had obviously already watched the dashcam footage, therefore they knew what was coming up.

Horrific assault on a child.  Like i said already, hope they catch the scum. 

see my last post which was edited 10 minutes ago. don't you understand the point. i don;t care if it was the dash cam or him recording a screen of the PC, the point is the same

Sorry Happy but you have read your own point wrong. The point is not the same. It is clear to see that the dash cam video is being played on a computer and that the image is being recorded on a mobile phone and they are recording the pavement on the phone because that is where the incident happened. That video has been viewed and they know exactly where to start the recording to show exactly what happened and even the lead up to it.

2 hours ago, Happy enough said:

no watch again, ok it may be a PC but they purposely record the left hand side of the frame (the pavement) before anything happens and then pow, the bloke kicks the kid. think you are missing the point, seems a coincidence (although it may well have been) that they chose to point the camera at the pavement just prior to that happening.

That's because they had seen it already (why else would they be videoing the dash cam screen?) and they knew which part of the screen to focus on.

At the start of the video the cam is directed straight on to the vehicle in front and that does not change, the camera movement is the camera recording the screen that is moving towards where the incident is going to happen.

3 hours ago, james512 said:

Anybody noticed the man probably is a southpaw?

2 hours ago, hansnl said:

Anybody noticed the man probably is a southpaw?

Don't think so. Southpaws, like me, lead with the right. 

I think he just kicked with the left because it was nearest. The way he walks off seems to indicate intoxication, booze, drugs or both. Strutting away smugly. Shame there wasn't half a dozen motor cycle taxi boys around!

6 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

The way he walks off seems to indicate intoxication, booze, drugs or both.

Possibly played a part, but his composure indicates he's quite in control of himself. He walks a straight line with no deviations and no loss of balance - he looks down at the kid and then launches into a kick without breaking stride or needing to align himself, which again indicates a fair degree of control. And then he struts off, again without deviating from his line. I'd like to know what went through his mind as he glanced down at the kid and then decided in that instant to display his manliness - there doesn't seem to be anything premeditated here, just a spontaneous reaction.