Three Cambodian cities named among the cleanest in Asean

geovalin

Three Cambodian cities – Battambang, Kep and Siem Reap – received the Asean clean tourism award at the Asean Tourism Forum 2018, held in Chiang Mai, Thailand, on Friday. The distinction places the Cambodian cities in an exclusive 23-member group of the cleanest cities in the Asean region, and is proof that they adhere to Asean’s standards for city cleanliness.

The Asean clean tourist city standards were endorsed by Cambodia in 2011 following a request by Asean during the Asean Tourism Forum in 2011, which has held in Phnom Penh. This set of standards was approved and officially implemented in 2015. The forum this year was held under the theme “Asean sustainable connectivity, boundless prosperity”.

Cambodia had entered seven cities into the Asean clean tourism city competition – Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, Kampot, Kep, Sihanoukville, Battambang and Kampong Cham. All these locations came on top at the national clean city competition, according to the Ministry of Tourism.

read more http://www.khmertimeskh.com/50105168/three-cambodian-cities-named-among-the-cleanest-in-asean/

khmer_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khmer Times 31/01

8 minutes ago, Happyman58 said:

Was just going to say that lollol lol

But dont look good when Cambodia can beat you They are one of the poorest countries in the world Did not see any mention where the Thai cities came in the order?

False news.

Last time I was in SR and PP two years ago. Without doubt the two dirtiest cities I have been in, anywhere in SE Asia.

Still great cities, and I had a whale of a time, but get off the main drags, and boy, "cleanest" is not a word I would use...

Kep is a shell of a city. Clusters of derelict seaside mansions with a few hotels and seafood restaurants around the place. Maybe it has had a huge reno job on it, but I would be surprised.  Don't know the other two. Generally, Cambodian cities are not too bad, in my opinion.