What Thailand region is best place in world to retire?

Inspire

vlog52.jpg

Inspire is delighted to have teamed up with Dan about Thailand vlogs to bring you his latest vlog from in and around Thailand.

The vlogs cover travel and debate on things associated with tourists and expats in the country.

If you want to follow Dan you can join his Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/danaboutthailand/

Source: http://www.inspirepattaya.com/lifestyle/thailand-region-best-place-world-retire/

inspire_pattaya_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Inspire Pattaya 2018-01-28

By Inspire

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I don't think it is appropriate to make fun of intellectually challenged people.

But in this case, I will make an exception, both for Dan and for those who want to join up with him.

1 hour ago, Get Real said:

Just another man that looks silly on Internet just for some clicks and a couple of bucks

Isn't he the MD of Inspire and Choice Group and ultimately part owner of TV?

(Not arguing your point as can't be arsed to view the vlog and see his stumbling delivery on TV too much.)

Simple answer, don't retire here permanently, have an escape plan and don't put your eggs in one basket ! 

Way I see it, come here in retirement, live an enjoyable time while your able, go home when very old. Health care for the old sucks - unless you want to OD in your wheelchair, jump off a tall building or bloat out when having a heart attack and not found for days. 

13 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Simple answer, don't retire here permanently, have an escape plan and don't put your eggs in one basket ! 

Way I see it, come here in retirement, live an enjoyable time while your able, go home when very old. Health care for the old sucks - unless you want to OD in your wheelchair, jump off a tall building or bloat out when having a heart attack and not found for days. 

Sounds like basically you're saying don't run out of money.

30 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

You forgot to add: Pretend you are rich when you get back so the grand kids will look after you.

Den

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

There is plenty of affordable aged care here if you know where to look. From a full-time ex-nurse carer for 10,000 baht a month, up to 90,000 baht/month for all-found luxury nursing home care.

Every September, the Thai government compulsorily retires any nurse in a public hospital who is over 45. They are all then looking for work in aged care, as their pensions are a pittance.

If health care for the old sucks here, it sucks even worse in Australia. Ripoffs galore.

32 minutes ago, connda said:

If I had it to do over again, I would not have retired here.

If I had to do it over again, and if I retired somewhere else, I would probably run into different problems, that I am not aware of now.

And the same is true for the good sides of Thailand.

As usual there are a lot of negative comments here. I couldn’t care less really but just want to point out that the blogger didn’t name it one of the world’s best places to retire, it was CNN Money as he stated at the beginning of the vlog.

Also titles are purposely kept short. This title is a little awkward and may confuse some people, but it is actually correct. 

What Thailand region is (named by CNN as) best place in world to retire?

Chill out peeps. 

Archived