Video: Pick-up collides with motorcycle causing rider to somersault in the air on Bang Na - Trat

webfact

Video: Pick-up collides with motorcycle causing rider to somersault in the air on Bang Na - Trat

3pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

CCTV footage showed a pick-up truck cross three lanes of traffic on the Bang Na - Trat highway yesterday and collide with a motorcycle.

There was a fair amount of fast moving traffic but the pick-up driver would not wait and pushed out causing a car to stop in the center lane.

This may have obscured the sight of the motorcyclist who was clearly not expecting the vehicle to pull in front of him.

The footage was put on the Khon Khao Bang Pakong site on Facebook.

Thai Rath said the pick-up was entering the soi of the Bang Pakong provincial water authority on a section of the highway heading towards Chonburi.

No other details were given.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-01-26

this is how many thai drivers do it, they force other cars/bikes to stop for them when they do not have right of way, they lack patience and dont like to wait. They seem to think they are entitled to do it too, until such time the police actually start to hit these idiots up with big fines etc it will continue, trouble is you have to get the police to do their jobs first

2 much of a <deleted> to go down to the next u-turn and and do it properly, so cuts across three lanes at an angle that is against their flow. Common road behavior in Thailand. 

If there's a short-cut to be taken, no matter how much it endangers lives, you bet most of the Thai are gonna be taking it. 

Edited by metisdead
Vulgar language removed.

46 minutes ago, Colabamumbai said:

The guy who hit me years ago crossed 3 lanes of traffic to hit me not once but twice, then told the cops it was my fault. In this case the cops showed him the marks on his car and my bike, they made him pay me.  Lucky to have survived.

Shows that Thai cops certainly are not always bias. Nice story.

9 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

Well, at least he had a helmet, albeit resting comfortably in his little goody front basket. Probably should have used it, as he's likely got a sore head now, if he survived.

Just another brain dead temporary Thai motorcyclist. Maybe the crash was not his fault but what is the point of being right if you are in hospital or dead.

And the really right/smart thing to do is WEAR A BLOODY HELMET!

On 1/26/2018 at 7:55 AM, webfact said:

but the pick-up driver would not wait

a serious contributor to the low driving IQ here;

thais cannot grasp the value of waiting just a few seconds , so often which would defuse potentially dangerous driving scenarios

14 hours ago, glasswort said:

Spot the motor cyclist wearing a crash helmet!!!!

Just another example of basic rules to cut road deaths which Prayut announced about two months ago telling the cops to get off their ass and fine these people. Guess copper knew it would all blow away as just hot air from Prayut just like his election promise and are still on their ass at the cop station sipping on tea (money) looking out their window watching the world go by whilst checking the time on their expensive watches to make sure they do not miss clock of duty time .

Unlike the car that slowed for the pickup, the motorbike was moving faster than traffic flow and apparently daydreaming at the handlebars. Not defending the pickup driver either. Simply underscoring what it takes to travel defensively on Thai roads.

the classic ''thai bullie style'',as the driver edges(bullies his way) into the lane ,until uncoming traffic has no choice but to either, go around ,slow down, or stop...and let the bullie in...mini vans are famous for this...unfortunately this only works when uncoming traffic sees the bullie...in this case I don't think he did..

Edited by mok199
speliing