Condo feud as Norwegian and Lao wife claim attack after internet row

webfact

17 minutes ago, robblok said:

Your sense of humor is certainly not that good.. thinking others don't know Picasso.. come one one has to be real stupid not to recognize that as a joke. 

I didn't say that he didn't know Picasso, I told him to Google Picasso, read my post again.  You'd be surprised what people don't know, you only have to watch some street interviews on Youtube, but you'd have to be pretty stupid to not know that. I don't think you are in any position to be deciding who has a good sense of humour or not,  judging by the lame "jokes" that you come out with, but don't try and divert the real issue, your continuing derogatory ageist comments

Edited by giddyup

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This topic has taken on a new direction. So I will comment in that direction. Personally, I am far from 70. I am only 69 and 2/3 (555) but I feel decades younger and according to many of my Thai friends, look, act and think that way too.

For those who are chronologically, really decades younger, heh guys, enjoy every freaking minute of your youth because you'll soon come to realize that 69 and 2/3 will creep up on you faster than you could possibly imagine. 

And yes, many of us get darned insulted by age related jokes. 

On 15/01/2018 at 10:06 AM, robblok said:

Yea but that guy aint no Chuck Norris or this would never have happened.  (did not know Chuck was that old) 

However it seems he was attacked while in the bed sleeping (typical Thai coward attitude)... There's not much you can do in such a situation even if you're Chuck Norris. 

13 hours ago, neeray said:

This topic has taken on a new direction. So I will comment in that direction. Personally, I am far from 70. I am only 69 and 2/3 (555) but I feel decades younger and according to many of my Thai friends, look, act and think that way too.

For those who are chronologically, really decades younger, heh guys, enjoy every freaking minute of your youth because you'll soon come to realize that 69 and 2/3 will creep up on you faster than you could possibly imagine. 

And yes, many of us get darned insulted by age related jokes. 

Brilliant post! I am age 45 and have already had 15 glorious years in Thailand. Next stop Philippines for I hope the next 35+ years. 

17 hours ago, Italian guy said:

However it seems he was attacked while in the bed sleeping (typical Thai coward attitude)... There's not much you can do in such a situation even if you're Chuck Norris. 

I knew of an old norweigan that got wacked in a similar situation the condo manager got the security guards to hold the norweigans hands down while he punched him in the face.

Well without knowing too much about the facts in this story , if they are renting in a serviced apartment building , the internet never going to be reliable in many of those places.  The Norwegian gentleman probably complained the way he would do in Norway and thought it would get fixed. And when internet was not fixed he probably raised his voice in anger , and we all know how Thais react to that .  You can't win that fight , unless you are willing to go to court and waste a lot of money on lawyers. 

The cheapest and best solution for him is to move out and find a better place.