Phuket immigration says do your tm30 everytime u leave an go back

59 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Hi,

Just to be pedantic on this point, you said that a pre-filled TM30 was not an option, but I'd guess that if it was pre-filled with your name as the informant, it would be accepted?

Or do Phuket insist you fill in and sign the TM30 in their presence?

pre fill was a bad choice of words,  u can pre  fill it in. But you need a New form each time ( not just a copy of the pre filled form) and  a new poa as well.  As far as i understand it..
For the one i did for my GF,  2 -5 baht tax stamps were also required..

Edited by phuketrichard

6 hours ago, JackThompson said:

... because they never could have figured out where you lived if your wife hadn't reported you as living with her.  

Glad to hear you were not fined.

Actually they were, indeed, aware that I was living with my wife when I first applied for a retirement extension there way back when, because they handed her a blank TM30 there and then. But, not knowing what to do with it, she promptly binned it!

• Like 1

On ‎28‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 7:47 AM, jphasia said:

Myanmar. But it is 70 days, not 90 days.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Thank you.

Sure good to know Thailand is keeping up with its neighbours immigration laws to be as good as that backward dictatorship... maybe Thailand is impressed with the Myanmar way of doing things... like its human rights.  What a country to aspire to be like indeed.  

7 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Right, I understand now. I didn't actually say that I scanned it.

I said I had a saved copy - I was referring to a copy on my PC - of which I fill in the missing date, etc. in the pdf version of the TM30 on the PC, then my wife signs it.

So it's a form (with details updated) which is printed then signed each time.

The next time, will I update the details of the pdf version of the TM30 on the PC, and print it again.

You could still get your wife to sign a blank TM30 or two, and you fill in the details as necessary.

Both options are legal.

The times I've been into the bank and they've asked me to sign a blank form for them to fill in later (which I refuse to do).

Ha ha, yes would immigration be interested in checking a signature of a form they must see a dozen times every day.

My apologies for missing that.

I use a free program to read and edit PDF files called Nitro reader 5 and it has a snazzy bit that lets you scan a signature and edit it on the form.

7 minutes ago, billd766 said:

My apologies for missing that.

I use a free program to read and edit PDF files called Nitro reader 5 and it has a snazzy bit that lets you scan a signature and edit it on the form.

That's OK. At least we're on the same page now!

Interesting about Nitro 5, I'll look into that. They don't seem do a version for Linux though, I'd have to run Windows to use it.

• 4 months later...
On 1/26/2018 at 11:57 PM, jackdd said:

Something that i posted yesterday, which also matches here:

in case you forgot it, you are not really in a democracy. if the immigration officer will really get angry with you, he or she can just revoke all your visa and kick you the hell out of the country. 

11 hours ago, billd766 said:

But it doesn't happen in every Immigration office across the country.

That's the problem in thailand. your immigration status, hence your investments , and all your future here, are depandant on the mood of this immigration officer or other. a friend of mine who is married to thai , with good business and kids, got a compliment from immigration officer  : " you are superman". MEANING  that he meet all criteria and beyond. 

i told him he should not be happy about such compliment cause it is not proffestional .  next day another officer don't like him and tell him "YOU ARE SPIDERMAN" and than what?

On 6/6/2018 at 5:50 AM, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

That's the problem in thailand. your immigration status, hence your investments , and all your future here, are depandant on the mood of this immigration officer or other. a friend of mine who is married to thai , with good business and kids, got a compliment from immigration officer  : " you are superman". MEANING  that he meet all criteria and beyond. 

i told him he should not be happy about such compliment cause it is not proffestional .  next day another officer don't like him and tell him "YOU ARE SPIDERMAN" and than what?

Why should it worry anyone to get a compliment from an immigration officer? I always have perfectly pleasant conversations with whichever IO I'm dealing with, I could be wrong but I think it tends to make things go more smoothly. I'm not sure why being told you're spiderman would be a bad thing but even if it were, I'm not aware that it would affect your immigration status anyway.

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 1:14 AM, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

if the immigration officer will really get angry with you, he or she can just revoke all your visa and kick you the hell out of the country. 

Did you really hear about even only one such case ? I don't, but hear many stories all looking like false rumours.

If for some reason things turn bad with an Officer, just ask to talk to his superior. They are not the bad guys many try to say, but anyone can have a bad day.

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 11:50 AM, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

That's the problem in Thailand. your immigration status, hence your investments , and all your future here, are dependant on the mood of this immigration officer or other.  //

Again, proof ? link ?

On 1/27/2018 at 9:44 AM, ubonjoe said:

Glad I don't live in Phuket. They seem to be coming up with requirements just to the get money from fines.

This is EXACTLY what it is. I'm glad someone recognizes this fact. Is there no advocacy organization or NGO that can lobby against these made-up "interpretations" of the law???  Each IO rolling their own rules is a dangerous situation for farangs.