Phuket cyclist, 68, brought back to life at Saphan Hin

rooster59

Phuket cyclist, 68, brought back to life at Saphan Hin 

Eakkapop Thongtub

1516423671_1-org.jpg

Rescue workers administered CPR for more than 10 minutes until Mr Tiann-Sui Nisityotakul's pule returned. Photo: Kusoldharm Foundation rescue workers

PHUKET: A 68-year-old man who collapsed while riding a bicycle at Saphan Hin yesterday evening (Jan 19) was brought back to life by rescue workers who spent 10 minutes administering cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) at the scene.

Kusoldharm rescue workers were called to the public park at about 6pm after receiving a report that a man – later identified as 68-year-old Thai national Tiann-Sui Nisityotakul – had suddenly fallen off his bicycle while cycling around Saphan Hin park.

When rescue workers arrived, Mr Tiann-Sui had stopped breathing.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-cyclist-68-brought-back-to-life-at-saphan-hin-65654.php#JcrClmho1cdbldHw.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-01-20

5 hours ago, maximillian said:

Had to do CPR three time already. Sadly none of them survived.

Success rate can be very low regardless of what all the learn CPR ads etc tell us. If there's an underlying condition causing the initial death then you don't have much chance.

Drowning, electrocution or impact... Then you do have a chance but as you know nothing is guaranteed. You do your best and that's all you can do. 

There must have been a good team to administer CPR for ten minutes.  In training I'm stuffed after a couple of minutes doing a one man procedure. 

Edit add.. My one and only also failed..sad as he was a workmate. 

Edited by tryasimight

5 hours ago, maximillian said:

Had to do CPR three time already. Sadly none of them survived.

They didn't work with you so to speak. When my father had his 2nd heart attack the paramedics worked on him and brought him round but it p1ssed him off, he said he was having a great time where he was.

On 20.1.2018 at 10:03 PM, LivinginKata said:

At least you tried your best. I salute you for your efforts. While I know the mechanics of CPR from my offshore time I never needed to use that knowledge.

On 20.1.2018 at 9:18 PM, soalbundy said:

They didn't work with you so to speak. When my father had his 2nd heart attack the paramedics worked on him and brought him round but it p1ssed him off, he said he was having a great time where he was.

Yes, they didn't work with me...

Two of them were already without pulse and oxygen for  too long already and most probably dead when I got involved. The 3rd was an old lady when I did the CPR on her for more than an hour until the paramedics arrived. They continued CPR on the way to an hospital. Later that day she was pronounced dead. Felt awfully sorry for her as she was such a very fine old lady.

That time, as an airliner, I had a first aid training every year. Nowadays, since out of the job for 13 years, I don't feel so confident any more. A continuous first aid training is a good thing.

2 minutes ago, maximillian said:

Yes, they didn't work with me...

Two of them were already without pulse and oxygen for  too long already and most probably dead when I got involved. The 3rd was an old lady when I did the CPR on her for more than an hour until the paramedics arrived. They continued CPR on the way to an hospital. Later that day she was pronounced dead. Felt awfully sorry for her as she was such a very fine old lady.

That time, as an airliner, I had a first aid training every year. Nowadays, since out of the job for 13 years, I don't feel so confident any more. A continuous first aid training is a good thing.

I think that my father must have had an NDE, he didn't talk about it except to say that dying is a good experience and he wasn't afraid of it anymore. The third one got him and I hope he had his good experience again.

On 20.1.2018 at 8:41 PM, tryasimight said:

Success rate can be very low regardless of what all the learn CPR ads etc tell us. If there's an underlying condition causing the initial death then you don't have much chance.

Drowning, electrocution or impact... Then you do have a chance but as you know nothing is guaranteed. You do your best and that's all you can do. 

There must have been a good team to administer CPR for ten minutes.  In training I'm stuffed after a couple of minutes doing a one man procedure. 

Edit add.. My one and only also failed..sad as he was a workmate. 

Yes, one of the three drowned, one was found unconscious in the lavatory with her head on her chest, no pulse, no breathing for who knows how long already. The 3rd was an elderly lady who first complained about feeling drowsy then fainted. So I could start CPR at once. To no avail...

3 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

I think that my father must have had an NDE, he didn't talk about it except to say that dying is a good experience and he wasn't afraid of it anymore. The third one got him and I hope he had his good experience again.

Yep, dying is our last adventure. Maybe a good one, hopefully a pleasant one. I'd like to die without fear. Congrats to your brave dad.

1 minute ago, maximillian said:

Yep, dying is our last adventure. Maybe a good one, hopefully a pleasant one. I'd like to die without fear. Congrats to your brave dad.

I don't think bravery had anything to do with it, rarely can you choose the time of your own departure, my mother said that as he was coming round he tried to push the paramedics away, he was having a good time. We are on the stage but we aren't the actors,we are being played to a script about which we know nothing, sooner or later you are told to leave the stage,your part is over.

16 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Dr Penny Sartori has written a couple of books about NDE's, interesting stuff. Knew her very well, she was a level headed woman.

Over the years in my career, I spoke with many Resuscitation Officers, & often patients who were successfully brought back reported NDE's.

Edited by faraday