Savannakhet Non O Based on Marriage

15 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You have leave the country for a new entry every 90 days

Hey ubonjoe do you know if after leaving the country if one is required to enter another country?As I have been crossing the road in Mukdahan and ducking around the corner at Chong Mek then re-entering Thailand without entering Lao.

8 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Hey ubonjoe do you know if after leaving the country if one is required to enter another country?As I have been crossing the road in Mukdahan and ducking around the corner at Chong Mek then re-entering Thailand without entering Lao.

It is most surprising you got away with this just once, never mind many times. It is not permitted. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Thanks Briggsy,can you show me where it says it's not permitted?

It most definitely is not allowed. I'm very surprised the IO at the border did not notice.

As and when an eagle eyed IO does see it, and possibly the previous times, you will find yourself in all sorts of trouble.

Edited by puchooay
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Thanks Briggsy,can you show me where it says it's not permitted?

I have been doing 90 day border hops for 16 years with a Multi Non O.

What you said is indeed illegal.

The whole point of a border hop (out- back in) is to show a;

stamp out Thailand

stamp in Laos

stamp out Laos

stamp in Thailand.

This shows you have actually left the country.

If you don't have the above stamps in your passport you will end up in deep poo poohs.

2 hours ago, puchooay said:

It most definitely is not allowed. I'm very surprised the IO at the border did not notice.

As and when an eagle eyed IO does see it, and possibly the previous times, you will find yourself in all sorts of trouble.

Thanks puchooay, the some eagle eyed IO's have spotted it and merely say no Lao visa and return my passport at which point I say sorry and go and get one without all sorts of trouble,other than paying 1300 baht and losing a whole page in my passport.

I have searched the English version of the Immigration Act and can find no mention of having to enter another country it only states that one must leave Thailand and that is the law.If the law makes no mention of having to enter another country then those that say it is required are making things up.If you can show me where it says it most definitely is not allowed then I would be most grateful.

As I have about a 70%-80% success rate in doing this I would say that you are correct when you say it is most definitely not allowed about 20%-30% of the time and is most definitely allowed for the other 70%-80% of the time. 

7 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

As I have about a 70%-80% success rate in doing this I would say that you are correct when you say it is most definitely not allowed about 20%-30% of the time and is most definitely allowed for the other 70%-80% of the time. 

There is a world of difference between "most definitely allowed" and "not noticed" or "got away with it".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

I have been doing 90 day border hops for 16 years with a Multi Non O.

What you said is indeed illegal.

The whole point of a border hop (out- back in) is to show a;

stamp out Thailand

stamp in Laos

stamp out Laos

stamp in Thailand.

This shows you have actually left the country.

If you don't have the above stamps in your passport you will end up in deep poo poohs.

I know a lot of people say it is illegal but I won't believe it until I see it written.Have you seen it written in the law?This is what I'm trying to find out.

I'll give you an example of what I mean.In 1990 I returned to Oz after a mountain bike ride through Pakistan and China.Whilst in China I picked up some ganja some of which was found by customs in Oz.So I was duly arrested and charged with importing 2 grams like one cop said to those charging me "you got a big fish there!" Anyway I talked to the legal aid lawyer explained that I had gone through my stuff and to make sure I didn't have anything and that i didn't intend to bring it with me.So the lawyer got out his big thick law books and looked up the law I was charged with and low and behold in BOLD letters was the word INTEND,long story short I told my story to the magistrate and he believed my and let me go and was quite pissed off at the prosecutor for wasting his time.

So this is why I would like to see it written.It won't change that fact that Some IO's will still send me off to get the Lao stamp but if I can get clarification I will be better armed to defend myself.  

11 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

There is a world of difference between "most definitely allowed" and "not noticed" or "got away with it".

Indeed there is Briggsy which is why I'm seeking clarification.The boss IO at Chong Mek worked in Oz for a few years and is very friendly and we usually have a chat when I'm there so I plan to ask him if he can clarify the situation.I was there only last week and got sent to Lao because he was not there when I first went to re-enter but was there after I got my Lao visa stamp,can't help bad timing. 

19 minutes ago, SteveK said:

Mukdahan to Chong Mek is over 200km, how were you getting there?

I'm in Yasothon and the step son is doing another stint in the Ubon mental hospital so I usually time a visit with the misses to see the son and do a visa run.Doing the Lao bridge crossing usually takes a couple of hours at Muk compared to 20mins at Chong Mex(as one sign calls it).Plus I have a better success rate at Chong Mek.Mukdahan is closer and quicker if I don't have to do the Lao stamp.

I drive there.I'm sure there are buses.

Edited by FarFlungFalang
Add Text

8 minutes ago, Nong Khai Man said:

The Law States " That ONE Has to LEAVE Thailand " Well if One Doesn't ENTER Another Country HOW Would ONE do This ?? I'm Intigued !!

Quite easy you go to the border and go to the exit booth then the IO stamps your passport and you take your passport and continue past the booth,you have now left Thailand and are in fact in what is known as "no mans land"I simply cross the road or go around the corner to the Thailand entry booth and as I have a valid NON O visa I usually(not always) get stamped into Thailand.Takes less than ten minutes. 

Edited by FarFlungFalang

I'm going to Chong Mek in 2 days. Don't have the balls to try it though, will buy my Laos visa and use it for all of 30 seconds whilst I have a sip of water then go back to Thailand. I was always under the impression that if you got caught doing something like then you could end up having trouble at immigration for years afterwards.

Edited by SteveK

24 minutes ago, SteveK said:

I'm going to Chong Mek in 2 days. Don't have the balls to try it though, will buy my Laos visa and use it for all of 30 seconds whilst I have a sip of water then go back to Thailand. I was always under the impression that if you got caught doing something like then you could end up having trouble at immigration for years afterwards.

The way I approach it is at Chong Mek I just make a "wrong turn" before going down the tunnel and if/when they notice no Lao visa I just look lost and say go Lao first and say sorry.I now prefer Chong Mek as I can do some cheap shopping and even the Lao visa is 1300 Baht compared to 1500 Baht at Muk.

As to getting into trouble I'm not the one stamping the passport I also take the approach the it is up to the IO to decide how to interpret the law not me.I take advantage the differing interpretations and try to make the whole process as seamless as possible.If the IO's don't know the laws how am I supposed to know them.That's why I'm asking for ubonjoe's help or anyone that actually knows the law regarding this and no one has been able to show me where it says I have to enter another country,I will be asking the boss at Chong Mek next time if he can make inquires and help me "know the law".  

Edited by FarFlungFalang
Add Text
  • Like 1

I am certain that this will not be under immigration law, it will be covered by the unpublished bilateral agreements that Thailand has with its neighbours and also, perhaps, in some wider convention dealing with countries that have land borders. 

19 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

I am certain that this will not be under immigration law, it will be covered by the unpublished bilateral agreements that Thailand has with its neighbours and also, perhaps, in some wider convention dealing with countries that have land borders. 

I have suspected that such is the case.If it is indeed an unpublished agreement then that would prove difficult to prove that such an agreement existed as it is unpublished and exactly whom made the agreement and how would anybody know what the agreement was without consulting those that made the agreement and even if you could find those that made the agreement how could anybody be certain they remember what the agreement was exactly?

If it is in some wider convention dealing with this issue then I would again like to see it so as to clarify the situation as it is my intention to know so as to not intentionally be in breech of any rules regarding this situation.

It would be my guess that no such convention exists,as it may never have occurred to people authoring such conventions that this situation may arise.In any event I will continue with my endeavour(the good ship?)to pursue this.Hopefully ubonjoe will be able to shed some light on the subject. 

11 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You could get a single entry non-o visa and then extend the 90 day entry from one year based upon marriage at a immigration office.

A multiple entry visa allows unlimited 90 day entries for a one year from the date it is issued You have leave the country for a new entry every 90 days unless you apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife. It is possible to get 15 months for the visa by getting a new 90 day entry just before it expires. It would be 17 months if you applied for the 60 day extension of that entry.

Thanks kindly for the response.

I am currently on my year extension based o marriage when I got my visS and Hong Kong and extended in Chiang mai. Soon I will apply for another year, but am short on cash so I was looking for a way out. My understanding is that I will either have to change my visa or do the 90 day runs thing, wHich seems time consuming and overall more expensive. If anyone knows of a third option, for a marriage extension without the cash, please let me know.

9 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Quite easy you go to the border and go to the exit booth then the IO stamps your passport and you take your passport and continue past the booth,you have now left Thailand and are in fact in what is known as "no mans land"I simply cross the road or go around the corner to the Thailand entry booth and as I have a valid NON O visa I usually(not always) get stamped into Thailand.Takes less than ten minutes. 

Try that at a proper border crossing like Nong Khai and see how far you get.

10 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Thanks puchooay, the some eagle eyed IO's have spotted it and merely say no Lao visa and return my passport at which point I say sorry and go and get one without all sorts of trouble,other than paying 1300 baht and losing a whole page in my passport.

I have searched the English version of the Immigration Act and can find no mention of having to enter another country it only states that one must leave Thailand and that is the law.If the law makes no mention of having to enter another country then those that say it is required are making things up.If you can show me where it says it most definitely is not allowed then I would be most grateful.

Whatever.

I don't care if you stay here another 20 years or you get thrown out next week.

I'm just telling you, you have NOT LEFT THAILAND IF YOU HAVE NOT ENTERED ANOTHER BORDERING COUNTRY.

You will be found out one day, and only you will have to suffer the shItstorm.

Best of luck.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2018 at 4:34 PM, leeedwards said:

Just done it. Need

5000baht

2 photos

copy of your passport Id page(signed)

signed copies (wife too) of

marriage certificates ( both parts)

wifes id( wife’s signature)

house blue book.(wife’s signature)

Original  marriage certificate ( colour one, they just look at it and give it back to you) (both signatures)

download application form and fill it in before u go. 

same for Laos visa 1500 baht. 

What is the non O ME marriage visa form number to download ?

37 minutes ago, Inderpland said:

Just to confirm I cannot get an online visa for Laos when going to Savannakhet from Mukdahan, I still have to fill out the paper form at the border?

You have to get the standard visa on arrival there. The only crossing accepting the online visa is at Vientiane.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys and gurus.

I've "lost" the original marriage certificate, but have original kor ror 2 document from Amphoe, dated 10 July 2019 (can get new one before applying for visa).
Can I use it instead of original marriage certificate at Savannakhet?

I do have a signed copy of wife's ID and house book, and signed copy of marriage certificate.

Edited by Tim K

11 hours ago, Tim K said:

I do have a signed copy of wife's ID and house book, and signed copy of marriage certificate.

If you have a copy of your marriage certificate you go to a Amophoe to have a certified copy of it done. The Amphoe will attach a copy of the Kor Ror 2 to it and stamp it as a certified copy.