January 15, 20188 yr I want get a desk made for an odd shape room and have some bespoke elements to it. Found an BK magazine on good companies that do this kind of thing but they look expensive Can anybody recommend any service? Thanks
January 16, 20188 yr Where are you located? In Buriram there are several expat carpenters and at least two furniture makers I have met and seen their finished products. If in Buriram I would certainly met in person with Mr. Ron at ICE furniture in downtown Buriram, not far from the Toyota Sure dealership. Ron is who I pay to repair free standing furniture I foolishly bought elsewhere in 2008.
January 17, 20188 yr Made furniture is likely to be quite expensive. We have had items made by firms on Latphao Road (but that is mainly due to living in area). Many of the furniture stores between Ratchada and Chok Chai 4 Road also make furniture if you ask.
January 17, 20188 yr Author Thanks. I was wondering if there was anything at JJ. There are a lot of stores selling furniture but don't seem to make it to order. I need someone to come in, take some measurements and draw up some rough sketches, show me samples of material etc. my budget for a bespoke shaped desk and some drawers, any idea what that might be? Edited January 17, 20188 yr by LGMV
January 17, 20188 yr My last order was about 3 meter wardrobe for grandchildren in 2006 (9 drawers across bottom) at cost of 28,000 baht.
January 17, 20188 yr Author Thanks, that is probably quite a good price after seeing the prices quoted in BKK magazine. Gives me an idea.
January 17, 20188 yr That price was 12 years ago. Custom furniture making might cost a tad more 12 years later.
Create an account or sign in to comment