Ten arrested in colour-coded crackdown on foreigners in Bangkok

webfact

5 hours ago, LennyW said:

They dont care......

BANGKOK — Police said they arrested 10 “black people” for various offenses early Thursday morning in an operation they described as racially motivated.

Why bother going through the court system? They`re black so obviously must be guilty. Just send them straight to jail or deport them for illegally being in possession of a black skin.

This comedy sketch comes to mind:

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, overherebc said:

It was very dark at the time and nobody was smiling.

I rest my case. All that time you spent with your black Army buddy, he never told you how most black people would be highly offended by this type of comment? 

Please, I'm begging you, don't come back and tell me how you and Bubba Blue used to joke about this all the time over a dinner of fried chicken and watermelon down at the mess hall.

11 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

I rest my case. All that time you spent with your black Army buddy, he never told you how most black people would be highly offended by this type of comment? 

Please, I'm begging you, don't come back and tell me how you and Bubba Blue used to joke about this all the time over a dinner of fried chicken and watermelon down at the mess hall.

Got most of that wrong. Don't eat a lot of fried chicken and watermelon. You're assuming again that everyone is American. I'm a sweaty and so was he.

Just now, overherebc said:

Got most of that wrong. Don't eat a lot of fried chicken and watermelon. You're assuming again that everyone is American. I'm a sweaty and so was he.

You're pretty good at deflecting attention away from the main points of my posts. I'll give you that. Lots of practice?

1 hour ago, whaleboneman said:

Unfortunately racists are usually quite ignorant and don't even realize that their comments are racist. 

That's BS.  Racism knows no class of people, education level or even race.  If you think you are superior to someone because of the color of their skin then that's racism.

1 minute ago, 9KPhalak said:

That's BS.  Racism knows no class of people, education level or even race.  If you think you are superior to someone because of the color of their skin then that's racism.

True enough, however the lower down the educational and class pyramid one goes, the more appealing racist dogma becomes because of its false promises of improved self-esteem and station in life.

10 minutes ago, 9KPhalak said:

Plenty of papers showing a correlation between low IQ and racism.

Plenty of papers showing a correlation between low IQ and racism.

• Could you name one?  Percentage wise there's no difference.  There are just many more poor, uneducated people at the bottom of the pyramid.  So, percentage wise I bet there's no difference.

56 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

Why have they targeted black people there are many others who are overstayers , working illegally or who entered the Kingdom illegally ?

Most of the overstayers don't hang around tourist areas trying to sell drugs to everyone who walks past. Maybe some do, I don't know.

Most I imagine try to keep a low profile.

Edited by overherebc

I think I am beginning to understand the Thai Police logic here. The operation is called 'Black Eagles' so they target people with dark skin. So, next we can look forward to 'White Eagles', when they are being PC and target people with .... dark skin.

6 minutes ago, Megasin1 said:

I think I am beginning to understand the Thai Police logic here. The operation is called 'Black Eagles' so they target people with dark skin. So, next we can look forward to 'White Eagles', when they are being PC and target people with .... dark skin.

So stay out of the sun and you'll be ok??

Anyone who made a racist comment is 60 and above plus has some skeletons in the closet . the police  said black people ,are they not black?? or do you want to call them blue  people ?? they just identify them by skin color and not being racist . Thais say farang and you are happy , they just identify you from your skin color . will you call them racists??

23 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Most of the overstayers don't hang around tourist areas trying to sell drugs to everyone who walks past. Maybe some do, I don't know.

Most I imagine try to keep a low profile.

How do you think most over stayers manage to support themselves in Thailand? I`ll tell you, mostly by working illegally that includes many criminal activities. They see drug dealing as a lucrative way of making a living and a lot of them will come out into the open, they are desperate. They play hide and seek with the police, some get caught but I guess the majority of them don`t.

Whether an opinion classifies someone as being racist or not, it is a fact that worldwide, Africans, blacks, south Asians and south Americans play a prominent part in the drug dealing industry and it`s good that the Thai police are clamping down on these people before they manage to gain too strong a foothold here.

10 hours ago, chippendale said:

They searched 45 areas of Bangkok and only found 10 negroes? Didn't try hard enough or looked in the wrong places.

Just got back in Bangkok late this afternoon, this evening I took a stroll from Soi 3 to Asoke BTS, not one African man or woman on the streets tonight 2130hrs  -  must be getting spread around BIB is on the lookout for them..........had a lovely two weeks in Vietnam, they rounded up a bunch of illegal Africans and Indians three weeks ago, not a single one in Bui Vein or Pham Ngu lay backpacker area/parks, nor in Nha Trang Beach area.

8 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

How do you think most over stayers manage to support themselves in Thailand? I`ll tell you, mostly by working illegally that includes many criminal activities. They see drug dealing as a lucrative way of making a living and a lot of them will come out into the open, they are desperate. They play hide and seek with the police, some get caught but I guess the majority of them don`t.

Whether an opinion classifies someone as being racist or not, it is a fact that worldwide, Africans, blacks, south Asians and south Americans play a prominent part in the drug dealing industry and it`s good that the Thai police are clamping down on these people before they manage to gain too strong a foothold here.

Sad but true in cases. I was thinking more on the lines of the older guys who have ended up in the situation of very low finances and really don't have an option because rightly or wrongly they made commitments they don't see a way out of.

Always happens in many places not just Thailand.

I would add that the majority are not in the situation as I described and accept drug dealing on the streets as their way to stay here in Thailand.

9 minutes ago, TunnelRat69 said:

They need to check to see if they are Colored??  Dunno.

Not sure either, maybe to ascertain most likely country of origin for deportation if that's possible. Most arrested maybe have no passports or paperwork.

Some with an in depth knowledge of DNA profiling might know.

1 minute ago, overherebc said:

Not sure either, maybe to ascertain most likely country of origin for deportation if that's possible. Most arrested maybe have no passports or paperwork.

Some with an in depth knowledge of DNA profiling might know.

Having a beer with a Federal Security Officer, Aussie friend of mine, he says the BIB is building a database of Africans and South Asians in Bangkok and Pattaya...........contrary to popular belief, they are the biggest violators of Visa's and overstays, some lasting years and years.   Quite simple reason, they have nothing to go home too, so stay here.

11 minutes ago, TunnelRat69 said:

Having a beer with a Federal Security Officer, Aussie friend of mine, he says the BIB is building a database of Africans and South Asians in Bangkok and Pattaya...........contrary to popular belief, they are the biggest violators of Visa's and overstays, some lasting years and years.   Quite simple reason, they have nothing to go home too, so stay here.

Couple that with no government handouts, and they will be aware of that pre-arrival, it's obvious that dealing is the choice of lifestyle.

5 minutes ago, TunnelRat69 said:

I have to agree with you on this one. Donald Trump has a point when he mentioned, no one wants people from the s*ithole countries and I guess this applies in Thailand too. As you say they have nothing to return to and I suppose getting caught doing drugs in Thailand for them they have nothing to lose.  If someone is already at rock bottom their situations can`t get much worse.

1 minute ago, cyberfarang said:

I have to agree with you on this one. Donald Trump has a point when he mentioned, no one wants people from the s*ithole countries and I guess this applies in Thailand too. As you say they have nothing to return to and I suppose getting caught doing drugs in Thailand for them they have nothing to lose.  If someone is already at rock bottom their situations can`t get much worse.

I work six months a year in Sub-saharan Africa, been to all the shi'ite holes and can't say that I blame them...........I also am from Hawaii, we have more mainland homeless people there than you can shake a stick at, the weather is much better than Chicago, so they fly in on a one way ticket and scream racism when they are picked up for vagrancy, truth is, they are a huge burden on the city in Hawaii.  

6 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

You haven't seen a Thai prison if you think linking on the streets  is "rock bottom".... 

1 hour ago, mentalcolonization said:

Anyone who made a racist comment is 60 and above plus has some skeletons in the closet . the police  said black people ,are they not black?? or do you want to call them blue  people ?? they just identify them by skin color and not being racist . Thais say farang and you are happy , they just identify you from your skin color . will you call them racists??

Some do view the F word as racist. 

Edited by Bluespunk

1 hour ago, mentalcolonization said:

Yes they are renown racists.