Ten arrested in colour-coded crackdown on foreigners in Bangkok

webfact

5 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

You assume if they are black and in Nana then they are one of the African drug dealers who operate there, but it's actually more likely they are a tourist visiting the area who also happens to be black, so you do actually sound pretty racist.

Hahaha, is that a joke?? If you are using the word "likely" correctly, then I am afraid the opposite is true. A tourist visiting the area.... yeah sure the majority of black African nationals around Nana are "tourists". Okay then..........

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, whaleboneman said:

Unfortunately racists are usually quite ignorant and don't even realize that their comments are racist. 

Oh in that case the members of TVF are very fortunate to have you around to set them straight aren't they? The air must be thin up there on top of your high horse.

last week I was walking down Sukhumvit (between soi 14 and 12) with my friends that were visiting from Canada. It just so happened that their parents that were with us were both retired RCMP officers. We walked right past a couple of Africans handing money over to a couple of Thailand's finest. It was right out in the open and was so obvious it was ridiculous. 

Not much wonder they only managed to round up 10 of them. Must have been the 10 that didn't pay.

11 minutes ago, 348GTS said:

Oh in that case the members of TVF are very fortunate to have you around to set them straight aren't they? The air must be thin up there on top of your high horse.

and the stench must make one  gag spending the day in the sewer of racism and bigotry.  I quite enjoy the little men on this forum who spout their filth and hate knowing in their own country they could not.  Usually they are the ones that claim to have a high rise penthouse or some kind of exotic supercar.  When n reality it is bahtbus or scoopy and a cold water, fan romm 24m2.

If one can t be "something" in real life,  one can spout racist comments on a forum to get attention. Still not quite the same as driving a ferrari but you still get attention.

4 minutes ago, isaanbanhou said:

and the stench must make one  gag spending the day in the sewer of racism and bigotry.  I quite enjoy the little men on this forum who spout their filth and hate knowing in their own country they could not.  Usually they are the ones that claim to have a high rise penthouse or some kind of exotic supercar.  When n reality it is bahtbus or scoopy and a cold water, fan romm 24m2.

If one can t be "something" in real life,  one can spout racist comments on a forum to get attention. Still not quite the same as driving a ferrari but you still get attention.

Yawn. Please feel free to post examples of this "racism", "bigotry", "filth", and "hate" of which you speak, because there hasn't been any on this thread that I have seen. Can't comment on the "penthouse dwelling Ferrari drivers" on the forum, as I have no idea what you're on about, nor is it relevant, but usually comments along those lines come with a whiff of sour grapes. Never mind...

1 minute ago, 348GTS said:

Yawn. Please feel free to post examples of this "racism", "bigotry", "filth", and "hate" of which you speak, because there hasn't been any on this thread that I have seen. Can't comment on the "penthouse dwelling Ferrari drivers" on the forum, as I have no idea what you're on about, nor is it relevant, but usually comments along those lines come with a whiff of sour grapes. Never mind...

That is because the moderators have removed them, including a number of yours i believe

3 minutes ago, isaanbanhou said:

That is because the moderators have removed them, including a number of yours i believe

Nope.... wrong again, sorry to disappoint you. But feel free to cry wolf (er... I mean "racism"...) at every post whose opinions and facts you don't agree with :smile:

13 minutes ago, 348GTS said:

Nope.... wrong again, sorry to disappoint you. But feel free to cry wolf (er... I mean "racism"...) at every post whose opinions and facts you don't agree with :smile:

enjoy riding around on your scoopy with the prancing horse logo

8 minutes ago, isaanbanhou said:

enjoy riding around on your scoopy with the prancing horse logo

If I point out that the horse is black, does that make me a racist ?? Lol. As for my "scoopy" (whatever that is...), you know what they say about assumptions right? I think I'll leave it there... Have a good evening.

20 minutes ago, 348GTS said:

If I point out that the horse is black, does that make me a racist ?? Lol. As for my "scoopy" (whatever that is...), you know what they say about assumptions right? I think I'll leave it there... Have a good evening.

Enjoy your evening as well my friend and  thank you TV for giving us the opportunity to share our deepest feelings with each other. I know we are both better for it.

honda-scoopy-i-modified-Mini-cooper-02.jpg

Edited by isaanbanhou

10 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

You assume if they are black and in Nana then they are one of the African drug dealers who operate there, but it's actually more likely they are a tourist visiting the area who also happens to be black, so you do actually sound pretty racist.

Nah, I think if they are black and in the Nana area, they are more likely to be a pimp or drug dealer. If they are black and taking photos at the Grand Palace, they are likely a tourist.

7 hours ago, 348GTS said:

Hahaha, is that a joke?? If you are using the word "likely" correctly, then I am afraid the opposite is true. A tourist visiting the area.... yeah sure the majority of black African nationals around Nana are "tourists". Okay then..........

Oh, so you think they check if they are African before they stop and check them?  And how exactly do the other black people avoid this hassle?  They don't as we have seen time after time, the majority caught up in these crack downs are innocent.  

2 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Nah, I think if they are black and in the Nana area, they are more likely to be a pimp or drug dealer. If they are black and taking photos at the Grand Palace, they are likely a tourist.

Yeah, because Nana is not full of tourists of every race, sure.  Your assumption falls flat when you observe the many times they have rounded up all black people in the area only to realise that almost everyone they have gathered is actually innocent.  Take this raid on 40+ locations and only 10 guilty found, just where are this majority hiding?

On 2/1/2018 at 4:03 PM, Wake Up said:

When the new Q condos on soi 6 and the New Hyatt on soi 11 are competed I expect and hope Sukhumvit sois 4 to 12  and 5 to 13 are cleaned up as I enjoy the Nana area without the drug dealers and African working ladies. Don’t see any drug dealers hangin out on soi 2 near JW Marriott and same will happen on soi 11. Good bye and good riddance to all the guys hangin out at the 7-11 between sois 11 and 13 from the African continent selling drugs. 

Yeah, yeah.  I thought the same thing when they finished the Sofitel.  What happened??  Nothing.

Those "bright" minds calling an operation "black whatever" must be kinda delusional about their own skin's tone. Ask some TV old timers to know what they think about it. Just don't tell them you have something to do with the police. Those cowards are like chameleons - they love police (no matter the color).

24 minutes ago, altcar bob said:

Thai police are wonderful, we need these guys in the UK pronto

What the UK really needs is a large scale police operation that searches 45 areas of a city but only manages to net 10 criminals in total, clearly a wonderful use of the budget.