Thailand hosted 1.4 million Indian tourists in 2017

webfact

Thailand hosted 1.4 million Indian tourists in 2017

India ranks among the top five in terms of visitors to Thailand after China, Malaysia, Korea and Laos.

th.jpg

Thailand welcomed over 35.3 million international visitors in 2017, of which 1.4 million were Indians making the country fifth largest source market for the South Asian country.

In 2017, over 1.4 million Indians travelled to Thailand which is over an 18 percent increase from last year, a release issued here has said. India ranks among the top five in terms of visitors to Thailand after China, Malaysia, Korea and Laos.

"This year we will focus on promoting women, family and first-time travellers for the Indian market," Tourism Authority of Thailand Director Soraya Homchuen said.

Full story: http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/world/thailand-hosted-1-4-million-indian-tourists-in-2017-2490507.html

-- Money Control 2018-01-25

52 minutes ago, UnkleMoooose said:

Well that's 200 baht added to the Thai economy then.

Saw six in a Go-Go bar wanting to share three bottles of water and grabbing any passing female.  Mama san insisted on a drink each so three sat outside smoking then they all changed positions half way through the bottle.

37 minutes ago, yogavnture said:

when are thier gonna be decent flights from bkk to india.  crappy times of departure. rotten pricing. and terrible service (thai has good service but crap timing

Flew to and from India a fair few times. My experience: great pricing (2500thb for a 3 hour flight), service more than acceptable and departure times vary. It gets a two thumbs fresh from me. 

9 minutes ago, ZeVonderBearz said:

Flew to and from India a fair few times. My experience: great pricing (2500thb for a 3 hour flight), service more than acceptable and departure times vary. It gets a two thumbs fresh from me. 

2,500 baht?

Is that all it cost?

5 hours ago, mikebell said:

Saw six in a Go-Go bar wanting to share three bottles of water and grabbing any passing female.  Mama san insisted on a drink each so three sat outside smoking then they all changed positions half way through the bottle.

But the girls give them and Arabs big discounts and charge Farang twice the price.  The future of Pattaya is Indian and Arab. Good luck to them.

5 hours ago, Awinkl said:

Hmmm - I wonder how many Bath they have left in the Country???

Too many Tour Buses

Too many Chinese Tourists

Too many Indian Tourists - they all spell DOOM to Pattaya

pattaya's doom is not the tourists fault, it is the 90% thais fault...to all that think the morning chaos is caused by the tourists ''Wrong'',i walk this beach each morning,all the noise and screaming and chaos is caused by the buses ,the  street thais (who just need to be loud) and the poorly organized effort to get the tourists on the boats..yes the Chinese are loud and the Indians are thrifty..but they just follow the flag..so.. don't blame them for pattaya's demise....Blame greedy pattaya...

So if Thailand had 1.4 million Indian tourists coming what is #5 in the list.

Then #4 in the list, Laos must have had more than the 1.4 million, meaning that at least 25% of the population of Laos visited Thailand as a tourist... Does TAT now also count the legal immigrant workers from Laos as tourists or is 25% of the Laos population so <deleted>##ing rich that they go to Thailand on holiday???

What's wrong in this picture ???

So if Thailand had 1.4 million Indian tourists coming what is #5 in the list.

Then #4 in the list, Laos must have had more than the 1.4 million, meaning that at least 25% of the population of Laos visited Thailand as a tourist... Does TAT now also count the legal immigrant workers from Laos as tourists or is 25% of the Laos population so <deleted>##ing rich that they go to Thailand on holiday???

What's wrong in this picture ???

22 minutes ago, Will E Vormer said:

I was getting an oily massage at lunchtime off soi 11 with much complaining about indian tourists "ask outside how much for extra very loud no good!".

Whereas she was very complimentary towards me for asking inside the premises.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

"........oily massage at lunchtime ..."

Extra virgin or corn?