Trump says he is willing to testify under oath in U.S.-Russia probe

webfact

On 1/25/2018 at 12:59 PM, Boon Mee said:

Of course he is willing to testify under oath since he is innocent and has nothing to hide. 

Get this witch hunt over sooner the better. 

You admire him don't you, I bet that when his time comes you will want to buy a piece of the rope as a keep sake.

Yeah, but what if he just rejects the subpoena?  Not sure what the spineless GOP Congress will do.  Trump may be prepared to go where no criminal President has gone before.   
It's possible. Constitutional crisis time. Wouldn't be all that surprising.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

8 hours ago, Berkshire said:

I think Trump's tactic is going to be that he wants to "100%" testify, but his lawyers won't let him.  I hope I'm wrong.  It would be a miracle to get this lying SOB to testify under oath.  But if it happens, Trump will be toast.  There is simply no way this psycho can answer questions without lying.   

Everything that isn't recorded by audio/video - Trump will lie about.  Even some of the things which were recorded, he will lie about, similar to how he tells friends that the Billy Bush (pussy-grabbing) tape is fake.

Trump will only 'be toast' to you and I and the majority of Americans. To his hard core, he can do no wrong, and Republicans control both Houses and the WH, so it's not possible he will be toast until a Democratic majority gets in their seats, one year from now.  Until then, there is no way Trump will get impeached.  Even if there were dead bloody babies on the WH lawn and Trump standing over them with a bloody hatchet, ...Republicans would explain it away ....blame it on HRC or the Wicked Witch of the West Wing, ....or something.

Bring him on.

But I really can't see him testifying voluntarily. 

His lawyers said today it's up to them.

Why would they let him?!?

Opinion: I've watched Trump Testify. It isn't pretty.

Hammered by White and her deputies, Trump ultimately had to admit 30 times that he had lied over the years about all sorts of stuff: how much of a big Manhattan real estate project he owned, the price of one of his golf club memberships, the size of the Trump Organization, his wealth, his speaking fees, how many condos he had sold, his debts and whether he borrowed money from his family to avoid going bankrupt personally. He also lied during the deposition about his business dealings with career criminals.

http://www.sfgate.com/opinion/article/I-ve-watched-Trump-Testify-It-isn-t-pretty-12524982.php

Edited by Jingthing

5 minutes ago, wabothai said:

So one can assume that when he is not under oath he can (and will) lie.

Trump will lie whether or not he's under oath. Lying comes as easily to him as sucking on Diet Cokes.   

If it weren't serious it would be silly - how the so-called leader of the powerful US can't do simple things without his lawyers (and other handlers) orchestrating his every action and utterance.  One of his lawyers even went so far as to lie that he (the lawyer) co-opted Trump's personal Twitter account and wrote something ridiculous (about knowing Flynn lied to the FBI a year ago) in the first-person.  Can the dummies in the Oval Office fathom how ridiculous that looks to the rest of the world?!?

What's next?  If Trump vomits on the WH steps, will one of his lawyers suddenly step forward and wipe vomit on his shirt and say, "No it was me.  I vomitted.  It may have appeared to you that it was Mr. Trump.  But don't be fooled. It was me who vomitted just now.  Believe what I say, not what your eyes and ears tell you happened.  I'm a lawyer, so what I say is what you need to believe."

Trump's own lawyers said Trump should not testify before Mueller as it will expose him to perjury charges.

Lawyers for Donald Trump are confident he was not involved in any collusion with Russia but fear his presidency is in danger because he is “incapable of telling the truth”.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/donald-trumps-lawyers-fear-perjury-more-than-collusion-qhv0tsrcx

10 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Trump's own lawyers said Trump should not testify before Mueller as it will expose him to perjury charges.

Lawyers for Donald Trump are confident he was not involved in any collusion with Russia but fear his presidency is in danger because he is “incapable of telling the truth”.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/donald-trumps-lawyers-fear-perjury-more-than-collusion-qhv0tsrcx

Everything I know about Trump suggests that is true. What doesn't ring true is that his lawyer would say so to a third party who would then pass it on to a fourth party whom is a journalist. Unless he's looking for some appeal defense citing incompetent cousel.

Edited by lannarebirth

On 1/26/2018 at 11:10 PM, wabothai said:

So one can assume that when he is not under oath he can (and will) lie.

He will lie either way.  Oaths mean nothing to Trump.

He took two oaths of marriage, and trashed them both.

He took an oath of office, last year, and trashed that also.

('...uphold the laws of the land' and '...uphold the Constitution'  ....silly shit, in Trump's view).

Stormy Daniels boyfriend (and/or Melania) should step up and kick Trump hard in the nuts with a steel-toed boot.

26 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

He will also lie under oath, the bible will melt under his hand, it is in the nature of the man, he cant do otherwise.

What if, every time Trump lied, a dollop of vile orange syrup would pop out of his mouth.  If that happened, he would leave a trail of orange everywhere he went, and it would cover his shirt and pants.

37 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

What if, every time Trump lied, a dollop of vile orange syrup would pop out of his mouth.  If that happened, he would leave a trail of orange everywhere he went, and it would cover his shirt and pants.

I'd rather his nose got longer. It would easily have reached the Potomac already. Here the bag of pus is at it again:

Another blatant lie