Condo feud as Norwegian and Lao wife claim attack after internet row

webfact

Condo feud as Norwegian and Lao wife claim attack after internet row

1pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

A couple who came to Thailand to rent a condo in South Pattaya long term have gone to police to seek justice in a long running case of assault and trespass.

Clobjorn, 72, a retired soldier in the Norwegian navy and his businesswoman wife Laotian wife Anusorn, who speaks Thai well, rented a condo back in September for 8 months holiday.

In October the Norwegian was cross that the internet was not working and went to the office but got fobbed off.

Later in the day the owner of the apartment building called Chanidapha allegedly burst into their room with a maid and reception person and said to the wife: "Why can't you keep your husband in check?"

The Norwegian was sleeping in the room. He was allegedly attacked with fists by the condo owner causing damage to his ribs that needed hospital treatment.

The couple decided to move out and wanted their deposit back. After the Norwegian went to an office that had a sign on it in Thai saying "Staff Only" he was later countersued for trespass.

The conflict has been unresolved and yesterday the Norwegian and his wife and lawyer - and two soldier friends - went to Pattaya police to try and get justice in the matter.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-01-15

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, isaanbanhou said:

Chuck Norris is 77  and he doesnt need an avatar to make him look strong, avatars need him

Yea but that guy aint no Chuck Norris or this would never have happened.  (did not know Chuck was that old) 

"The couple decided to move out and wanted their deposit back" good luck with that.

Should the soldiers,in uniform, not be in trouble for also going to the Police,

can see the Condo owner,countering with a Police and Army general,check mate.

regards worgeordie

2 hours ago, robblok said:

At 72 what are they going to do use their rollator to beat someone in submission :smile:

Might surprise you to learn that not everyone in their 70's is old and doddery, but I know you love to ridicule the aged. There are probably 72 year olds that could kick your arse.

3 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Might surprise you to learn that not everyone in their 70's is old and doddery, but I know you love to ridicule the aged. There are probably 72 year olds that could kick your arse.

Quite probably.. but i doubt there are many. There are always exceptions. 

I was joking a bit, about taking army buddies with you when complaining about internet. I know your quite sensitive to jokes and quite rude yourself with others. So i won't take offense i know you well. 

1 minute ago, robblok said:

I was joking a bit, about taking army buddies with you when complaining about internet. I know your quite sensitive to jokes and quite rude yourself with others. So i won't take offense i know you well. 

1 minute ago, robblok said:

I just like to expose your continuing dislike for the aged, even though it may be disguised as a joke. Easy to say there wouldn't be many who could kick your arse when you know it will never be put to the test.

20 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I just like to expose your continuing dislike for the aged, even though it may be disguised as a joke. Easy to say there wouldn't be many who could kick your arse when you know it will never be put to the test.

Of course it would not be put to the test as I am non violent.. unlike you i guess. I don't fight i dislike it but if attacked I will defend myself. But its only logical that out of a population of 72 year old people  not many will beat a guy like me. But its also logical that there will be some that are able too. 

5 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

you do know i am talking about his army buddies as in the 2 thai blokes in the photo don;t you? and no, the norwegian doesn't look 72 to me either. must look after himself

I was talking about the Norwegian and the army buddy part i got wrong.. i thought he had some army buddies his age but later realized people were talking about the Thai soldiers.

For sure the guy is looking after himself (i admire that) people should look after themselves it gives a lot better quality of life once one is a bit older. Though it can be a drag to look after yourself (diet restrictions and exercise)

3 hours ago, isaanbanhou said:

Chuck Norris is 77  and he doesnt need an avatar to make him look strong, avatars need him

Yep, agree.  Image of man in pic..., highly likely he'd be in top 2% of most others here his age.   He appears to be in very good health tho certainly looks can be deceiving.    

14 minutes ago, steven100 said:

All this over a non working internet connection .........   he obviously is not a good communicator.  :shock1:

the other thing is nearly every condo i rented in the past did have communal wifi (which i assume is what this is about) but they usually said it's not very good and suggested getting our own inside the condo if we needed a fast connection

2 hours ago, robblok said:

But the fact you are rather free dishing out rude and insensitive comments about older people still stands, whatever you might throw into the discussion.

Once, I hope for you, you might be "an old doddering fart" yourself.

1 minute ago, hansnl said:

But the fact you are rather free dishing out rude and insensitive comments about older people still stands, whatever you might throw into the discussion.

Once, I hope for you, you might be "an old doddering fart" yourself.

I hope to get old, but I hope to do so in good health. The guy in the picture seems to look good for 72. But it seems a lot of people are real sensitive about jokes. Guess they can only make jokes themselves but can't take it. (not referring to you btw)

55 minutes ago, robblok said:

I hope to get old, but I hope to do so in good health. The guy in the picture seems to look good for 72. But it seems a lot of people are real sensitive about jokes. Guess they can only make jokes themselves but can't take it. (not referring to you btw)

Your jokes about the elderly are bordering on malicious as you well know, and have been commented on by others many times over the years. Perhaps if   you reach a ripe old age, you might reflect back on some of your insensitive comments.

Not having a good internet will get most people upset, a good connection is easy to arrange in this country, so why don't hotels and so on arrange it? I bet the connection in the condo offices was good. As for the ageist comments, it's just laughable, everyone is going to be old, so to disparage them is a bit shortsighted. Younger males just seem to be a bunch of lardarse chubbies nowadays with weird markings all over their legs and arms, bunch of entitled softies.It wouldn't be at all surprising if many of them could be easily beaten to a pulp by men in their 60's and 70's who come from a tougher and more resilient and self-reliant generation.

3 hours ago, robblok said:

Of course it would not be put to the test as I am non violent.. unlike you i guess. I don't fight i dislike it but if attacked I will defend myself. But its only logical that out of a population of 72 year old people  not many will beat a guy like me. But its also logical that there will be some that are able too. 

"...a guy like me...".

Jesus, just how bloody wonderful are you?