SURVEY: Do you want Trump to finish his first term?

Scott

SURVEY: Do you WANT Trump to finish his first term?  

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

That is incorrect.

The poll is about the first term.

The poll is not about a second term.

A person needs to make it through the first term for there to be any possibility of a second term.

The poll is NOT about PREDICTING anything!

Read the question again. It's very simple. It's about what people WANT not what people PREDICT.

Also, keep in mind impeachment is one of multiple ways that a sitting president might leave office before finishing a term.

Come on!  The implication is that Trump could be impeached.  Why else would the question be asked? 

Far from him being impeached, I think he will be re-elected.

Edited by teatree
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, teatree said:

Come on!  The implication is that Trump could be impeached.  Why else would the question be asked? 

Far from him being impeached, I think he will be re-elected.

Of course he could be impeached.

He's under serious investigation now for potentially very serious crimes.

He could also be "persuaded" to resign, like Nixon.

He could also die in office. 

Again, read the bloody question, dude.

It's about what people WANT. Not predicting. 

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, heybruce said:

"Drain the swamp" has become "fill the swamp with your own critters".

Yep. Anyone that actually believed the lies of such a notorious con man should be very embarrassed. It's one thing being conned by someone that you don't know is a con man. To not realize that "trump" is a con man after being such a celebrity con man for decades shows pathetic ignorance.  I realize it comes across as rude but that's why beyond having no respect for our sleazeball president itself, I also have no respect for anyone that still supports him. I also realize that such people are beyond hope. They're with this ridiculous clown to the bloody end. Being honest about how horrible he is just makes them cling more to their absurd mistake in putting faith in such a human stain. Doesn't matter. They are a definite MINORITY of Americans. He doesn't get any NEW support. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

That is incorrect.

The poll is about the first term.

The poll is not about a second term.

A person needs to make it through the first term for there to be any possibility of a second term.

The poll is NOT about PREDICTING anything!

Read the question again. It's very simple. It's about what people WANT not what people PREDICT.

Also, keep in mind impeachment is one of multiple ways that a sitting president might leave office before finishing a term.

It's very simple. It's about what people WANT not what people PREDICT".

Well it appears the majority on here WANT him to be the President. It has been climbing.JT why don't you take one for the team and jump ship

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, riclag said:

Well it appears the majority on here WANT him to be the President. It has been climbing.JT why don't you take one for the team and jump ship

you sound like 'Red necks of the world unite'

11 minutes ago, riclag said:

Intelligent people understand that voting yes on this poll doesn't necessary translate as support for "trump."

We've been over this several times.

Your disingenuous gloating is obnoxious and based on false assumptions. 

Common reasons to want "trump" to finish his first term other than supporting the clown include thinking Pence won't be better and also to avoid stirring up all the well armed people that are "trump" supporters, as some of them have threatened to start a literal CIVIL WAR if he is removed.

Cheers. 

Edited by Jingthing

2 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

you sound like 'Red necks of the world unite'

What does Red necks got to do with  a majority 52.53% to 47.47.It's a fact,numbers don't lie. Most people probably don't like him but the majority want him ,and who the hell cares what people are red,blue green or silver.

Just now, riclag said:

What does Red necks got to do with  a majority 52.53% to 47.47.It's a fact,numbers don't lie. Most people probably don't like him but the majority want him ,and who the hell cares what people are red,blue green or silver.

If the majority want him then there is no hope for the USA and they deserve to go down the drain, perhaps they will anyway when the Orange starts a world wide recession with tarrifs because 'trade wars are good and easy to win'

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, riclag said:

"want Trump to finish his first term" is not the same as "want him".

As has been repeatedly explained, many people think the alternative to Trump finishing his first term (Pence becoming President) is worse than enduring Trump for the remainder of his term.  That is not the same as "want him".

• Like 1

It's easier to make messes than to clean them up.   Trump is creating many messes.  It will take a generation to clean some of them.

One of my personal concerns is the sanctity of National Parks and other natural regions, (like BLM and Wilderness / National monuments, and protected regions).  Similar to how Trump likes to give the finger to all groups who aren't white overweight pharma-addicted, gun-huggers, ......he also includes environmentalists.  Trump is to environmental husbandry what Stormy Daniels is to Mother Theresa.

Edited by boomerangutang
  • Like 2

Personally I think there is no good reason to want trump to finish his term if very serious criminal charges come to light. I don't think his most rabid civil war threatening fanatics will actually start a civil war if the evidence is strong enough. If not there is an argument that the "trump" mistake should be fully played out just so things really hit bottom and people don't have any nostalgia for the orange one.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Common reasons to want "trump" to finish his first term other than supporting the clown include thinking Pence won't be better and also to avoid stirring up all the well armed people that are "trump" supporters, as some of them have threatened to start a literal CIVIL WAR if he is removed.

It’s almost like, oh I dunno, armed Americans are more powerful than unarmed Americans. 

Sounds good to me. 

Second Amendment being fully functional. 

Thanks Trump & NRA for protecting our civil liberties. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

It’s almost like, oh I dunno, armed Americans are more powerful than unarmed Americans. 

Sounds good to me. 

do you feel besieged? 

13 minutes ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

Does the thought of American Citizens being armed and having collective power scare you?

Every American has the option. 

Thats the beauty of the Amendment, and the reason it was created. 

Thanks Trump & the NRA. 

worked out well in the civil war didn't it. The thought of poorly educated neurotic Christian hardliners armed with guns would scare me but since most of us don't live there we could watch the fun on TV.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, heybruce said:

"Drain the swamp" has become "fill the swamp with your own critters".

Yep. Anyone that actually believed the lies of such a notorious con man should be very embarrassed. It's one thing being conned by someone that you don't know is a con man. To not realize that "trump" is a con man after being such a celebrity con man for decades shows pathetic ignorance.  I realize it comes across as rude but that's why beyond having no respect for our sleazeball president itself, I also have no respect for anyone that still supports him. I also realize that such people are beyond hope. They're with this ridiculous clown to the bloody end. Being honest about how horrible he is just makes them cling more to their absurd mistake in putting faith in such a human stain. Doesn't matter. They are a definite MINORITY of Americans. He doesn't get any NEW support. 

Trump supporters don’t care. 

He had them at “Mexicans are rapists” and from being head clown in the despicable Obama birther racist clown show. 

From wall prototypes and travel bans to scuppering DACA to complementing Nazis, he’s keeping the promise that matters to them: kicking the browns and blacks to the curb. 

They won’t notice he’s actively breaking (and not just passively failing to keep) his more commendable “drain the swamp” promises, but their Trump-induced  racist amygdalaic orgasm* is clouding their pre-frontal cortex. 

*a lizard brain orgasm or, covfefe, if you will.

Sounds good to me. 

That is sick.

• Thanks 1

Trump supporters don’t care. 
He had them at “Mexicans are rapists” and from being head clown in the despicable Obama birther racist clown show. 

From wall prototypes and travel bans to scuppering DACA to complementing Nazis, he’s keeping the promise that matters to them: kicking the browns and blacks to the curb. 

They won’t notice he’s actively breaking (and not just passively failing to keep) his more commendable “drain the swamp” promises, but their Trump-induced  racist amygdalaic orgasm* is clouding their pre-frontal cortex. 

*a lizard brain orgasm or, covfefe, if you will.
No they don't of course. But he won by getting enough not as toxic suckers. There is a case of playing out the full horribleness of a demagogue president with the hope that the appetite would be satisfied. Pull him early and people might want more of the same. Just a theory. Nobody knows how this "trump" mess will end.

1 hour ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

It’s almost like, oh I dunno, armed Americans are more powerful than unarmed Americans. Sounds good to me. Second Amendment being fully functional. Thanks Trump & NRA for protecting our civil liberties. 

49 minutes ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

Nah, there’s millions and millions of educated and trained firearm owners in the USA - both religious and non-religious, male and female. That’s an unoquivical fact. The NRA has more members alone than any standing army on planet earth. 

You think it's cool that many Americans have military grade weapons, because you think they think like you.  Maybe they do, currently.   However, how would you like it if most gun owners didn't think like you.  For example, if most gun owners wanted majority blacks and browns in all US cities, and if they disliked neo-Nazis so much they would interrogate people on the street, and if that person had neo-Nazi leanings, that person would be shot on the spot.

You might say, at this time, "oh, that could never happen.  The majority of Americans think like me, and therefore I and my family and friends are safe.  Think again.  Study history.  Might has not always been right.  There was a time, not long ago in Germany, when the fascists had the most guns and weren't shy about using them summarily.  If they saw a Jew or a Gypsy or a gay person on the street and shot her dead on the spot, that was allowable.   Is that the sort of country you want?  I don't."

• Like 1

Hmm. Maybe the NRA really is a terrorist organization.

The NRA,promotes gun safety  and responsible gun ownership ,it adheres to laws that are mostly  enacted by  the federal government, it  is made up of millions of law abiding American's ,who use guns for recreation and for protection. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, riclag said:

The NRA,promotes gun safety  and responsible gun ownership ,it adheres to laws that are mostly  enacted by  the federal government, it  is made up of millions of law abiding American's ,who use guns for recreation and for protection. 

Hollywood et le lobby des armes à feu NRA ont le même culte de la violence

"The people who write gun regulations are the very people who profit from gun sales. The NRA would like to keep it that way. Cash argues that the wholesome public relations veneer masks something deeply sinister and profoundly destructive. There is no other way to say this: The NRA funds domestic terrorism."

https://www.rollingstone.com/country/news/rosanne-cash-the-nra-funds-domestic-terrorism-w506878

Edited by Opl
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

Does the thought of American Citizens being armed and having collective power scare you?

Every American has the option. 

Thats the beauty of the Amendment, and the reason it was created. 

Thanks Trump & the NRA. 

The Second Amendment was written at a time when civilian arms were as good as, and sometimes better than, those used by the military.  It was also a time when the United States was the only large experiment in democracy in two thousand years and was seen as a threat to the established order by the monarchies that governed most of the world.

These things are no longer true.  Were you here in 2014?  When soldiers with automatic weapons and armored vehicles show up, civilians hide their weapons and pretend to be obedient subjects, if not enthusiastic supporters, of the new order. 

In the modern world it is very brave unarmed civilians that resist tyranny.  The historical reasons for the Second Amendment are no longer valid.

Edited by heybruce

4 hours ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

Sounds good to me. 

Sounds to me like armed Americans are threatening to use their constitutional right to bare arms to overthrow constitutional government. 

If you don't see the irony in this, you are beyond hope.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, riclag said:

The NRA promotes assault rifles.  I can think of no responsible reason to own an assault rifle.     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEcbagW4O-s

If you watch the entire video, at one point you will see NRA TV "slut-shaming" marijuana.  NRA TV is very imaginative in thinking of reasons to be paranoid, a paranoia that can only be resolved with an AR-15.

Edited by heybruce