Expat who looks like Johnny Depp signs autograph at Bangkok mall, then parties at Thai bar

webfact

Expat who looks like Johnny Depp signs autograph at Bangkok mall, then parties at Thai bar

By Prae Sakaowan

co.jpg

Photos: Johnny Depp Thailand/ Facebook

On Friday night, a man who bears a passing resemblance to Johnny Depp created a buzz at Emquartier, a luxury shopping mall in Bangkok, as Thai people lined up for his autograph and to get a glimpse of Captain Sparrow.

This mysterious Johnny Depp look-alike was spotted at the mall at around 6:30pm on Friday. Since he was reportedly surrounded by mall security, netizens excitedly posted photos of the fake Hollywood star online.

A Thai fan club for the real Depp shared the details of the Johnny Depp stunt submitted by people who were at Emquartier.

Full story:  https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/expat-looks-like-johnny-depp-signs-autograph-bangkok-mall-parties-thai-bar/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2018-01-29

Sad the story made the headlines, mind you the pm likes the big guy Steven Seagal what a load of crap he is, watched a movie the other day with him in it, could not hear a word he mumbled on about.

1 hour ago, PatOngo said:

I thought Thailand was clamping down on fakes!

Me, I was thinking they like fakes

i met johnny depp years ago at kensington olympia. surrounded by body guards. was some interior design thing for cafes and bars as he's into that. actually a really nice guy. didn't look anything like the fella in the pic. i have a pic of us but won't post online as don't want people to know who i am 555

I guess Asians think we all look alike. 

Three years ago I got off one of those electric airport carts that dropped me off at the first class lounge in Beijing and I got mobbed by some Chinese girls who wanted my autograph and thought I was Jimmy Page. 

Other than having long hair, I look nothing like Jimmy Page. 

The crowd got bigger and I couldn't get into the lounge until security cleared a path so I could get in and they locked the doors behind me. 

There were still at least 20 people  there an hour later when I got in another cart to go to the gate and some of them ran after the cart yelling "Jimmy Page, Jimmy Page".

Where I stay there's a Thai not only looking like Johnny Depp, but looking exactly like Jack Sparrow – he even wear same style pirate dress and make-up – many like to have their selfie together with "Jack Sparrow" that indeed looks a lot more like the original, than the man pictured by Coconuts...:wink:

23 hours ago, HooHaa said:

i dont know, a rather amusing prank id say

He did no harm. Take there money or things like that Prob even picked up a few loose women in the bar thinking he was Johnny Depp Good luck to him At least he signed their autographs 

59 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Where I stay there's a Thai not only looking like Johnny Depp, but looking exactly like Jack Sparrow – he even wear same style pirate dress and make-up – many like to have their selfie together with "Jack Sparrow" that indeed looks a lot more like the original, than the man pictured by Coconuts...:wink:

Does  this Thais reside at the local mental institution ?

5 hours ago, Guitar God said:

I guess Asians think we all look alike. 

Three years ago I got off one of those electric airport carts that dropped me off at the first class lounge in Beijing and I got mobbed by some Chinese girls who wanted my autograph and thought I was Jimmy Page. 

Other than having long hair, I look nothing like Jimmy Page. 

The crowd got bigger and I couldn't get into the lounge until security cleared a path so I could get in and they locked the doors behind me. 

There were still at least 20 people  there an hour later when I got in another cart to go to the gate and some of them ran after the cart yelling "Jimmy Page, Jimmy Page".

Is that his younger self or the grey haired pony tail Jimmy?

I’ve been mobbed for resembling Kevin  Kostner but I think he looks more like me ?