Video: Minivan driver with a baseball bat threatens motorcyclist after collision leaves wife on the tarmac

webfact

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, kcpattaya said:

Still no clue why the woman was on the tarmac...
Because the cocky heroes where too busy showing off their manhoods....IDIOTS

Thank you kcpattaya , I was wondering if someone noticed that rather than going on about how unsafe minibuses are.

I don't really see the issue. The guy and his missus got knocked off their bike (we don't know who caused the accident but I'm guessing both). The guy wanted to attack the driver, the driver picked up his bat for protection. Should he have just let the guy beat him up?

Everyone takes different impressions away from such incidents

me?.... I saw the poor woman sitting unattended and forgotten about by all.... the only way that such a thing could happen in my small world is if after the accident, the minivan driver attacked me whilst I was attending to my wife (in which case someone... yes, probably me at my age..... would be a bloody mesh lying prone on the roadside)

hello mr Prayut.... forgetting about indoctrinating kids with Prayut-ism, and try to teach them something about decency and compassion, because leaving that to your religion/ belief of choice, is a total failure!

46 minutes ago, kcpattaya said:

Still no clue why the woman was on the tarmac...
Because the cocky heroes where too busy showing off their manhoods....IDIOTS

24 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

Thank you kcpattaya , I was wondering if someone noticed that rather than going on about how unsafe minibuses are.

Well done.... I stopped reading posts after page one, having noticed the trend to concentrate on the anger/ violence/ revenge side of the issue

This sort of incident will never stop as long as Thailand doesn't have any police force, when they do get one, possibly they can arrest people on seeing video evidence of a crime being perpetrated, Mini van drivers have been out of control for the last 20 years at least, mainly because only they own the roads.   and all other road users are just a pest on the roads    

7 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I travel to Bangkok from Pattaya 3 or 4 times a month and always take a taxi both directions. People often ask me why I don't use minibuses which are much cheaper. Quite simply, it is the number of incidents of poor driving and aggression, such as this that stop me.

i hope to travel to Pattaya in March and wondered about how to get there.    taking a taxi is what i am leaning towards but if there should be an accident, being in a  bus would be safer since buses have so much more mass.    when you travel by taxi, do you feel pretty safe?    do taxi drivers generally drive safely?

i hope to travel to Pattaya in March and wondered about how to get there.    taking a taxi is what i am leaning towards but if there should be an accident, being in a  bus would be safer since buses have so much more mass.    when you travel by taxi, do you feel pretty safe?    do taxi drivers generally drive safely?
If you are willing to pay little bit more, I can recommend you some taxis which I use regularly and some speaks good English. Not all drivers are bad, in fact all are good just a few bad ones out there.

41 minutes ago, 7of9rocks said:

i hope to travel to Pattaya in March and wondered about how to get there.

take a big bus.  cheap, easy and safe.

taxi drivers are usually pretty good, but a taxi isn't going to be safe if it crashes into the crazed mini bus driver going the opposite way.

i've taken a mini bus twice and it was an absolute nightmare both times.  never again.

(make sure you are buying a big bus ticket.  mini buses and big buses go from the same bus stations, and it isn't always clear what you are buying a ticket for)

Edited by richard1977

Waiting for a complaint. That's a new one. So if someone threatens me with a baseball bat and the police see it, they cannot do anything if no one complains. Most of the worlds police forces would be in stitches laughing at that. The video should be sent to all world TV's stations to play it and let the people know the comment that the Thai Police responded with.

1 hour ago, richard1977 said:

take a big bus.  cheap, easy and safe.

taxi drivers are usually pretty good, but a taxi isn't going to be safe if it crashes into the crazed mini bus driver going the opposite way......

yeah, i was thinking along those lines too.     the taxi driver could be an excellent, safe driver and there's no issue there but if some careless driver of another car or truck smashes into the taxi, it'd be bad vs taking those big buses (less likely to be injured since the bus has greater mass)....    YouTube has lots of videos of crashes in Thailand and it's disturbing....      Thanks for the offer Shady.    Another friend has recommended a taxi service that he's been using for years.

1 hour ago, 7of9rocks said:

yeah, i was thinking along those lines too.     the taxi driver could be an excellent, safe driver and there's no issue there but if some careless driver of another car or truck smashes into the taxi, it'd be bad vs taking those big buses (less likely to be injured since the bus has greater mass)....    YouTube has lots of videos of crashes in Thailand and it's disturbing....      Thanks for the offer Shady.    Another friend has recommended a taxi service that he's been using for years.

You worry too much.

If you're traveling from BKK to Pattaya then there is very little chance of a head on collision with anything,

despite what you may read here, as almost all of the journey is on a motorway.

I use a taxi firm that sounds a lot like "Bikes" for 1000 baht they will be at the airport waiting just past

the immigration and customs. Tolls are included in the fare and the half dozen trips I've made, I haven't 

noticed any extraordinary driving by my driver or other road users. The amusingly over loaded pickup

has been occasionally spotted tottering along the inside lane but generally I have felt pretty safe.

The advantage over the cheaper big bus, is that he will take you straight to your hotel, rather than fannying

around on baht busses if it is your 1st visit.