Phnom Penh looks to medical tourism

geovalin

Two high-powered developers in Cambodia are partnering with a Bangkok-based health care consultancy to establish a high-quality medical centre in Phnom Penh in the hopes of establishing the capital as a medical tourism destination.

Singapore Medical Center (SGMC), a Cambodia-based company owned by Sear Rithy and his business partner Tan Teck Kee, has partnered with Bangkok-based health care management company AJT Holdings to launch a medical centre inside Phnom Penh’s luxury condominium complex The Bridge.

The Bridge, a $300 million mixed-use project started in mid-2014, is a joint development project between Worldbridge Land – run by Rithy and Tan – and Singapore-based Oxley Holdings.

Read more http://www.phnompenhpost.com/business/phnom-penh-looks-medical-tourism

phnom_penh_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phenom Pen Post 17/01

cambodia does has some quite decent dental care available as I have had crowns done and at about 1/2 cost of thailand. I have met a new zealand dentist living and teaching dentistry in cambodia for many many years. one dentist i saw was his former student. dentistry also benefits from an influx of french, japanese and other international dental expertise to teach.

they are still behind the eight ball in general medical/surgical care