Waste water flowing freely onto Krabi’s beaches

webfact

Waste water flowing freely onto Krabi’s beaches

The inspection followed a complaint from people that they got itchy after swimming at the beach. The water from around the foreshore area also smells bad, affecting the tourism image of the province.

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

S__12468243.jpg

Krabi Vice Governor, Pol Capt Apinan Puakpong, with a team of military officers, Krabi Office of Natural Resources and Environment and Krabi Provincial Public Health Office, inspected hotels, resorts and restaurants along Tub Kaeg Beach and found that there are five 5-star hotels as well as one restaurant that have their waste water pipe releasing directly into the sea.

The inspection followed a complaint from people that they got itchy after swimming at the beach. The water from around the foreshore area also smells bad, affecting the tourism image of the province.

The team collected samples of the wastewater from all the places to be sent to the Natural Resources and Environment Office Region 15 and ordered all venues to remove the wastewater pipes that encroach the beach area.

Full story:  https://www.phuketgazette.net/news/waste-water-flowing-freely-onto-krabis-beaches

pgazette_logo-20170817.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette

I will never forget about 25 years ago when i looked in the open drains in Krabi (covered by a grid), i saw millions of cockroaches running in there and since i wasn't so happy with that.

Also i didn't even know we can swim in the sea at Krabi, we went to Riley beach for that by longtailboats which were very dangerous.

Five Star Hotels with a zero Star Toilet and environment rating. Shouldn't that  affect the hotels star rating on Agoda and other hotel websites?

Guests pay top dollar for their room but swim in the shitty sea in front of the hotel where they maybe swimming among their own poop.

May as well go back to the hotel and treat the toilet like it's their own private mini swimming pool! At least there is air conditioning there.

Most buildings, large and small, simply have septic tanks under them...large buildings have banks of tanks.....but the effluent that overflows after the solids have massed at the tank bases, flows into the drainage system..

Sewage plants and sewage infrastructure hardly exist here......and those that are working are grossly under capacity.

Pattaya beaches are doomed and now more of the same on Krabi, really good for future tourists,...?  at least the young girls  will keep them coming until its known that most men get ripped off and murdered even

Pattaya beaches are doomed and now more of the same on Krabi, really good for future tourists,...?  at least the young girls  will keep them coming until its known that most men get ripped off and murdered even
Dude bash away all you like but how do "most" men get ripped off as tourists. For 1k baht short time I think you got that back the front

Murder? Oh my goodness because dozens are killed each day

Snap out of it!

Said it before, will say it again,,,, here they are promoting tourism for MORE punters when the infrastructure

is not able to cope with one third of what they have now.

The amazing thing here is the health department is either doing nothing or being paid to look the other way

They will kill the goose that is laying the golden egg

3 hours ago, toughlove said:

Dude bash away all you like but how do "most" men get ripped off as tourists. For 1k baht short time I think you got that back the front

Murder? Oh my goodness because dozens are killed each day

Snap out of it!

1k is pretty rich, so I heard. ;-)

6 hours ago, Lee4Life said:

So...by waste water, do they mean grey water or toilet water? Or both?

whats the difference, it all comes out of the toilet one way or another, please don't give me the crap "but gray water has been treated"  you wouldn;t drink it nor would I.

When I was in Ao Nong, the water looked OK but the sea floor was very slimy, as if something was covering it.  The next day I took long tail boat over and around to Railay beach and that sand was white sand.  So I think that Ao Nong undersea bottom was covered with effluent, maybe not all shit and stuff but certainly something, fertilizer runoff or whatever.