Grand Prix will generate Bt1 billion for Thailand

rooster59

On 20/1/2561 at 2:16 PM, sandrabbit said:

might be worth a visit for the testing next month, is it a public event?.

yes, entry 1.000 Baht for 3 days from 16.2 - 18.2.  some rooms at www.tripadvisor.com still available 

• 3 weeks later...

I think it is great for Thailand.

Brilliant news.

Its difficult for most Thais to travel independently overseas to see MotoGP races and watch the stars in action.

I took my Father in law and 2 x Brothers to Sepang 2 years ago to watch MotoGP. There is no way that they would made that trip on their own.

Chang circuit is OK, I went to the WSBK round there a couple of years ago.

Location is out of the way for some, but as home is Korat, it is great.

Sadly I won't be going though, working away and my daughters school holidays are not at the same time.

Will be going to Sepang again, hopefully.

Have a good time.........

93 - 46 - 26 - 04 - 99 - 25 - 5 - 9 - 29 - 35 ......

Image result for rossi v marquez

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎19‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 5:46 AM, soihok said:

Well it seems I am going after all.

Tickets purchased in the Marquez stand.

Will be making a trip home from Singapore for the race, riding there from Korat on my 939 Ducati with my brother in law on the R3.

Tickets almost sold out already.

Cheers 

But, why would anyone want to buy a ticket when there's no way to get to the circuit from Bangkok, and no place to stay if you do manage to find it?  Does this mean that all the negative posts have just been a huge case of Thai bashing sour grapes?

Edited by ballpoint

We went to the first Superbike race. Had a great time. Tried to book a hotel for the second year. Told sorry all full. Buying tickets from 7-Eleven was a nightmare also. 

Did manage to get to year two but the whole experience was not the same. Didn't bother after that..

I suspect there are no "available" hotel rooms within miles of Buriram. Although we locals who can drive up there and scout for a small local resort might have a small advantage. Maybe... 

35 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

We went to the first Superbike race. Had a great time. Tried to book a hotel for the second year. Told sorry all full. Buying tickets from 7-Eleven was a nightmare also. 

Did manage to get to year two but the whole experience was not the same. Didn't bother after that..

I suspect there are no "available" hotel rooms within miles of Buriram. Although we locals who can drive up there and scout for a small local resort might have a small advantage. Maybe... 

Pretty much the case. I looked on tripadvisor three weeks ago and every one full no booking available . Im not sure if the moto gp teams have booked them all as part of coming here through government maybe or its the hotels saying that until week before and they will then be asking insane prices. Pretty much same as Singapore for F1 . The hotels I usually stay in around the marina charge three to four times normal price per night over F1 weekend !!