SURVEY: Do you want Trump to finish his first term?

Scott

SURVEY: Do you WANT Trump to finish his first term?  

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, heybruce said:

Most of the things you give Trump credit for were happening before he took office.  "Coal miners back to work"  is BS   http://money.cnn.com/2018/01/10/news/companies/coal-mine-closing/index.html     http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/jun/05/scott-pruitt/are-coal-mining-jobs-50000-last-year-not-exactly/

His meddling in agreed upon deals in trade and with Iran will possibly lead to trade wars and a nuclear arms race in the Mid-East, along with destroying US credibility in future agreements.  Trump is a threat to the US.    

"Coal miners back to work" is BS

The Trump Voters’ Disappointment Is Real

Richard Ojeda, our endorsed candidate running in West Virginia’s 3rd Congressional District, supported Donald Trump in 2016. Like millions of other Trump voters, he has grown disillusioned with the President. Below is an OpEd he wrote explaining his journey from voter desperate for anyone who would promise to help West Virginia to candidate opposing Trump and his policies.

https://peopleshouseproject.com/2018/01/17/trump-voters-disappointment-real/

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Johnniey said:

Not only arrogant but rude. I'd be surprised if you have a better education than me.

I have a Master's from one of the top unis in the UK - Edinburgh.

This is a forum for expats btw. Why are you here if you're living in the UK?

I visit once or twice a year.

Do you complain about the democratic outcome of elections in the UK too? 

Are you one of the Brexit sulkers, demanding another vote?

Well, congratulations! You could have fooled me!

My first degree (Hons App Phys / Chem) was from Durham. I won't bore you with further degrees but one was from Edinburgh where I still keep a residence.

I loved Edinburgh but I lived out at Haddington at the time.

I am a semiconductor physicist by profession - I was working with TI when I lived in Texas

I have a "distributed" existence. I have companies in Thailand but try to be in the U.K. For "The Season" including the Edinburgh Fringe. I also spend time in Switzerland and Aragon (Spain).

I think Brexit was mishandled. I know nobody who thinks it to be a good idea. I think Parliament should use their sovereignty to decide what happens. I was able to work easily in Germany and Denmark where my daughter Bente was born.

Lets keep the dialogue open!

Did you know Belhaven 80/- is no longer available in Edinburgh on draft?

Edited by Grouse
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, heybruce said:

I have been referring to the economic recovery that occurred during the Obama administration.  You may not like associating it with Obama, but "Obama recovery" is an accurate description.

It is a misnomer. It's like saying. I paid off my mortgage by taking a cash advance on my credit card. Substitution of short term pain for bragging rights and much worse long term pain. The Obama Recovery  will hamstring future administrations for decades to come but I'm sure you won't make that association.

Despite the last nine years of outsized fiscal spending and unprecedented monetary stimulus, economic growth is well below the pace of recoveries of years past. In fact, as shown below, starting in 2009 the cumulative amount of new federal debt surpassed the cumulative amount of GDP growth going back to 1967. Said differently, if it were not for a significant and consistent federal deficit, GDP would have been negative every year since the 2008 financial crisis.  

1-gdp-less-debt.png

7 hours ago, heybruce said:

An my point was that Trump denies numbers are real when they make someone else look good, but insist they are real when they make him look good.

You should stop looking at personalities and start looking at what IS regardless of your personal politics.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lannarebirth said:

It is a misnomer. It's like saying. I paid off my mortgage by taking a cash advance on my credit card. Substitution of short term pain for bragging rights and much worse long term pain. The Obama Recovery  will hamstring future administrations for decades to come but I'm sure you won't make that association.

1-gdp-less-debt.png

You are somewhat obsessive about reputing anything that suggests good things happened during the Obama years.  You are also going way off-topic.

Let's get on topic:  How will Trump's trillion dollar deficits, which so far show no indication of increasing GDP growth about those during Obama's administration, affect the above graph?

• Like 2

You should stop looking at personalities and start looking at what IS regardless of your personal politics.

Deflecting for Trump now, are you? 

I will repeat:  Trump claimed economic numbers that looked good before the election were fake, and now claims they are real now that they make him look good.  He shows a psychotic denial of reality--reality to him is whatever he says it is.  That is pertinent to this topic, and it is scary.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Man. you have surrendered a lot of brain space to Trump..

Someone (riclag?) gave Trump credit for the recovery of the US petroleum industry, I pointed out that Trump had nothing to do with the recovery, and you jumped in with a tangential fact about a law repeal in 2015 that you disagreed with.

It seems to me that you've surrendered a lot of brain space to deflecting for Trump.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, riclag said:

President Trump’s historic jobs achievement

jeepers ,everything in this article could be pasted and quoted to verify the claim. But I'm allowed to only quote 3 sentences. Here's one

"While the media obsess over the latest palace intrigue, President Trump is quietly shaping up to be one of the best economic presidents in modern U.S. history".

The exaggeration of words and deeds  that the insane left spews  as lies  by the PT only gives justification that their undaunted campaign to delitgitimize one of the greatest job Presidents in the history of the USA ,is getting old. PT 2020   

http://thehill.com/opinion/finance/386319-president-trumps-historic-jobs-achievement

An editorial by Alfredo Ortiz, CEO of Job Creators Network, a pro-business advocacy organization.  He neglected to mention the trillion dollar deficits, and did some careful cherry-picking on the numbers he used.  

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, heybruce said:

You are somewhat obsessive about reputing anything that suggests good things happened during the Obama years.  You are also going way off-topic.

Let's get on topic:  How will Trump's trillion dollar deficits, which so far show no indication of increasing GDP growth about those during Obama's administration, affect the above graph?

Trump's deficits will likely be just as bad or worse than Obama's. How much growth they produce remains to be seen but if I had to guess it will be not much more than we have experienced for the past decade.

I'm going to tell you what I told my teenage daughters. They were always obsessed with who said this or who said that. I told them to focus more on the what than the who. Focus on actions rather than personalities. It makes you a more fair, knowledgeable and insightful person.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Deflecting for Trump now, are you? 

I will repeat:  Trump claimed economic numbers that looked good before the election were fake, and now claims they are real now that they make him look good.  He shows a psychotic denial of reality--reality to him is whatever he says it is.  That is pertinent to this topic, and it is scary.

Yes, he's a liar.

Name that president senator:

‘The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government can not pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that “the buck stops here.” Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better.’

17 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Someone (riclag?) gave Trump credit for the recovery of the US petroleum industry, I pointed out that Trump had nothing to do with the recovery, and you jumped in with a tangential fact about a law repeal in 2015 that you disagreed with.

It seems to me that you've surrendered a lot of brain space to deflecting for Trump.

Not really. I haven't liked a US president since I became eligible to vote. I don't blame them so much as I blame my countrymen of whichever party.

19 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

I was just hoping you'd stop posting and reposting erroneous information about your so called " The Obama Recovery™ ". If you want to have a go at Trump as well, nobody's stopping you and have at it.

2 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

Man. you have surrendered a lot of brain space to Trump..

21 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

I'm going to tell you what I told my teenage daughters. They were always obsessed with who said this or who said that. I told them to focus more on the what than the who. Focus on actions rather than personalities. It makes you a more fair, knowledgeable and insightful person.

:wink:

Well, I hope you don't continue and tell Heybruce he has to be in before 10, no sex before marriage, but always carry a condom anyway and if you bring a man home with tattoos and a drinking problem you will lose your allowance and pay your own way through college. :wink:

Edited by Andaman Al
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

Trump's deficits will likely be just as bad or worse than Obama's. How much growth they produce remains to be seen but if I had to guess it will be not much more than we have experienced for the past decade.

You should have stopped after the first paragraph.  That is on-topic.

Unfortunately you than had to add a condescending, off-topic paragraph.  You seem upset that you haven't been able to turn a Trump topic into an "Obama is bad" topic.  You should focus on the what the topic is about, not the who you want it to be about.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

Yes, he's a liar.

Name that president senator:

Could be any senator from the party that did not hold the Presidency at the time.

Regarding "Yes, he's a liar.", you get the 'Understatement of the Thread' award for that one.

13 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

:wink:

Well, I hope you don't continue and tell Heybruce he has to be in before 10, no sex before marriage, but always carry a condom anyway and if you bring a man home with tattoos and a drinking problem you will lose your allowance and pay your own way through college. :wink:

A little preachy, I agree.

• Like 2

McCain doesn't even want the reality TV president at his own funeral. But who can blame him.

Joe Biden says John McCain 'concerned about the state of the country'

Former Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama have been asked to deliver eulogies at McCain's funeral, people close to both former presidents and a source close to the senator confirmed to CNN.

President Donald Trump is not expected to be invited to the funeral service, a source close to McCain confirmed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

Can we wait until the unfortunate man has died before discussing his funeral arrangements please?

McCain is a very strong man. One of the better politicians out there. I wish him a long and happy life. I am not sure what issue you have discussing his funeral when McCain's own friends are doing so.

McCain’s Friends Have Started Preparing for His Funeral—and Trump Isn’t Invited

1 minute ago, Silurian said:

McCain is a very strong man. One of the better politicians out there. I wish him a long and happy life. I am not sure what issue you have discussing his funeral when McCain's own friends are doing so.

McCain’s Friends Have Started Preparing for His Funeral—and Trump Isn’t Invited

If it bleeds it leads, eh? Seems insensitive and crass to me, that's all.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, alocacoc said:

Approval rate now at 51%. All the vicious attacks by MSM don't work....as predicted...

Sent from a so called Smartphone using an App.

What fringe poll gave you that number?

• Like 1