treatment for dehydration and drinking too much

pumpjack

woke up this morning to see what looks like 2 scrotums growing under my eyes ,  have been on a bender and my body feels tired and old.

friend told me to go get saline drip into me 1,700 baht, he says it full vitimins and i will feel better immediately.

is this true ?  anyone had it,  seems a little expensive for a few minerals and vitimins.

mybe better to buy berocca as it is full of same stuff ? 

PS, ive just started taking electrolyte packets and will take 1-2 a day until i go home next week

Edited by pumpjack

If you don't work here, or have a hobby to occupy a lot of your time, it's far too easy to fall into a beer/whiskey bottle every day.  

A lot guys around where I live are in their 60s and 70s, and drink EVERY single day.  I tried to keep up for a while ~ just can't do it.   I think some of them have resigned themselves to burning up their cash and their livers until they're both gone.  Already toasted 1 in the past year and I can guess who'll be shoved into the big pizza down at the local wat next.  Won't be long.

Fresh Coconut milk.  I'll not criticise your drinking, as others have done, as it's each to his own. You only live once.

A cup of coconut milk is about 552 calories compared to a cup of coconut water that is only about 46 calories! Coconut milk has many health benefits, as it's a rich source of potassium, manganese, magnesium, folate, calcium and selenium.

Edited by Rally123

woke up this morning to see what looks like 2 scrotums growing under my eyes ,  have been on a bender and my body feels tired and old.

friend told me to go get saline drip into me 1,700 baht, he says it full vitimins and i will feel better immediately.

is this true ?  anyone had it,  seems a little expensive for a few minerals and vitimins.

mybe better to buy berocca as it is full of same stuff ? 

PS, ive just started taking electrolyte packets and will take 1-2 a day until i go home next week

Many many moons ago was in Angeles city when a USA navy ship pulled in. Drank themselves silly and would go back to the ship for a saline bag and were straight back feeling great

That doesn't solve the problem though, just makes it worse.

Try slowly adjusting and start drinking a few hours later each day until you at least reach sundown assuming you are drinking in the morning now.

Sports drinks, such as Gatorade, etc,, or Pedialite, Ensure, (supliments for aged, and infants),,, etc, in bulk,, will help massively to re-hydrate,,, that, some Advil, Tylanol, etc, and back to bed,, Keep them in the fridge,, down some before heading to bed the night of the indescretion,,  and have some next to the bed for morning,, You'll be all ready to go again the following night if that's a concern,,, Also oxygen from some geezer's breathing tube helps,,, lolol.... 

Edited by Adeeos

12 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

no vitamins in a saline I.V. drip.
just drink plenty of water and eat some fresh fruit, oh, and ease off the booze for a while

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I endorse this comment, but with one caveat:

Ease off the booze PERIOD.

16 hours ago, pumpjack said:

the nurse in clinic told me " have many many vitimin & mineral inside "    so who is to be believed or maybe your mistaken 

she was trying to sell it to you i would believe one of these Thais even if they told me the time, i would check.

1 hour ago, catman20 said:

Coconut milk very high in cholesterol right????

Coconut Benefits. While coconuts and coconut liquids are full of saturated fats, not all of it is bad for you. Much of the saturated fat content is lauric acid. This beneficial saturated fat can actually help boost your high-density lipoprotein, the "good" cholesterol that reduces your risk of heart disease.

When lauric acid is converted to monolaurin, it essentially acts like a bacteria-killer. It has the ability to kill a wide range of harmful pathogen hosts in the body, making it an effective way to help treat or prevent infections, viruses, digestive disorders and chronic diseases.

Edited by Rally123

14 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

no vitamins in a saline I.V. drip.
just drink plenty of water and eat some fresh fruit, oh, and ease off the booze for a while

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

My wife collapsed from exhaustion on 2 different occasions. The 2 different hospitals gave her saline drip which also included vitamins/minerals  which is why it was yellow color instead of clear. Loaded with B vitamins which if you take in pill form will make your urine yellow.

Coconut water helps you out. But coconut along the street and drink empty, eat the meat.

If you are not afraid of bad taste then drink also on glass water with one tea spoon salt deluted in it and add some lemon juice and a little sugar.

Above two work quick and result of feeling better is within 1 hour.

Of have headache keep on drinking 3 glasses of room temperature. Add a little lemon juice to it.

Stop drinking alcohol that dehydrates..

Look at your urine it has to be yellow bright color and also not smell.

When you drink too much it is white. In your condition now this it is not a problem because, system can not transport so quick and will let some go.

In about 1 to 2hours all has to feel better if still have in 1 day visit a doctor or so much quicker is you get not progress of feeling better.

The above should make you feel normal in about 1 to 2 hours.

The rest will need more time, eat good food and stop drinking alcohol for 4 to 8 days so your boy can recover.

Take every day one coconut eat the meat and drink the water.

Coconut costs between the 8 and 20 thb in most areas and will be opened for you in the spot.

Tumeric & lots of water.

cleans out the liver & kidneys, which will help clear up the brain.

Gator Aid? No, its full of high frutose corn sugars (makes you fat)

Asprines will clog up the liver so use sparingly....

Alcohal has been a "weapon of sorts" by many nations...a depopulation tool to rid the world of those they don't want. Not attacking all alcohals,, but the cheap junk sold to the "poorer" is a weapon to kill them. Look at in the NE Thailand, cancer/liver diease is the highest, probably in the world. Hospitals around the world are full of cheap alcohal "victims". I use the word "victims" because truth and education are being hidden fom the masses.

There is a forum on Tumeric here somewhere, read it.

One guy wrote ,"Tumeric" seems to work, because after a few days, I feel better and can go out and drink again".

Regardless, notice your limits and stop it before it takes you over.

Or if you live in a bar enviorment, get out to one thats not. They don't "love you" in the bars, they just want your money.

25 minutes ago, welovethailand said:

For some of you smart ones out there..iodine is the main ingredient in electrolytes (besides huge amounts of sugars, salt). What is the best place to get iodine? Not talking about "iodized  REFINED salt". The "refining" process is about taking out the good and putting in bad.

Iodine is not the main ingredient  !!!

It is sodium not iodine!!