Artificial Lawn

SABloke

I've got about 25sq.m. of concrete in front of my house that I would like to "lawn over" and make a little play area for my kids. Any input on which stores (online or in Bangkok) I should look at would be greatly appreciated. Also, I know some "grass" can be very hard and brittle and won't be fun for the kids to play on. Don't want to break the bank, but also don't necessarily want the cheapest crap out there (hoping to get a few years' use in).

Artificial grass is availible at my local HomePro. They have rolls of about 4 different types of grass so you have a bit of a choice.

Remember that this stuff is not like real grass which can feel cool under foot, it's made of plastic and will get very hot in direct sunlight, especially if laid over concrete.  Also carefull not to put anything hot on it as it will melt - like the kids did with hot bbq pot :shock1:

On the plus side it does look nice and hardly needs any maintainance. A brush with the broom and hose down when it gets dusty.

:smile:

Oh! and another thing you'll have have some way of holding it in place. If laid on dirt that usually is no problem but on concrete you may have to nail down the edges.

Edited by Daffy D
Additional Information!
  • Thanks 1

Budget? It's not cheap I bought a few little rolls for a project 1m2 300 bht , but they do have 3mtr wide rolls (Home Pro )

I would also put a little sand under (maybe an inch thick ) to soften it up & don't forget allow for drainage

• Thanks 1

+++ on the above.

AND

A mate bought some for his DIY Crazy Golf course, it looked great until it rained at which point all the individual grass blades ended up at the bottom of the slope leaving the mesh substrate in place.

Yup, it wasn't waterproof!

• Sad 1

My friend has just replaced his ... first lot was not exactly great ... company replaced it with some better stuff at some reduction ... I'll ask him what he has now as it looks okay.  His is 'nailed' into the earth. Think there was some sand under.

Think that if you just lay it over concrete there won't be much difference between 'landing' on the grass or the concrete ...

Edited by JAS21

• 4 months later...