Trump will not negotiate on immigration until government reopened

rooster59

57 minutes ago, PattayaAngel said:

You miss the point. He needs the Dem whingers votes and the four were irrelevant and wanted tougher measures.  Dems are blackmailing and although a Bernie supporter myself, and loathe Reps, the Dems are simply wrong on this.  The Bill and 'illegals' are not related issues.

If you are a Bernie fan you may (or may not...) like his take on the government shutdown:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/bernie-sanders-puts-the-blame-for-the-shutdown-on-mitch-mcconnell/article/2646607

http://apr.org/post/bernie-sanders-government-shutdown#stream/0

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is what South Carolina Republican Lindsay Graham said. I notice FOX news has not quoted this. No need for facts to get in  the way of your alternative reality screeds ...

'South Carolina Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham criticized White House staffer Stephen Miller on Sunday, the second day of the federal government shutdown, depicting him as an obstacle to reaching an immigration deal. "As long as Steven Miller is in charge of negotiating immigration we are going nowhere," Graham told reporters. "He's been an outlier for years."'

Oh no. He is blaming it on Trumps WH team. That is good enough reason for FOX to delete it. WooHoo! Go Team Trump

16 hours ago, mikebike said:

Whatever the case it's Trump 1 Dems 0 and it will only embolden the megalomaniac. I really do feel Dems are rudderless verging on the incompetent. They concentrate and fiddle on minority PC issues whilst Rome burns.  

12 minutes ago, PattayaAngel said:

Whatever the case it's Trump 1 Dems 0 and it will only embolden the megalomaniac. I really do feel Dems are rudderless verging on the incompetent. They concentrate and fiddle on minority PC issues whilst Rome burns.  

Is it though?  You could always look at it from the point of view that CHIP should now be sorted (assuming of course that Trump is true to his word and actually signs it), and the GOP have 3 weeks to sort out DACA or are heading for another shutdown within a month. Furthermore the GOP can no longer flog this 'you care more about illegal immigrants than US citizens' dead horse. 

Anyway it surely must be better all round for the country to have a functioning government (of sorts).

1 minute ago, Slip said:

Is it though?  You could always look at it from the point of view that CHIP should now be sorted (assuming of course that Trump is true to his word and actually signs it), and the GOP have 3 weeks to sort out DACA or are heading for another shutdown within a month. Furthermore the GOP can no longer flog this 'you care more about illegal immigrants than US citizens' dead horse. 

Anyway it surely must be better all round for the country to have a functioning government (of sorts).

Yes, I hope the Democrats decide once again to side with illegal aliens over US citizens, shut down the government and hold military paychecks for ransom until they get giveaways to illegal aliens. PLEASE let that happen. Let's all shout about it from the highest mountain.

There's good reason Chuck and Company decided to fold. My guess is it took polling information for them to find out siding with illegal aliens over US citizens isn't very popular. What a shame it took them that long to figure it out.

25 minutes ago, PattayaAngel said:

Democrats, Republicans.... whatever. Let's not split hairs.

25 minutes ago, Slip said:

Well if they try the shutdown again they will be taken less and less seriously. The problem, for the Dems, is that most people will see the "if you don't do this we'll do that' as blackmail if the two issues are unrelated. Here you have a Bill that pays and services stuff for citizens and they won't see why that should be stopped for a political fight over illegals. This was the wrong fight at the wrong time. Next comes that fight in return for Trump Wall. On a larger scale the megalomaniac must be clapping his hands at the Dems lack of a credible leader. Cometh the hour Cometh the man/woman but where are they?  all I see is Dems stuck in a whirlpool of PC mush.

1 hour ago, MajarTheLion said:

Yes, I hope the Democrats decide once again to side with illegal aliens over US citizens, shut down the government and hold military paychecks for ransom until they get giveaways to illegal aliens. PLEASE let that happen. Let's all shout about it from the highest mountain.

There's good reason Chuck and Company decided to fold. My guess is it took polling information for them to find out siding with illegal aliens over US citizens isn't very popular. What a shame it took them that long to figure it out.

Fox News Poll: 83 percent support pathway to citizenship for illegal immigrants

Large majorities of voters favor granting work permits or citizenship to illegal immigrants who were brought to the United States as children, according to the latest Fox News poll.

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival recipients, or Dreamers, who do not apply for renewal in time will lose their status starting in March 2018. President Donald Trump announced Sept. 5 he was ending the Obama-era program giving Congress a six-month window to act on the program.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/09/28/fox-news-poll-83-percent-support-pathway-to-citizenship-for-illegal-immigrants.html