SURVEY: Do you want Trump to finish his first term?

Scott

SURVEY: Do you WANT Trump to finish his first term?  

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 hours ago, bushdoctor said:

Not surprising to me that the majority of people surveyed here want Trump to finish his term. 

The likely demographics of members make that all but inevitable. And of course, there are some like me, who think Democrats don't need impeachment to get rid of Trump and should instead be proposing bills that actually address the needs of the 90 percent whom Republicans have slighted. And there probably are some unlike me who actually voted.

Edited by bristolboy

16 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

The likely demographics of members make that all but inevitable. And of course, there are some like me, who think Democrats don't need impeachment to get rid of Trump and should instead be proposing bills that actually address the needs of the 90 percent whom Republicans have slighted. And there probably are some unlike me who actually voted.

What are those likely demographics? 

6 hours ago, heybruce said:

I'm not sure what your point is here, but I think it's "But, but, but....Karma!"

As far as Trump and Sanders creating a better Democratic party, that's only true if you believe you can fine tune complex machinery with a sledge hammer.

Oh, there's no fine tuning about it. It's all part of a process as nobody ever changes anything willingly.

6 hours ago, heybruce said:

A person's legacy is what he is remembered by.  Nader is remembered as a consumer rights advocate and the man who stole votes from Gore in the 2000 election, thus leading to the election of Bush. 

He is primarily remembered for the latter, just as Ross Perot is primarily remembered as swinging the 1992 election from Bush Sr to Clinton.  The country seriously needs an election run-off or some other means to ensure the least popular major candidate doesn't win.  Until then (and run-off elections are a long way off) it is insane to vote third party.

Either that or people need to become more imformed and not just vote for who the media tells them to vote for.

it is insane to vote third party.

Yeah, that's the conventional wisdom. You know what they say about conventional wisdom; it is in almost every case, wrong.

21 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

Either that or people need to become more imformed and not just vote for who the media tells them to vote for.

Yeah, that's the conventional wisdom. You know what they say about conventional wisdom; it is in almost every case, wrong.

Well, if that's what "they say about conventional wisdom" then that is conventional wisdom. So it must be wrong.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

yup! Sounds like you are trying to offer some conventional wisdom  ?

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

They will, have patience. The problem is that Trump is a slippery bar steward and they want to make sure he is got hook line and sinker. By the way it is not the liberals are after him, it is the legitimate law enforcement agencies and procedures that will bring him down. They are non partisan and will follow the law. If he has done nothing he will go free if he has broke the law he will face the judicial process.

Don't you think it was rich for Trey Gowdy to say to Rosenstein "finish the damn investigation'? The statement coming from a man who stretched out the Benghazi investigation for 2 1/2 years without a single indictment, arrest or person giving a guilty plea.

The murders in Benghazi was school yard in comparison. How patient can liberals be?Look at all the hands they lost.They lost the Paris Climate agreement,Iran deal,Israel and Palestine fighting in the Middle East ,liberals claim PT is ripping babies out of mothers arms.Patience bought the liberals a second SCJ nominee,to which they could lose abortion rights ,trade wars and much much more.

It's not the law that's after him ,its the left.If they got the winning hand, than call, stop bluffin or just fold. The longer they stay in  the game the more they squander past winnings and destroy democracy.How much more disaster are liberals suppose to take in the name of patience,their playing with lives and nations.

The ultimate game changer the ace in the hole, Mr. Mueller,the left says he got the evidence and all the while he's watching  PT undo everything. That makes him more of a demon in comparison to PT

Edited by riclag

Just now, lannarebirth said:

If it pleases you to say so, have at it.

To be fair it's what everybody suffers from. But some , who appreciate the use of objective data gathering, understand that and resist the temptation to succumb to it.

8 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

To be fair it's what everybody suffers from. But some , who appreciate the use of objective data gathering, understand that and resist the temptation to succumb to it.

I think people need to eschew taking on more data, both objective and subjective and instead open their eyes a bit wider.

33 minutes ago, riclag said:

The murders in Benghazi was school yard in comparison. How patient can liberals be?Look at all the hands they lost.

Your entire post is bizarre but the first line is enough.

"The murders in Benghazi was school yard in comparison".............lost for words.

"How patient can liberals be?Look at all the hands they lost.".........You see this is the problem. the likes of you and Trump and all the enablers will never be able to make America great..ever, because you are too obsessed with wanting to beat liberals (of which I am not) and undo whatever you think they did. Republicans are too filled with hate for anything non white and non American to ever be able to enjoy a peaceful loving life with the rest of mankind. Build your wall quick...........all the way around.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, bushdoctor said:

I’m truly interested in what those likely demographics might be. 

Maybe he is driving at a greater than average number of old, white males , bitter from failed relationships and failed dysfunctional families, many escaping from the consequence of DUI or other misdemeanor convictions that make their lives more difficult at home and living on an income that would have them on the poverty line in their country of origin. I  would hazard a guess that , that is the demographic he is hinting at that makes up the expat population of Thailand........well around 54.44% anyway :coffee1:

1 hour ago, bushdoctor said:

I’m truly interested in what those likely demographics might be. 

Well to start wirh, we can consider how many Farang women come to pursue romance with thai men or women vs. how many farang males come to Thailand to do the same. I'm going to take a wild guess and say that the preponderance lies in the latter.

44 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

Maybe he is driving at a greater than average number of old, white males , bitter from failed relationships and failed dysfunctional families, many escaping from the consequence of DUI or other misdemeanor convictions that make their lives more difficult at home and living on an income that would have them on the poverty line in their country of origin. I  would hazard a guess that , that is the demographic he is hinting at that makes up the expat population of Thailand........well around 54.44% anyway :coffee1:

Ouch! It sounds as if you don’t have a high opinion of your fellow forum members. 

Certainly there are many expat members here, but I’d venture to say that the average Thai visa member isn’t an expat. They, as well as the expat members, come from mostly western countries. It could also be that they are tired of the cultural suicide and the apologist politicians they see in those countries. 

Things have swung pretty far left, and like a pendulum it wants to swing back. I think of this movement as an equalizing force to regain equilibrium. It’s hasn’t only happening in the USA. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Well to start wirh, we can consider how many Farang women come to pursue romance with thai men or women vs. how many farang males come to Thailand to do the same. I'm going to take a wild guess and say that the preponderance lies in the latter.

Of course it does. How does that relate to why they would want to see a president  finish his term? 

2 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

You see this is the problem. the likes of you and Trump and all the enablers will never be able to make America great..ever, because you are too obsessed with wanting to beat liberals

I'm not republican ,I'm Independent, I choose according to the message.The obsession to beat is the other way around, just ask the Resistance movement.

2 minutes ago, riclag said:

I'm not republican ,I'm Independent, I choose according to the message.The obsession to beat is the other way around, just ask the Resistance movement.

So can you share with us some of those political positions you hold that are at variance with the those of most Republicans?

I haven't noticed any,

• Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, bushdoctor said:

Of course it does. How does that relate to why they would want to see a president  finish his term? 

Wow! How many bush doctors does it take to screw a light bulb? A light bulb is an inanimate object. 

41 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Demographically speaking male support of Trump is far greater than female support. 

Trump does have large male support. The question is why did so many men (and women) vote for him? 

Why did 9.2 percent of Obama voters flip to support Mr. Trump?

Isn't it a distinct possibility, even a probability that it was simply for political reasons? Or are you suggesting something more sinister? 

Edited by bushdoctor
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

So can you share with us some of those political positions you hold that are at variance with the those of most Republicans?

I haven't noticed any,

It's a never ending story !It begins with Justice and ends with the American Way. You should know that being from Bristol,Connecticut 

Edited by riclag
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

Oh, there's no fine tuning about it. It's all part of a process as nobody ever changes anything willingly.

You clearly think changes to the Democratic Party is worth the damage Trump is doing to the US, and especially the future damage to the US.  I disagree.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

You make no attempt to argue my point that voting for parties that have no chance of being elected is a wasted vote and sometimes allows the worst candidate to win, you just claim that since it is conventional wisdom it must be wrong. 

Actually conventional wisdom, things like "What goes up must come down", is generally correct.  There are exceptions, but regarding gravity and third party voting in the US, these exceptions are rare.

Edited by heybruce
  • Like 1