import duty on used car

zoza

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 5:55 PM, mike324 said:

Yes you can do that, in fact this is the only legal and safest way of bringing in used cars. Be sure to check the laws again regarding to how long the car has to be under his name before exporting it from UK. I'm not an expert, but I have heard from some grey market dealers who have brought cars in this way, and as well as from friends friend who brought their own cars back. Again, check on how much tax you have to pay too. Given how much cars depreciate nowadays in Thailand, and there is a lot more selection, it may not be that much cheaper / worth the hassle bringing in your own car.

"Given how much cars depreciate nowadays in Thailand..."

Huh? You're suggesting that the prices of used cars in Thailand depreciate a lot?  You need to check used car prices!  

On 1/20/2019 at 10:57 AM, Just Weird said:

"Given how much cars depreciate nowadays in Thailand..."

Huh? You're suggesting that the prices of used cars in Thailand depreciate a lot?  You need to check used car prices!  

Given how many models and how much cars are being assembled in Thailand nowadays, yes used car depreciates at a faster rate compare to say 5-10 years ago when there was less choices. There are some cars such as pick up trucks and certain honda and toyota models that does not depreciate as fast due to high demand.

I bought a 1.5 year old Mercedes E Class with 9000km for 2.4 million, compare to new price at 3.2 million. So if you don't consider that as depreciate a lot, I don't know what is. Yes the car is still expensive compare to the West, but lets not beat a dead horse regarding to the cost of cars here.

324 is spot on, but hes done it,many posters on this topic never have,and most likely ride scooters , not retired, or live in basic accommodation. A BM like mine costs much the same as an Accord in the World, as does a Benz, yet its glued together here, just accept this is no place for Petrol Heads.Just enjoy spending the entitled generations inheritance.:burp:

Archived