What is the equivalent of gypsum plaster in Thailand?

yengec

Hi all. I have been renovating my condo and Im having a trouble to find a conventional plaster. In every house improvement stores I can only find skim coat or finishing smooth skim coat. I need to fix some big cracks and big holes which are done for electric cables etc. As ı know, first I have to use gypsum plaster to cover the cracks and and make straight the area. and then I will use finish smooth skim coat and then I will paint the wall by oil based satin paint. As you see in the picture, I need something to cover these holes before finishing skim coat and paint. What is your suggestions?

0E635CE8-B60D-4820-B387-818B5DCF1DD0.JPG

IMG_6039.JPG

Hi all. I have been renovating my condo and Im having a trouble to find a conventional plaster. In every house improvement stores I can only find skim coat or finishing smooth skim coat. I need to fix some big cracks and big holes which are done for electric cables etc. As ı know, first I have to use gypsum plaster to cover the cracks and and make straight the area. and then I will use finish smooth skim coat and then I will paint the wall by oil based satin paint. As you see in the picture, I need something to cover these holes before finishing skim coat and paint. What is your suggestions?
0E635CE8-B60D-4820-B387-818B5DCF1DD0.thumb.JPG.4942eddae484446f687eef81b4d37967.JPG
IMG_6039.thumb.JPG.3a4248072e32df652abe68ad9a90ab4d.JPG
I think for the big lateral hole with the blue pipe you will need to fill it with those red bricks or something similar first. Then with some fine wire mesh on the outside so the plaster will stick and hopefully not crack. You may not need the wire mesh.
I had a similar lateral hole with blue pipes coming through QCon blocks, and, under advice from the tiler, I filled (glued in) the major hole with cut QCon blocks.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies. May I ask is there any specific brand or model for a basic conventional plaster to cover the cement? I live in Pattaya. In here have baanchang home mart, thai watsadu, homepro, etc. On some of the boxes its not written in English and there is a communication problem with the staff. They always show me the skim coat which is not the one I need now. 

Just render it out with cement then scratch it to give it a key, PVA and topcoat with plaster

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

On looking again, I think you're right. I initially thought the fill area was fairly large.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk