Tt&t Maxnet Promotion

goforit

I just found out TT&T MaxNet is running another promotion - free one month service, modem, etc. Last year when I went to subscribe found it there were no lines available for where I live off Hang Dong road.

So I stayed with my CSLoxInfo Web 100 dial up program at 900 baht a month for 120 hours. Fairly reliable service but not very fast obviously.

My question is since MaxNet is now available where I live is it worth getting based on reliablity and typical speed compared to the CSLox dialup? Also, has anyone had any experience regarding the speed difference between 258/128 590 baht, 512/258 790 baht or 1024/512 1,000 baht?

Thanks for your replies.

I just found out TT&T MaxNet is running another promotion - free one month service, modem, etc. Last year when I went to subscribe found it there were no lines available for where I live off Hang Dong road.

So I stayed with my CSLoxInfo Web 100 dial up program at 900 baht a month for 120 hours. Fairly reliable service but not very fast obviously.

My question is since MaxNet is now available where I live is it worth getting based on reliablity and typical speed compared to the CSLox dialup? Also, has anyone had any experience regarding the speed difference between 258/128 590 baht, 512/258 790 baht or 1024/512 1,000 baht?

Thanks for your replies.

I live just off Hang Dong Rd about 12km out of town, have had the Maxnet 258/128 590 baht (620 with tax) connection for around 3 months now and find it to be very reliable and surprisingly fast. No problem with any sites internationally, all spring up as quick as a flash..

Been told that upgrading to 512/258 is waste of time as speed increase is hardly negligable.

Thanks for your replies.

I have had TT&T since February and I am very happy with them. Way less problems than TOT (judging from talking to my friends that have TOT and are down so many times.

I have the 512 service, which seems to be enough for me. My average speed is 360 - 420, when I do my speed tests, which is pretty good. I live in Chiang Dao. (75km outside of Chiang Mai)

The server is having some problem this morning, I see. First I couldn't get on at all and now I seem to be only to be able to reach sites based in Thailand (assuming that thaivisa.com is based in Thailand). I also got on MSN, but can't get into yahoo or google yet.

This is very rare though. Most times, I have uninterupted service with TT&T and I am very happy with them. The longest I was ever down for was about 1 1/2 hours.

Thanks for your replies.

Over the years I have used many different internet providers in Chiangmai, ranging from IP Star (Satellite), to GPRS (cell phone), Dialup (various ISP's) and DSL (Ji-Net and MaxNet). All have about the same uptime/availability - not as good as you'd hope, but still there at least 95% of the time. I have now been on MaxNet for 1.5 years, starting out on the 512/256 plan, and later upgrading to the 1024/512 plan when it was released. All things being equal, it's probably the best deal in Chiangmai (BKK has way more choice however).

As for speed, it's all about how you use the net, and how quickly you want it to happen. If you're just surfing news and doing email you might be happy with 256kbps, but if your torrenting/downloading TV shows and movies you'll want the 1024kbps plan for sure. Either way, you can always upgrade as you go - all it means is that you have to sign a new 6/12-month contract each time you bump it up.

Note that all DSL plans < 8000 Baht/Month have international VOIP speeds capped at 40kbps, so there won't be any real difference between plans with services such as Skype etc. That said, Skype's swarming technology helps get around the cap a bit, but it's still slower than it ought to be.